PDA

View Full Version : Lesbian mom wannabe Janet Jenkins files massive lawsuit against, well, everybody!

Hubie
08-18-2012, 07:45 PM
Okay, not exactly "everybody," but damn well near!

http://christiannews.net/former-partner-of-ex-lesbian-who-fled-country-with-daughter-files-massive-federal-lawsuit/

The former partner of an ex-lesbian who fled the country with her daughter in 2009 in order to escape court orders to transfer custody has filed a massive federal lawsuit.

The lawsuit, filed by Janet Jenkins, who was “married” to Lisa Miller in 2002 in Vermont before the two split in 2003, names twelve defendants and outlines numerous accusations. Liberty University and Thomas Road Baptist Church, founded by the late Jerry Falwell, are named in the suit, along with Andrew Yoder of Christian Aid Ministries, Nicaraguan pastor Timothy Miller, Winchester, Virginia resident Douglas Wright and seven others.

Jenkins claims that several of the individuals named in the lawsuit assisted Miller with escaping to Nicaragua in 2009 in order to avoid having her daughter Isabella, now ten years old (pictured), raised by a lesbian. She alleges that in doing so, they violated the federal RICO Act, and were in league with the Amish-Mennonite Christian Brotherhood.

Jenkins also states that Matt Staver of Liberty Counsel, Miller’s attorney, and an associate at Liberty University’s School of Law “routinely instructed their Law School students that the correct course of action for a person in Lisa Miller’s situation would be to engage in ‘civil disobedience’ and defy court orders.”

“This is one of the most sloppy and irresponsible complaints I’ve ever read,” commented Staver.

Jenkins claims that Isabella has suffered emotional distress from being kept from her and transported to Nicaragua, and that she is living “far below what even the poorest children in the United States experience.” She is seeking monetary damages for emotional distress for both herself and Isabella, loss of business and coverage of legal fees.

As previously reported, Janet Jenkins and Lisa Miller joined together in a civil union in 2002, and following an artificial insemination procedure, Miller gave birth to baby Isabella.

In 2003, Miller and Jenkins “divorced,” and Miller moved to Virginia. She renounced homosexuality and reportedly turned to Jesus Christ for salvation.

When the civil union was officially dissolved, the court gave custody to Miller, while also granting visitation rights to Jenkins.

While Miller did allow Isabella to spend time with Jenkins for awhile, she reportedly became very concerned at the information that her daughter was providing to her following the visitations. Later, Miller testified to the court that the visits were causing great trauma to Isabella. She claimed that at six years old, the girl was forced to take baths together with Jenkins, and that the girl was openly touching herself inappropriately. She also stated that Isabella was withdrawn and talked about suicide at times.

“Isabella came home and said, ‘Mommy, will you please tell Janet that I don’t have to take a bath anymore at her house,’” Miller told LifeSite News in 2008. “I asked her what happened. She said, ‘Janet took a bath with me.’ I asked her if she had a bathing suit on. ‘No, Mommy.’ She had no clothes on and it totally scared Isabella. She had never seen this woman except once in 2 ½ years and she takes a bath with her.”

“Last year, Isabella put a comb up to her neck and said she wanted to kill herself after one of the visits,” she outlined. “She took a comb and pressed it into her neck and said, ‘I want to kill myself.’ I don’t know where she got that. It was immediately after a visit. Other people have seen huge changes.”

The beginning of the article isn't exactly right. The court order to transfer full custody to Jenkins came after Lisa and Isabella Miller fled.

Novaheart
08-18-2012, 08:01 PM
Same thing- different names and sexes

Elizabeth Morgan Act
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Elizabeth Morgan" redirects here. For other uses, see Elizabeth Morgan (disambiguation).

The Elizabeth Morgan Act refers to an act of the United States Congress, H.R. 1855, which was passed as part of H.R. 3675.
Hilary Antonia Foretich (born 1982), later known as Ellen Morgan, was at the center of a well-publicized international custody case in the late 1980s. Hilary’s maternal grandparents took her to New Zealand, defying a court order that Hilary have unsupervised visitation with her father, Eric Foretich. Her mother, plastic surgeon Elizabeth Morgan, spent 25 months in detention from 1987 to 1989 for contempt of court in Washington, D.C., for refusing to reveal Hilary’s whereabouts.
Elizabeth Morgan had alleged that Foretich had sexually abused their daughter, an accusation that he has vehemently denied and which has never been proved in court.[1] Morgan is Foretich’s third wife. His second wife has also accused him of sexual abuse of their daughter, Heather, (born 1980). Foretich denies those charges, and has repeatedly said the two women have acted in collusion.[2]
Elizabeth Morgan was freed in 1989 by an Act of Congress and joined her daughter and parents in New Zealand. The U.S. Congress passed the Elizabeth Morgan Act in 1996, which permitted Hilary, who by then called herself Ellen Morgan, to decide whether or not to see her father. The 14-year-old returned with her mother to the United States, but declined to see her father. Eric Foretich sued in 1997. The law was overturned as a bill of attainder by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia in 2003, but had no practical effect on Hilary, who was by then 21 and could choose for herself whether or not to see her father.[1] Hilary Foretich, aka Ellen Morgan, is now known as Elena Mitrano.[3]

Hubie
08-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Wow. If you think that's the "same thing," you are sadly mistaken. Janet Jenkins has absolutely no biological claim to Isabella.

Novaheart
08-18-2012, 10:48 PM
Wow. If you think that's the "same thing," you are sadly mistaken. Janet Jenkins has absolutely no biological claim to Isabella.

Neither does an adoptive parent or an infertile husband, but they do have custody fights, parental obligations, and they do win legal parental rights. Lisa Miller is clearly unfit.

