PDA

View Full Version : Thought Police Patrol Convention’s Radio Row

FlaGator
09-07-2012, 09:57 AM
The shape of things to come if the democrats are allowed to have any authority...

Conservative talk-show hosts who came to Charlotte to interview political figures are furious. For the first time in anyone’s memory, Radio Row — the designated set of booths available to visiting talk-show hosts — has seen restrictions placed on its use by Team Obama. DNC staffers at Radio Row will book leading Democrats for slots on conservative stations but then cancel the appearances an hour or so before broadcast “because you’re not our audience.”

Roger Hedgecock, a former mayor of San Diego now hosting a nationally syndicated talk show, decided to pack up and leave Charlotte early because “we were blocked from getting any guests that mattered. It was a complete freeze.” Larry O’Connor of Breitbart Radio told me, “It was the most bizarre act of censorship. These shows paid large fees and spent thousands on equipment setup and they couldn’t do their programs because of interference.”

Whole story is here (http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/316111/thought-police-patrol-conventions-radio-row-john-fund)

Novaheart
09-07-2012, 10:15 AM
The shape of things to come if the democrats are allowed to have any authority...

Whole story is here (http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/316111/thought-police-patrol-conventions-radio-row-john-fund)

I've never heard of either of those talk show hosts. Perhaps that's why they had trouble getting guests. Hannity didn't seem to have that problem.

txradioguy
09-07-2012, 10:30 AM
I've never heard of either of those talk show hosts. Perhaps that's why they had trouble getting guests. Hannity didn't seem to have that problem.

Hedgecock used to be the main fill in for Rush until his local San Diego show went national. Seems to happen to all of Rush's fill in hosts.

Hannity has this maddening tendency to kiss Liberal ass to get them on his show.

wasp69
09-07-2012, 11:10 AM
I've never heard of either of those talk show hosts. Perhaps that's why they had trouble getting guests.

Holy shit, what a friggin' ego! You've never heard of them so "perhaps that's why they had trouble getting guests"?

:rotfl:

Hannity didn't seem to have that problem.

Why, because you've heard of him?

Zeus
09-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Roger Hedgecock is a Democrat , I don't think he changed affiliations . Funny they shut him out, Although he is more conservative than a lot of Republicans.

noonwitch
09-07-2012, 12:25 PM

FOX in general didn't have any problems with coverage, at least as far as television is concerned.

It's not censorship, though. Those denied entry are still free to bitch about it on their radio shows, if they were being censored, that would definitely not be allowed.

Novaheart
09-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Holy shit, what a friggin' ego! You've never heard of them so "perhaps that's why they had trouble getting guests"?

:rotfl:

Why, because you've heard of him?

I listen to conservative talk radio quite a bit. That would include Todd Schnitt, Mark Levin, Hugh Hewitt, Rush Limbaugh, Michael Medved, Dennis Praeger, Michael Savage, Herman Cain when he subs in, Sean Hannity (as much of his juvenile behavior as I can stomach anyway, about ten minutes) even Monica Crowley. The fact that those two names don't register with me suggests that they don't have the audience that these other people I have mentioned do.

wasp69
09-07-2012, 12:59 PM
I listen to conservative talk radio quite a bit. That would include Todd Schnitt, Mark Levin, Hugh Hewitt, Rush Limbaugh, Michael Medved, Dennis Praeger, Michael Savage, Herman Cain when he subs in, Sean Hannity (as much of his juvenile behavior as I can stomach anyway, about ten minutes) even Monica Crowley. The fact that those two names don't register with me suggests that they don't have the audience that these other people I have mentioned do.

Nova, in this particular case, I was just yankin' yer chain a little bit.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_9ypE7dC4vlo/SO1vIiCNlYI/AAAAAAAACOA/fKqsgrv7dto/s400/2008-10-08_palin_wink.jpg

I know what you meant, and understood what you were saying in the original. You left that hanging out there and I couldn't resist knocking it over the fence.

Adam Wood
09-07-2012, 01:02 PM
I remember back when George Bush was a Nazi for using the free speech zones that Democrats invented in 1988.

Bailey
09-07-2012, 01:03 PM
We need to get a better class of liberal, nova is getting boring.

Odysseus
09-07-2012, 04:23 PM
FOX in general didn't have any problems with coverage, at least as far as television is concerned.

It's not censorship, though. Those denied entry are still free to bitch about it on their radio shows, if they were being censored, that would definitely not be allowed.

It's not censorship, just lying in order to inconvenience someone for not toeing the party line.

If the size of the audience was the issue, then the campaign should have thought about that before booking the air time. This was done for two reasons: First, the Democrats didn't want to have to deal with hostile questions, which is gutless on its face, but they also wanted to impose the maximum amount of inconvenience possible on the hosts. By booking the interviews and then backing out at the last minute, they forced the hosts to scramble for content to fill the dead time, which made them look unprofessional.

It's just another example of the left's version of the golden rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, unless they are teabagging lowlife rightwing racist misogynist vermin, in which case, screw em.

Hubie
09-07-2012, 07:33 PM

Yes. Because the world revolves around you and who you've personally heard of or not.

JB
09-07-2012, 07:54 PM
Perhaps that's why they had trouble getting guests.Did you read the OP or the article?

They had the guests lined up. The DNC pukes canceled them after they found out the guests were appearing with non-Demopukes.

Zathras
09-07-2012, 11:47 PM
We need to get a better class of liberal, nova is getting boring.

What do you mean getting? Nova's been boring since the first day he was here.