PDA

View Full Version : Chris Matthews: 'If I Were Obama I'd Marry' Bill Clinton

Gina
08-23-2012, 07:35 PM
Link (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/08/23/chris-matthews-if-i-were-obama-id-marry-bill-clinton#ixzz24PoQyKsI)

http://newsbusters.org/sites/default/files/main_photos/2012/August/Clinton%20Obama.jpg

MSNBC's Chris Matthews sure doesn't have a problem expressing his affection for men on national television.

After showing a new campaign ad former President Bill Clinton just completed for the current White House resident, the Hardball host actually said, "If I were Barack Obama, I'd marry that guy" (video at link followed by commentary):

Makes you wonder how Mrs. Matthews feels about her husband talking this way on national television.

One moment he's telling viewers how listening to Obama gives him a thrill up his leg. The next he's saying he'd marry Bill Clinton.

Regardless of her feelings on the subject, exactly what do the folks at Comcast, General Electric, and NBC think about such gushing sentiments being expressed by one of their anchors in an election year?

Are there any journalistic standards left at this network?

Hubie
08-23-2012, 11:13 PM
So that's what a spaghetti dinner looks like in reverse. :vomit:

Unreconstructed Reb
08-24-2012, 09:09 AM
Based on their expressions it's obvious that Slick Willie has a handful of 0blowme's ass in that picture.

m00
08-24-2012, 09:58 AM
It's good advice. At the end of his second term, Clinton signed into law some pretty bad legislation. However, the fact is life was good under the Clinton years and for better or worse presidents get credit for that. And I think it's fair to say that behind closed doors he had a functional relationship with Newt when Newt was speaker and there was a congressional majority of Republicans... and they worked together and life was pretty good. Clinton's main political talent was being personable and likeable, and despite the fact he was a rhodes scholar he didn't come across as an ivory tower arrogant ass. This helped him work with Republicans to give us a functional government and balance the budget. Obama really needs to tap into that energy if he wants to win the election. But I would go a step farther and say that he Obama doesn't need to marry Clinton, he needs to be Clinton.

Unreconstructed Reb
08-25-2012, 10:07 AM
It's good advice. At the end of his second term, Clinton signed into law some pretty bad legislation. However, the fact is life was good under the Clinton years and for better or worse presidents get credit for that. And I think it's fair to say that behind closed doors he had a functional relationship with Newt when Newt was speaker and there was a congressional majority of Republicans... and they worked together and life was pretty good. Clinton's main political talent was being personable and likeable, and despite the fact he was a rhodes scholar he didn't come across as an ivory tower arrogant ass. This helped him work with Republicans to give us a functional government and balance the budget. Obama really needs to tap into that energy if he wants to win the election. But I would go a step farther and say that he Obama doesn't need to marry Clinton, he needs to be Clinton.

Clinton wasn't a Marxist. Zero is a Marxist and has no intentions of working with the Repubs. Zero is all about division.

Odysseus
08-26-2012, 08:52 PM
I wonder who Chris Matthews would marry if he were a man.