Hubie
08-19-2012, 02:02 PM
Neither does an adoptive parent or an infertile husband, but they do have custody fights, parental obligations, and they do win legal parental rights.

Adoptive parents, infertile husbands, et al enter into legally-binding agreements regarding their children. Janet Jenkins did not.

Lisa Miller is clearly unfit.

Based on what?

Novaheart
08-19-2012, 02:29 PM
Adoptive parents, infertile husbands, et al enter into legally-binding agreements regarding their children. Janet Jenkins did not.

http://www.lambdalegal.org/in-court/cases/miller-jenkins-v-miller-jenkins

The federal Parental Kidnapping Prevention Act makes it clear that court orders regarding custody and visitation enacted in one state must be enforced in other states as well.

Summary
Janet Jenkins (formerly Janet Miller-Jenkins) filed an appeal with the Virginia Court of Appeals seeking to ensure respect for a Vermont court order saying she must have regular visitation with the daughter she and her former partner, Lisa Miller (formerly Miller-Jenkins), had when the two women were joined in a Vermont civil union. After the women ended their relationship, Miller moved to Virginia with the women’s daughter, and asked a Vermont court to dissolve the couple’s civil union and sort out custody of the child. When the Vermont court ordered visitation for Jenkins, Miller filed a new lawsuit in Virginia court, and initially succeeded in securing a conflicting court order by the Circuit Court, which cited Virginia's antigay marriage law in declaring Miller to be the child’s sole legal parent, and Jenkins was to have no visitations rights. The conflict was resolved by the Virginia Court of Appeals, which ruled under federal law that Virginia must respect the Vermont court order granting Jenkins visitation rights. That decision has been followed consistently in subsequent stages of the litigation.

Janet Jenkins now has sole legal custody of the child, and Lisa Miller and her conspirators are criminals.

Hubie
08-19-2012, 02:49 PM
http://www.lambdalegal.org/in-court/cases/miller-jenkins-v-miller-jenkins

None of that disproves the fact that Jenkins never entered into any legally-binding agreement regarding her role in Isabella Miller's life. If she were a man in that situation, absolutely no court in the country or even the world would have come down on her side.

Janet Jenkins now has sole legal custody of the child, and Lisa Miller and her conspirators are criminals.

As with the "criminal" Rosa Parks, with good reason! And I hope she and "her conspirators" remain "criminals" until Isabella is 18!

m00
08-19-2012, 07:00 PM
"the Amish-Mennonite Christian Brotherhood."

the what?

Rockntractor
08-19-2012, 07:06 PM
"the Amish-Mennonite Christian Brotherhood."

the what?

Amish and Mennonite are both Anabaptist, The movement started with Menno Simmons.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menno_Simons

LukeEDay
08-19-2012, 07:14 PM
[Thread hijack]

Liberty University is a great school. I am sending my daughter there ...

[/Thread hijack]

FlaGator
08-19-2012, 08:03 PM
Neither does an adoptive parent or an infertile husband, but they do have custody fights, parental obligations, and they do win legal parental rights. Lisa Miller is clearly unfit.

There is absolutely no evidence of that. In fact the situations shows quite the opposite. Lisa Miller is doing what ever she deems necessary to protect her biological daughter from what she believes to be a harmful situation.

Hubie
08-19-2012, 09:09 PM
[Thread hijack]

Liberty University is a great school. I am sending my daughter their ...

[/Thread hijack]

You're sending your daughter their what? Their brochure? Their logoed sweatshirt?

LukeEDay
08-19-2012, 09:32 PM
You're sending your daughter their what? Their brochure? Their logoed sweatshirt?

I meant 'THERE'. Send out the spelling Nazis ...

Hubie
08-20-2012, 12:02 AM
I meant 'THERE'. Send out the spelling Nazis ...

Jawohl!

Novaheart
08-20-2012, 11:08 AM
None of that disproves the fact that Jenkins never entered into any legally-binding agreement regarding her role in Isabella Miller's life. If she were a man in that situation, absolutely no court in the country or even the world would have come down on her side.

When a heterosexual woman is impregnated by donor insemination, her heterosexual male spouse is the father of the child. No special paperwork is required.

You guys are funny. You claim that marriage isn't necessary, that these civil unions or paperwork are the equal of marriage and then you say, "Well they weren't married so it doesn't count." Fortunately, the court ruled appropriately.

Hubie
08-21-2012, 12:49 AM
When a heterosexual woman is impregnated by donor insemination, her heterosexual male spouse is the father of the child. No special paperwork is required.

You'd have a point except for the fact that the matter of Jenkins not having signed anything giving her any legal say over Isabella was a major issue in the court fight.

You guys are funny. You claim that marriage isn't necessary, that these civil unions or paperwork are the equal of marriage and then you say, "Well they weren't married so it doesn't count."

Is that what we said? Really? I guess I missed that. Probably because you burned that straw man too quickly for anyone to notice.

Fortunately, the court ruled appropriately.

No, they didn't. The court ruled maliciously and anyone with a sense of decency would and has realized that.

noonwitch
08-21-2012, 12:28 PM
If Jenkins really did take a bath with the child, and she was nude, then she should not have custody. It's not appropriate for an adult to bathe with a child. It's appropriate for an adult to supervise a small child from outside of the tub, or maybe to put on a swimsuit and get in the tub with a reluctant bather, but not to get in the tub naked with the child.

If Miller coached her kid into lying about the bath, then she should lose primary custody and pay whatever penalties are involved in that type of perjury.

Under Michigan law, Jenkins would have no legal standing unless the child was over 14 and agreed to it.