PDA

View Full Version : How 0bama can handily win re-election

Janice
09-04-2012, 11:21 PM
Speculation Mounts That Ron Paul Will Launch Third Party Presidential Bid On Tuesday’s Tonight Show (http://www.mediaite.com/online/speculation-mounts-that-ron-paul-will-launch-third-party-presidential-bid-on-tuesdays-tonight-show/)

The conventional wisdom holds that, in a three-way race between President Barack Obama, Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney and Rep. Paul, the two Republican candidates would split the conservative vote and easily deliver the president his second term.

----------------------------------

Does this guy ever think about anyone but himself? Ego, dementia, what??

Rockntractor
09-04-2012, 11:30 PM
I give him more credit than that, he has far more sanity than his followers.

Hubie
09-05-2012, 12:05 AM
Ron Paul is an idiot. Give it up already. You're only hurting yourself and everyone else who despises where this country has gone over the last 3.5 years.

SaintLouieWoman
09-05-2012, 01:17 AM
I'm hoping that Ron Paul at least cares enough about his son to not jeopardize the son's future in politics. Rand Paul makes way more sense than his dad.

Stoic
09-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Ron Paul is a genius, and more of a man than 99.9% of most politicians, willing to stand up for what he believes in, without compromise. He's going to start an independent run NOW, 60 days out from the election?

That is the weakest excuse for ridiculous I've heard in a LONG, LONG time.

Bailey
09-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Ron Paul is a genius, and more of a man than 99.9% of most politicians, willing to stand up for what he believes in, without compromise. He's going to start an independent run NOW, 60 days out from the election?

That is the weakest excuse for ridiculous I've heard in a LONG, LONG time.

He could do that just to screw the party that hasn't nominated him once for president in how many tries? He will be too old to run in 2016, so this could be his last screw you.

noonwitch
09-05-2012, 12:55 PM
I don't think he will do it, mainly because of money-raising issues. He could call for a write-in campaign, but I don't see that getting him enough votes to take votes away from either major party candidate.

If Obama is re-elected, I can see a conservative/Tea Party split from the GOP, based on dissatisfaction with McCain and Romney as "establishment" republican candidates. I'm not sure how that would play out nationally, though. I think it would take at least one election cycle for the new conservative party to get the funds and the recognition needed to win a Presidency.

Ron Paul could be the leader of that movement, and he could go down in history as the guy who changed American politics, but he might have to give up his dream of being President to do so.

Starbuck
09-05-2012, 12:56 PM
It happened that way for Clinton, who would not have won without Perot's candidacy. Woodrow Wilson, too, who won because Teddy Roosevelt ran in 1912 under the Progressive Party.

Wilson and Clinton have the distinction of being the only Presidents to serve 2 term and never win 50% of the popular vote.

History is strange stuff, sometimes.

Stoic
09-06-2012, 09:16 AM
If Obama is re-elected, I can see a conservative/Tea Party split from the GOP, based on dissatisfaction with McCain and Romney as "establishment" republican candidates. I'm not sure how that would play out nationally, though. I think it would take at least one election cycle for the new conservative party to get the funds and the recognition needed to win a Presidency.

Don't buy it at all. What no one seems to understand about the Tea Party is that it isn't some new force in American politics. IT IS the voting base of the Republican party, re-energized by the state of the country and given another name. There is no republican party apart from it. Oh, sure, there will probably always be moderate republican politicians like John McCain, mostly due to lack of better choices, but even now, many moderates are being swiftly replaced by previously unknown Tea Party candidates.

Creating a new conservative party would be pointless. We're already re-creating the one we have.

Molon Labe
09-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Romney doesn't need to worry about a third party run made up of Paul types screwing it up for him. His people did a pretty good job of pissing off the Teaparty and grassroots Republicans at the convention last week to shore up some mighty dissent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKaXqoC4DjE&feature=plcp

Question: Why would you try to disenfranchise and piss off 15 to 30% of your voting block at the convention before and election.

Rockntractor
09-06-2012, 09:46 AM
Question: Why would you try to disenfranchise and piss off 15 to 30% of your voting block at the convention before and election.

Sorry Lube but 15-20% of the Republican party does not dance to gyno Ronnies drum, if you think the whole tea party marches behind Dr. Nutz you are also crazy.

Molon Labe
09-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Sorry Lube but 15-20% of the Republican party does not dance to gyno Ronnies drum, if you think the whole tea party marches behind Dr. Nutz you are also crazy.

never said that. Said you can't piss off grassroots Republicans and Tea partiers and win.

