PDA

View Full Version : MLK Jr. Niece to Black Leaders: 'Stop Playing Race Card' (From May 2012)

Gina
08-26-2012, 03:41 PM
Link (http://www.reagancoalition.com/articles/2012/20120525003-alveda-king-trayvon.html#BAVfwGJAkrIOYG7q.99)

5/25/12

Story comes from the Daily Caller.

Alveda King, the niece of Martin Luther King Jr. is upset with Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson for playing the race card in the Trayvon Martin case.

Here are some of what she told to theDC.

“I would believe that, by stirring up all of the emotions and reactions, I wanted to encourage them to remember the man that they say that they followed, to remember that his message was nonviolence and very loving,” King told The Daily Caller

“Nonviolence was a very important part of the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr,” she added. “So, we want to encourage people to be nonviolent in their responses, to be thorough in their research and that justice must be done…We want justice to come, but we want nonviolent responses to this really tragic and terrible incident.”

“I remember when our home was bombed, and my dad went out to the people and he said, ‘please don’t riot, please don’t react violently, my family and I are alright,’” King said. “’If you have to hit anybody, hit me. So please, I’d rather you be nonviolent and don’t strike out.’ So, my uncle would urge a call for justice but he would also urge nonviolence in responses. He would do that, I can assure you he would.”

“We also should urge people to know that we are one human race,” she said. “We’re not separate races. There’s only one human race.”

This article was first published on March 28, 2012 but I am bringing it back to life to give more publicity to the leaders of the AA community that are speaking out against the faux leaders like Sharpton and Jackson.

Alveda King did not call out President Obama but Pastor Manning of Atlah World Missionaries did. Check his video out at: "If you had a son, would he act like Trayvon?". (http://www.reagancoalition.com/articles/2012/20120522006-atlah-trayvon.html)
Is she his niece or his daughter? Title says niece and the story says “I remember when our home was bombed, and my dad went out.." and then So, my uncle would urge a call for justice but he would also urge nonviolence in responses. He would do that, I can assure you he would.”
?

JB
08-26-2012, 04:09 PM
“We also should urge people to know that we are one human race,” she said. “We’re not separate races. There’s only one human race.” Tell it to the Demopukes. They need separate races or else they'd fade away. They won't let anyone forget.

Unreconstructed Reb
08-26-2012, 04:57 PM
She's wasting her time. Too much money to be made in the race industry.

noonwitch
08-28-2012, 03:58 PM
Alveda is MLK's niece. His daughters are the late Yolanda King and Bernice King. Bernice spoke at my former church once.

I think the family has kind of disowned Alveda, not so much for her political stances, but for being one of Glenn Beck's regular guests. :friendly_wink:

Gina
08-28-2012, 06:42 PM
Alveda is MLK's niece. His daughters are the late Yolanda King and Bernice King. Bernice spoke at my former church once.

I think the family has kind of disowned Alveda, not so much for her political stances, but for being one of Glenn Beck's regular guests. :friendly_wink:

Sometimes even families need to follow the rule about not discussing religion or politics. :biggrin-new: