PDA

View Full Version : Pat Robertson said something outrageous again!!! Oh, noes!!!!!

Hubie
08-18-2012, 10:35 PM
Well, no, not really, but the left put out an edited video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhyJpLIpRVA

Did you notice the jumps? Well, if you go to the 700 Club website and view the unedited segment from Thursday, you can see that, while a tad inarticulate, Robertson's point is quite different from what the above video shows. He doesn't say "don't adopt," but that caring for adoptees is not for everyone.

Gina
08-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Media Matters does the same stuff. This video is so obviously chopped, I hope they fired the goon who made it just because it's so badly edited!

Hubie
08-19-2012, 03:25 PM
Media Matters does the same stuff. This video is so obviously chopped, I hope they fired the goon who made it just because it's so badly edited!

Doubt it. He'll get a promotion and raise.

Zeus
08-19-2012, 04:31 PM
Pat is right about it takes a special kind of person to adopt and care for a child. Especially because of known and unknown problems the child has or may have.

Hubie
08-19-2012, 06:28 PM
Pat is right about it takes a special kind of person to adopt and care for a child. Especially because of known and unknown problems the child has or may have.

And given the day and age, not many men who are out in the "dating scene" are looking to become fathers instantaneously.

RobJohnson
08-21-2012, 01:22 PM

I think I proved that to my parents when they adopted me.

I was only two weeks old. :evil-grin::evil-grin:

RobJohnson
08-21-2012, 01:24 PM
And given the day and age, not many men who are out in the "dating scene" are looking to become fathers instantaneously.

That is why I am so very happily single.

I don't like playing house.

noonwitch
08-22-2012, 09:13 AM
I thought he gave some good advice. A man should not make a commitment to a woman who adopted kids before she met him, if he's not ready to be a father to the children. It's not fair to anyone involved.

There are guys who are up for the challenge and ready to be dads. She should keep looking until she finds hers.

Wibbins
08-22-2012, 11:34 AM
I love the youtube comments lol so many people can't spot AN EDITED VIDEO if it hit them in the face, hell they didn't even bother splicing in a transition it just goes from the girl back to pat in a split second like a huge chunk was taken out.

Lanie
08-22-2012, 03:19 PM
Notice he called children "somebody else's problems." When Obama spoke about
how he didn't want his daughters to make the mistake of having an unplanned pregnancy,
conservatives pitched a fit because he used the word "mistake." How is
this any different?

That woman isn't taking on the United Nations and taking in all the world's children. She's adopted children who need loving homes. I think the world would be a much better place if more people adopted.

And it's true. We don't know what type of abuse the child has been through. That doesn't mean not to adopt them. That means to love them all the more. Children need love. Children who have had mom and dad bastardized to them by abusive parents need to be shown what real parenting is.

As to the answer to the woman's question (Why is it turning off all these guys), one guy said so straight out. It would be better if there was a father around to help pay child support.

Lanie
08-22-2012, 03:21 PM
I think I proved that to my parents when they adopted me.

I was only two weeks old. :evil-grin::evil-grin:

I bet you were a sweet thing.

txradioguy
08-22-2012, 03:23 PM
Notice he called children "somebody else's problems." When Obama spoke about
how he didn't want his daughters to make the mistake of having an unplanned pregnancy,
conservatives pitched a fit because he used the word "mistake." How is
this any different?

That woman isn't taking on the United Nations and taking in all the world's children. She's adopted children who need loving homes. I think the world would be a much better place if more people adopted.

And it's true. We don't know what type of abuse the child has been through. That doesn't mean not to adopt them. That means to love them all the more. Children need love. Children who have had mom and dad bastardized to them by abusive parents need to be shown what real parenting is.

As to the answer to the woman's question (Why is it turning off all these guys), one guy said so straight out. It would be better if there was a father around to help pay child support.

It's badly edited video that plays to easy to dupe Libtards like you.

Lanie
08-22-2012, 03:42 PM
It's badly edited video that plays to easy to dupe Libtards like you.

Okay, does anybody have a link to the full video?

Edited or not, he said what he said. The problem isn't editing so much as it's Robertson. He's got foot in mouth disease.

txradioguy
08-22-2012, 03:47 PM

Edited or not, he said what he said. The problem isn't editing so much as it's Robertson. He's got foot in mouth disease.

Bridget I could edit video of you that makes it appear that you said you slept with Lee Harvey Oswald.

Should the same "edited pr not he said what he said" standard you applied to the edited Robertson video apply to the edited video of you?

Lanie
08-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Bridget I could edit video of you that makes it appear that you said you slept with Lee Harvey Oswald.

Should the same "edited pr not he said what he said" standard you applied to the edited Robertson video apply to the edited video of you?

So, this is all one great big conspiracy? Why should I believe that? Who was editing the other times he stuck his foot in his mouth?

Rockntractor
08-22-2012, 03:51 PM

Supposedly there is an unedited version on his website, I care so little I haven't looked.

txradioguy
08-22-2012, 04:03 PM
So, this is all one great big conspiracy? Why should I believe that? Who was editing the other times he stuck his foot in his mouth?

Other than to bore us to fucking death with your predictable Liberal pavlovian responses...why do you care?

Lanie
08-22-2012, 06:33 PM
Other than to bore us to fucking death with your predictable Liberal pavlovian responses...why do you care?

I find it interesting how it's always the fault of liberals. Even when the conservative sticks their foot in their mouth, it's the fault of liberals. We did it, all of it. We're so lazy that we live in our mother's basements and yet we're so busy that we framed poor Pat Robertson. lol.

When do conservatives take responsibility for their own jackasses? I have no problem saying people like Bill Maher are jackasses. What happens if you all admit somebody on your side is a jackass? Does your ideology suddenly fall apart? Does the sky fall?

Zeus
08-22-2012, 07:54 PM
I find it interesting how it's always the fault of liberals. Even when the conservative sticks their foot in their mouth, it's the fault of liberals. We did it, all of it. We're so lazy that we live in our mother's basements and yet we're so busy that we framed poor Pat Robertson. lol.

When do conservatives take responsibility for their own jackasses? I have no problem saying people like Bill Maher are jackasses. What happens if you all admit somebody on your side is a jackass? Does your ideology suddenly fall apart? Does the sky fall?

Call me a whacko far right nutjob but I find nothing wrong with his statement that without being committed to the job you are better off and the child is better off if you don't take on the responsibility of adoption or raising some one else' s child ? what's to disagree with ?