PDA

View Full Version : Bill Clinton on Obama: 'A Few Years Ago, This Guy Would Have Been Carrying Our Bags'

SarasotaRepub
09-03-2012, 08:29 AM
I always loved this one... (http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/bill-clinton-obama-few-years-ago-guy-would-have-been-carrying-our-bags_651489.html)

5:51 PM, Sep 2, 2012 By DANIEL HALPER

Former President Bill Clinton tried to get former senator Ted Kennedy to endorse Hillary Clinton for president in the 2008 election by describing Barack Obama this way: "A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags."
This anecdote is revealed in a New Yorker (http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2012/09/10/120910fa_fact_lizza?currentPage=2) article on the relationship between Bill Clinton and Obama:

Tim Russert told me that, according to his sources, Bill Clinton, in an effort to secure an endorsement for Hillary from Ted Kennedy, said to Kennedy, A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags.
Clinton is giving a keynote address at the Democratic convention this week in Charlotte, North Carolina.

I'm sure it was a mistake or misquote or Rove or Cheney or the BFEE or sunspots...

It could NOT possibily be Clinton, Mr. Super Dem., being honest. :biggrin-new:

Odysseus
09-03-2012, 10:28 AM
It could NOT possibily be Clinton, Mr. Super Dem., being honest. :biggrin-new:

To be fair, he's so rarely honest about anything... :evil-grin:

What's really funny is that Clinton is giving the introduction to Obama at the convention, and he has refused to allow Obama's people to see his speech. They have no idea what he's going to say, and they are terrified that he is going to upstage Obama and set up Hillary for 2016.

And, does anyone else find it odd that an impeached former president who left office after issuing a slew of corrupt pardons and who let Osama Bin Laden get away repeatedly is the best that the Democrats could do? He's no Clint Eastwood.

Gina
09-03-2012, 10:38 AM
I hope BJ talks about the fairy tale again. :smile-new: