08-30-2012, 11:19 PM
He might just pull it off...:Flag2:

MountainMan
08-30-2012, 11:24 PM
He might just pull it off...:Flag2:
Ya think you cranky old sith lord?

Janice
08-30-2012, 11:36 PM
We will have to drag the ol rino gop candidate across the finish line in-spite of himself and the party (the gop) who despises us (the tea partiers) in spite of themselves. Then we will have to deal with them (the rinos) later.,

That is what we are realistically up against. They (the gop) just dont know how to win!

MountainMan
08-30-2012, 11:46 PM
We will have to drag the ol rino gop candidate across the finish line in-spite of himself and the party (the gop) who despises us (the tea partiers) in spite of themselves. Then we will have to deal with them (the rinos) later.,

That is what we are realistically up against. They (the gop) just dont know how to win!

whatever :rolleyes:

Starbuck
08-31-2012, 12:09 AM
The thing about Romney in his favor is the organization. Speeches seemed to be well vetted, speakers well received, and the meanness that - frankly - I expected was just not there. Sure they threw hard curves at Obama, but not so badly that the moderates who were watching would be turned off.

I think it went well.

The debates will count.

Hawkgirl
08-31-2012, 12:17 AM
I thought he was excellent. Not over the top, but enough to show that he can do the job well and be a man of his word. His character came through in this convention and I believe he will win in November.

Rockntractor
08-31-2012, 12:23 AM
I thought he was excellent. Not over the top, but enough to show that he can do the job well and be a man of his word. His character came through in this convention and I believe he will win in November.

He has to win in November or we will have to develop some sort of underground economy.

Hawkgirl
08-31-2012, 12:26 AM
He has to win in November or we will have to develop some sort of underground economy.

There are already several items (legal) that have black markets....I'm sure everyday staples will be added if he gets elected again.

linda22003
08-31-2012, 08:23 AM
I think he did a very good job, and the "humanizing" bits they always say he needs were done well. The home movies were fun, and there wasn't a dry eye in the house during the "rose by the bedside" story.
He made firm remarks about the opposition without being nasty, and made his own case in a confident (and efficient) way.

FlaGator
08-31-2012, 10:30 AM
I think he did a very good job, and the "humanizing" bits they always say he needs were done well. The home movies were fun, and there wasn't a dry eye in the house during the "rose by the bedside" story.
He made firm remarks about the opposition without being nasty, and made his own case in a confident (and efficient) way.

I agree with you assessment. He did a great job of getting his point across without stooping to the level of insults and character assassinations.

linda22003
08-31-2012, 12:03 PM
I especially appreciated his being succinct, since my bedtime is usually 10 pm, and this went past 11. :)

Rockntractor
08-31-2012, 12:07 PM
I agree with you assessment. He did a great job of getting his point across without stooping to the level of insults and character assassinations.

Character assassination would be difficult when there is little to none present.

Zeus
08-31-2012, 12:58 PM
I Think it was a well done convention. Excellent points made matter of fact and succintly , no fancy word smithing or wonkness . No over the top accusations or meanness. Speakers chosen showed the breadth and diversity of the Republican party.