PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul to address auditing the Pentagon at the RNC?

Generation Why?
08-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Link (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/rand-paul-message-republican-convention-audit-pentagon-230638244.html)

TAMPA--Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul will use his prime-time speaking slot at the Republican National Convention to urge party members to be more open to scrutinizing military spending, a position that puts him in the minority within the GOP.

I like the idea. Not because I hate those in the Pentagon (Which I don't). I like the idea of holding every department accountable in helping get rid of this defecit. Part of that is looking at what you spend compared to what you need. Hopefully this gets pushed to all Departments.

Gina
08-28-2012, 06:28 PM
I fully support eliminating wasteful spending no matter where it's from. The problem comes in about what is on the chopping block in the military. Someone or someones have to be accountable and in charge of thoughtfully addressing the problem.

Also, the electorate is so lazy. If people would call/write their politicians I think it would help a lot.

Rockntractor
08-28-2012, 06:34 PM
Rome found it was much easier and cheaper to farm out their national security.

Gina
08-28-2012, 06:35 PM
Rome found it was much easier and cheaper to farm out their national security.

Yes, a good example to follow fo sho!

Odysseus
08-28-2012, 08:20 PM
We constantly get audited. The amount of waste in the DOD is nothing compared to the waste, fraud and abuse in the rest of the government. How about auditing the Dept. of Agriculture? The Food Stamp program is notorious for its waste.