PDA

View Full Version : The best line of the convention tonight.

LukeEDay
08-29-2012, 11:14 PM
This is with out a doubt the best line of the convention, tonight.

'College graduates should not have to spend their twenties in their childhood bedrooms, looking up at their fading Obama posters and wondering when they will be able to get going in life.'

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

NJCardFan
08-29-2012, 11:52 PM
Agreed.

Chuck58
08-30-2012, 12:36 AM
I admit I'm a little prejudiced, but I'll take Susana Martinez's line

"I'll be damned. We're Republicans."

linda22003
08-30-2012, 08:44 AM
Martinez' line was very good, but I laughed out loud at Ryan's little poke at his running mate being less than cool, when he said that the songs on Mitt's iPod are also heard on hotel elevators. :biggrin-new:

Starbuck
08-30-2012, 09:52 AM
Martinez' line was very good, but I laughed out loud at Ryan's little poke at his running mate being less than cool, when he said that the songs on Mitt's iPod are also heard on hotel elevators. :biggrin-new:

Who's Led Zeppelin?:star:

linda22003
08-30-2012, 10:11 AM
Who's Led Zeppelin?:star:

I wasn't sure what I heard, but didn't Ryan say his own iPod went "From AC/DC to Zeppelin"? That's not exactly up to the minute stuff, either.

Bailey
08-30-2012, 10:14 AM
I wasn't sure what I heard, but didn't Ryan say his own iPod went "From AC/DC to Zeppelin"? That's not exactly up to the minute stuff, either.

No beltway but it is better then most music thats churned out today.

Starbuck
08-30-2012, 10:34 AM
No beltway but it is better then most music thats churned out today.

Yeah. I'm kind of a music nerd myself. Perhaps it's because I played classical violin, but I never have followed pop culture. I really cannot name either a AC/DC hit or Led Zeppelin hit.

But I know who Sarah Brightman and Andea Bocelli are:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl9WMIPzd6w

NJCardFan
08-30-2012, 10:49 AM
Yeah. I'm kind of a music nerd myself. Perhaps it's because I played classical violin, but I never have followed pop culture. I really cannot name either a AC/DC hit or Led Zeppelin hit.

You're trying to tell me that you've never heard Stairway to Heaven?

linda22003
08-30-2012, 11:01 AM
It's possible to appreciate both classical and pop culture. And Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman are a lot closer to the pop culture end of the scale.

Starbuck
08-30-2012, 11:02 AM
You're trying to tell me that you've never heard Stairway to Heaven?
Nope. Can't say that. But I have no idea who performed it................Neil Sedaka?:smile-new:

linda22003
08-30-2012, 11:05 AM
Nope. Can't say that. But I have no idea who performed it................Neil Sedaka?:smile-new:

Jeez! Eveyone knows Neil Sedaka did "Free Bird"!

Rockntractor
08-30-2012, 11:54 AM
Ryan: Obama presidency is 'like a ship trying to sail on yesterday's wind'

Generation Why?
08-30-2012, 12:11 PM
I was partial to "Everything is free except us"

Rockntractor
08-30-2012, 12:34 PM

Excellent line, I missed it.

Generation Why?
08-30-2012, 12:48 PM
Excellent line, I missed it.

Paul Ryan did a pretty good job altogether.

LukeEDay
08-30-2012, 02:21 PM

Yes, that was a good line as well.

With AC/DC; Back in Black is one the greatest selling Cd's of all time.

With Led Zepplin; Stairway to Heaven is the most played song in history. It is also the most sick of song in history. -> There is a big long standing debate going on about whether Led Zepplin or Black Sabbath founded Heavy Metal.

Although I like some of the newer stuff, I am partial to Pre Brain Johnson AC/DC. Bon Scott was cool. Songs like Jail Break, Dirty Deeds, highway to hell, and Big Balls; you can't beat them. -> Of course there is also a running joke that AC/DC made the same album 15 times and they sold millions.

Yes, I am a music geek myself.

Generation Why?
08-30-2012, 04:00 PM
Yes, that was a good line as well.