Are you trying to defend GOP estab types. Good grief.

Starbuck
09-06-2012, 10:04 AM
never said that. Said you can't piss off grassroots Republicans and Tea partiers and win.

I'm a Tea Partier. Didn't piss me off.
Not sure what a grassroots Republican is. I might be one of those, too.:smile-new:

Molon Labe
09-06-2012, 10:33 AM
I'm a Tea Partier. Didn't piss me off.
Not sure what a grassroots Republican is. I might be one of those, too.:smile-new:

Go to about 2:15 in the video and then watch the video at 3:15 on the teleprompter. A good 1/5 of delegates and tea party types walked out of the convention because of that.
If people can just go "meh" at blatant fraud, then the GOP is irrellevant as a institution of government reform and we are f'd

Rockntractor
09-06-2012, 10:50 AM

Read what I write and not what you want to see, like it would make any difference to you anyway, poor Melon Lube.:blue:

Gina
09-06-2012, 10:56 AM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjxU64hKxJPxQngsvxAS_Nju168kDg5 LkFhxbjDxofIqjsWrqmIQ&t=1

Rockntractor
09-06-2012, 10:59 AM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjxU64hKxJPxQngsvxAS_Nju168kDg5 LkFhxbjDxofIqjsWrqmIQ&t=1

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/ron-paul-ron-demotivational-posters.jpg

Molon Labe
09-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Read what I write and not what you want to see, like it would make any difference to you anyway, poor Melon Lube.:blue:

Good grief. I'm talking about a situation that could effectively sink Romney and you want to go on about Paul?

Put your head in the sand then. What's pathetic is that Obama gets 4 more years because the GOP is completely divided.

Gina
09-06-2012, 11:29 AM
I don't know about the GOP being completely divided. I think most are voting for Romney because he's better than Obama. Very few are super hyped about Romney as far as I can see.

Molon Labe
09-06-2012, 03:41 PM
I don't know about the GOP being completely divided. I think most are voting for Romney because he's better than Obama. Very few are super hyped about Romney as far as I can see.

See, what Rocks saying is that he has no room for us old guard conservatives. You know...we Goldwater/ Paleos who once had a big voice in the GOP but seem to get moved to the margins these days...even though we built the conservative movement. But it's changing.

If Conservatives wanted to "win" as bad as they say they do, then they'd realize the old platform was what people found so attractive. Kinda like how Bush talked during the 2000 debates. Never did I ever think I'd see the day that the GOP would nominate two left wing RINOS to represent us in succession. I guess when people can't really tell the difference, they get a bit grouchy.

Rockntractor
09-06-2012, 04:10 PM
See, what Rocks saying is that he has no room for us old guard conservatives. You know...we Goldwater/ Paleos who once had a big voice in the GOP but seem to get moved to the margins these days...even though we built the conservative movement. But it's changing.

If Conservatives wanted to "win" as bad as they say they do, then they'd realize the old platform was what people found so attractive. Kinda like how Bush talked during the 2000 debates. Never did I ever think I'd see the day that the GOP would nominate two left wing RINOS to represent us in succession. I guess when people can't really tell the difference, they get a bit grouchy.

Paulbot isolationists are not and never have been old gaurd conservatives, you have always been this yappy little fringe of attention whores, first you were LaRouchians than Perotistas and now followers of Gyno Paul.

Molon Labe
09-07-2012, 07:45 AM
Paulbot isolationists are not and never have been old gaurd conservatives, you have always been this yappy little fringe of attention whores, first you were LaRouchians than Perotistas and now followers of Gyno Paul.

LOL. I helped campaign in my local area for Reagan, and voted for Jack Kemp in the primaries in 88'. I campaigned twice for Pat Buchanan when I was in the Young Republicans. What are you babbling on about Perot and Larouche for.

Gina
09-08-2012, 12:04 AM

I've got news for you: God knows I love Dubya but his compassionate conservatism shouldn't be looked up to by the 'old guard'. He spent a lot and was wrong on immigration which he talked about during the campaign. I don't understand why people say we need to nominate a conservative but the masses vote in Romney and McCain types. Once that happens, no amount of whining will bring on a conservative nomination.

Polls say 40% of Americans are right-leaning but we can't seem to get a conservative to vote for in the general election. Rush convinced me that explaining the conservative ideas and agenda is vital and we haven't had anyone who does it well. Ryan gives me hope on that front.