PDA

View Full Version : On What Planet Do These People Live On?

NJCardFan
09-04-2012, 05:38 AM
Democrats Say U.S. Is Better Off Than Four Years Ago (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/04/us/politics/democrats-say-us-is-better-off-than-4-years-ago.html?pagewanted=all)

http://cache.jezebel.com/assets/images/39/2011/10/medium_wtfkells.gif

Best line of the article:

“The president can say a lot of things, and he will, but he can’t tell you that you’re better off,” Mr. Ryan said on Monday at a rally in Greenville, N.C. “Simply put, the Jimmy Carter years look like the good old days compared to where we are right now.”

FlaGator
09-04-2012, 09:03 AM
I read somewhere that Jimmy Carter will be speaking at the DNC. What is he going to say? The only relevant contribution that I can think of would be for him to make the case the the economy may be bad under Obama but it is still better that it was under Carter.

txradioguy
09-04-2012, 10:25 AM
When you judge America through the window that Libtards do...to them we are much better off.

Near completely open borders with unchecked illegal immigration. Universial Health care. Limits on corporate salaries. etc etc the list goes on.

No wonder the Libs thinks we're doing better. Every one is equally more miserable than they were 4 years ago.

Mission (nearly) accomplished.

LukeEDay
09-04-2012, 10:52 AM
I read somewhere that Jimmy Carter will be speaking at the DNC. What is he going to say? The only relevant contribution that I can think of would be for him to make the case the the economy may be bad under Obama but it is still better that it was under Carter.

Jimmy Carter is speaking. By video though. They don't him there in fear of people seeing double.

Novaheart
09-04-2012, 10:58 AM
When you judge America through the window that Libtards do...to them we are much better off.

Near completely open borders with unchecked illegal immigration. Universial Health care. Limits on corporate salaries. etc etc the list goes on.

No wonder the Libs thinks we're doing better. Every one is equally more miserable than they were 4 years ago.

God forbid!

txradioguy
09-04-2012, 12:29 PM
God forbid!

What this President has done and what the Democrats in Congress have done has been un-constitutional...post-constitutional and at the very worst ruling by executive fiat (executive orders skirting congress).

God Forbid indeed.

Odysseus
09-04-2012, 12:57 PM

And, let's not forget what sequestration will do to the military. Withough an effective fighting force, we will be forced to beg our enemies not to kill us. That's diplomacy, liberal style.

Zeus
09-04-2012, 02:20 PM
http://atkinsonbasses.com/images/obamadnc.jpg

Gina
09-04-2012, 07:22 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/304689_398484116872426_800177777_n.jpg

JB
09-04-2012, 07:32 PM
It's all Bush's fault. Only they won't mention Bush by name anymore because people are sick of that excuse.
Republicans hate women and love rich people.

There, I've just given you the convention for the next three days. No need to watch or read about it.

ralph wiggum
09-04-2012, 07:39 PM
It's all Bush's fault. Only they won't mention Bush by name anymore because people are sick of that excuse.
Republicans hate women and love rich people.

There, I've just given you the convention for the next three days. No need to watch or read about it.

Don't worry, wasn't going to watch it anyway. But thanks for tying it all in a nice neat bow for me. :thumbsup:

Novaheart
09-04-2012, 09:40 PM
What this President has done and what the Democrats in Congress have done has been un-constitutional...post-constitutional and at the very worst ruling by executive fiat (executive orders skirting congress).

God Forbid indeed.

I won't argue that Obamacare is optimal, because it isn't. Optimal would be universal single payer. Eventually that's what we will have, but apparently too many politicians still have their hands out to insurance companies.

I also would understand if insurance companies needed some time to figure out how they would survive a switch to universal single payer. Are they doing that? Are they moving their resources into other revenue streams? Are they figuring out how they can live off a Single Payer version of administrative fees? Or are they doing what American companies seem to specialize in doing: worrying and planning no farther than the next report or rating?

Starbuck
09-04-2012, 10:11 PM
We tried to watch. We really did. But every channel had the same problem in that while commentators were pontificating the background from the on going speeches was too loud, and I could not follow either the speech or the comments.

I guess all audio engineers are Republicans....(?)

ralph wiggum
09-04-2012, 10:41 PM
We tried to watch. We really did. But every channel had the same problem in that while commentators were pontificating the background from the on going speeches was too loud, and I could not follow either the speech or the comments.

I guess all audio engineers are Republicans....(?)

Too many good baseball games to watch. In all honesty, I barely watched last week's RNC either.

Odysseus
09-04-2012, 11:10 PM
I won't argue that Obamacare is optimal, because it isn't. Optimal would be universal single payer.

It's only optimal if your goal is the complete collapse of our medical system.

txradioguy
09-05-2012, 07:33 AM
I also would understand if insurance companies needed some time to figure out how they would survive a switch to universal single payer.

They won't survive. That was the plan all along.

Gina
09-05-2012, 10:32 AM
What is with people who think insurance companies are evil because they want to make a profit. And oil companies. Why don't liberals ever complain about Apple being rich? It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

NJCardFan
09-05-2012, 11:14 AM
What is with people who think insurance companies are evil because they want to make a profit. And oil companies. Why don't liberals ever complain about Apple being rich? It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

Or Hollywood.