With AC/DC; Back in Black is one the greatest selling Cd's of all time.

With Led Zepplin; Stairway to Heaven is the most played song in history. It is also the most sick of song in history. -> There is a big long standing debate going on about whether Led Zepplin or Black Sabbath founded Heavy Metal.

Although I like some of the newer stuff, I am partial to Pre Brain Johnson AC/DC. Bon Scott was cool. Songs like Jail Break, Dirty Deeds, highway to hell, and Big Balls; you can't beat them. -> Of course there is also a running joke that AC/DC made the same album 15 times and they sold millions.

Yes, I am a music geek myself.

Led Zeppelin is the father of Heavy Metal. They are also the greatest band of all time.

m00
08-30-2012, 04:43 PM
There is a big long standing debate going on about whether Led Zepplin or Black Sabbath founded Heavy Metal.

Founded? Sabbath. I mean, metal clearly has roots going back as far as The Who. But I would consider Sabbath to be the first "modern" American Metal band. This isn't a dig on Zeppelin... I just think Zeppelin were so genius they founded a genre of music nobody has been able to replicate.

Zeus
08-30-2012, 05:37 PM
Founded? Sabbath. I mean, metal clearly has roots going back as far as The Who. But I would consider Sabbath to be the first "modern" American Metal band. This isn't a dig on Zeppelin... I just think Zeppelin were so genius they founded a genre of music nobody has been able to replicate.

Deep Purple and Black Sabbath.

Madisonian
08-30-2012, 05:50 PM
Led Zeppelin is the father of Heavy Metal. They are also the greatest band of all time.

Wrong twice in the same post.
Blue Cheer, MC5 and The Who were doing heavy metal before Zeppelin even formed.
Greatest band of all time... hardly.

LukeEDay
08-30-2012, 07:22 PM
Deep Purple and Black Sabbath.

My thoughts also.

Led Zepplin is no where near the greatest band in history. The Beatles are ..........

Bailey
08-30-2012, 07:52 PM
I wonder if the liberals are going to accuse Romney of lying tonight when he says the words, and, it or but etc

You know its coming...

LukeEDay
08-30-2012, 08:04 PM
I wonder if the liberals are going to accuse Romney of lying tonight when he says the words, and, it or but etc

You know its coming...

You know they will. They will gut his speech and say it is was all a lie from beginning to end.

Rockntractor
08-30-2012, 08:16 PM
You know they will. They will gut his speech and say it is was all a lie from beginning to end.

That is how you know you are on-the right track, when, liberals, communists, progressives, Democrats or whatever they are currently calling themselves don't like what you say you are probably doing the right thing.

JB
08-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Martinez' line was very good, but I laughed out loud at Ryan's little poke at his running mate being less than cool, when he said that the songs on Mitt's iPod are also heard on hotel elevators. :biggrin-new:That surprises no one. He makes one goof on Mitt and that's the one you latch on to.

LukeEDay
08-30-2012, 09:46 PM
That is how you know you are on-the right track, when, liberals, communists, progressives, Democrats or whatever they are currently calling themselves don't like what you say you are probably doing the right thing.

In that case, let them do it.

Hawkgirl
08-31-2012, 12:23 AM
Marco Rubio had some great lines as well tonight.
"Under Barack Obama, the only "Change" is that "Hope" has been hard to find."

and

Hope and Change has become Divide and Conquer.

LukeEDay
08-31-2012, 10:38 AM
Marco Rubio had some great lines as well tonight.
"Under Barack Obama, the only "Change" is that "Hope" has been hard to find."

and

Hope and Change has become Divide and Conquer.

Yes, they were good lines.

linda22003
08-31-2012, 10:42 AM
That surprises no one. He makes one goof on Mitt and that's the one you latch on to.

It wasn't a goof - I took it as good natured ribbing and I found it amusing. What's so awful about that?

Generation Why?
09-04-2012, 12:27 PM
My thoughts also.

Led Zepplin is no where near the greatest band in history. The Beatles are ..........

Personal preference. Also, Pepsi is better than Coke