PDA

View Full Version : Our local Democrats' recent tweet about people who reject the "climate change" b.s.

Hubie
09-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Excellent question about how to stand strong behind #science esp. in terms of #ClimateChange in #education in the face of attacks by idiots

Classy.

JB
09-07-2012, 09:12 PM
It's OK to believe in climate change. Just don't believe it's man made. :cool:

Novaheart
09-07-2012, 09:22 PM
Classy.

Global Warming was carefully crafted for mass appeal. A surprising number of people have never questioned it, and since people they respect also do not question it (or consider it a means justified by the end) then they are not open for challenge. Most of those people believe that to "stop Global Warming" is synonymous with environmentalism, and there is enough crossover to convince them of this.

Frankly, if a professor from Berkeley told me the Sun was hot, I would want a second opinion.

Retread
09-07-2012, 10:32 PM

What he said^^^^^^^

SarasotaRepub
09-07-2012, 10:41 PM
Global Warming was carefully crafted for mass appeal. A surprising number of people have never questioned it, and since people they respect also do not question it (or consider it a means justified by the end) then they are not open for challenge. Most of those people believe that to "stop Global Warming" is synonymous with environmentalism, and there is enough crossover to convince them of this.

Frankly, if a professor from Berkeley told me the Sun was hot, I would want a second opinion.

And this fits in nicely with the meme that Conservatives hate science. I don't think anyone on this board has a problem with the facts behind changing global weather. Things happen in cycles. We do have a problem with mankind being the only source of this change and the doom & gloom predictions of global disaster if "we", meaning the ebil USA, doesn't "change". I guess the Eco/Planet nuts want us all to go back to the horse & buggy. Cripple the US, yep, that's fine. The rest of the world though can go right ahead as before cause even the Global Warming nuts know places like China would tell them to go fuck themselves. :rolleyes:

Hubie
09-08-2012, 12:09 AM

I absolutely believe in climate change. The climate changes all the time. It always has and always will. Last year, we had hardly any snow all winter. The year before there were tons of snow. How does either one fit in with the "global warming" b.s.? If it were true, you'd think we'd get more of one or the other, but we don't. The data purported to prove global warming has been proven to be both complete bunk (e.g. weather stations being affected by urban growth) as well as manipulated (i.e. "hide the decline").

Novaheart
09-08-2012, 09:16 AM
I absolutely believe in climate change. The climate changes all the time. It always has and always will. Last year, we had hardly any snow all winter. The year before there were tons of snow. How does either one fit in with the "global warming" b.s.? If it were true, you'd think we'd get more of one or the other, but we don't. The data purported to prove global warming has been proven to be both complete bunk (e.g. weather stations being affected by urban growth) as well as manipulated (i.e. "hide the decline").

One thing I do know is that whatever you have to deal with, the high priests of Global Warming have anticipated it and have an explanation for why it's proof of rather than evidence against Global Warming.

It's rather like arguing the absurdity of Christianity with the Catholic Church: they have had 1500 years to make up excuses (more or less plausible depending upon the willingness you have to believe) for why the gaping holes in the science and logic of the Bible aren't evidence of its humanity rather than its divinity.

txradioguy
09-08-2012, 09:38 AM
One thing I do know is that whatever you have to deal with, the high priests of Global Warming have anticipated it and have an explanation for why it's proof of rather than evidence against Global Warming.

It's rather like arguing the absurdity of Christianity with the Catholic Church: they have had 1500 years to make up excuses (more or less plausible depending upon the willingness you have to believe) for why the gaping holes in the science and logic of the Bible aren't evidence of its humanity rather than its divinity.

You know...you were actually starting to sound like a rational thinking human being with that post until you took your gratuitous and uncalled for...and quite frankly unneeded shot at religion.

You know it IS ok to make a point here relative to a topic without getting a cheap shot in on one of your pet peeves.

Rockntractor
09-08-2012, 09:42 AM

You have moments of lucidity followed by delusion, take your lithium.

Unreconstructed Reb
09-08-2012, 10:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14kNtnJgXXM

Novaheart
09-08-2012, 11:03 AM
You know...you were actually starting to sound like a rational thinking human being with that post until you took your gratuitous and uncalled for...and quite frankly unneeded shot at religion.

You know it IS ok to make a point here relative to a topic without getting a cheap shot in on one of your pet peeves.

Global Warming is a religion. It's a belief system with a myth at its center, and back and fill which includes some actual people and events to make it more plausible. But it's still a belief system, not a science system.

Novaheart
09-08-2012, 11:06 AM
You have moments of lucidity followed by delusion, take your lithium.

I'm not the one who believes in the magic sky creature who is somehow the source of all that is good without being responsible for all that is bad. If that sounds a bit like, "Lot's of snow is a sign of Global Warming" and "No snow is a sign of Global Warming" it's because it's the same kind of stuff.

wasp69
09-10-2012, 12:35 PM

You're a lapsed Catholic, aren't you?

m00
09-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Al Gore invented the internet. He thinks in binary. 4000 degrees in bin = 111110100000

Bailey
09-10-2012, 02:18 PM
You're a lapsed Catholic, aren't you?

or a episcopalian

JB
09-10-2012, 05:54 PM
they have had 1500 years to make up excuses...for why the gaping holes in the science and logic of the Bible aren't evidence of its humanity rather than its divinity.Such as?

Hubie
09-15-2012, 02:01 PM
I had a brief letter to the editor printed about this and the Democrats responded on their Twitter page with four tweets. Four of them! I responded to each of those tweets and the blocked me. Typical.

Their four tweets were:

(1) claiming that they were just repeating a question asked at an education forum (except they didn't use quotation marks)

(2) saying I'm entitled to my own opinion, but not my own facts (ironic)

(3) that "climate change" has been scientifically proven (it hasn't -- "consensus" is not scientific proof), just like evolution (again, it hasn't) and pi not being 3 (cute attempt to ridicule the Bible)

(4) citing two anything-but-neutral blogs favoring the belief in "climate change"/global warming

Elspeth
09-17-2012, 04:09 PM
I had a brief letter to the editor printed about this and the Democrats responded on their Twitter page with four tweets. Four of them! I responded to each of those tweets and the blocked me. Typical.

Their four tweets were:

(1) claiming that they were just repeating a question asked at an education forum (except they didn't use quotation marks)

(2) saying I'm entitled to my own opinion, but not my own facts (ironic)

(3) that "climate change" has been scientifically proven (it hasn't -- "consensus" is not scientific proof), just like evolution (again, it hasn't) and pi not being 3 (cute attempt to ridicule the Bible)

(4) citing two anything-but-neutral blogs favoring the belief in "climate change"/global warming

Hey Hubie,

Next time you should ask them about global cooling (http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012/05/31/sorry-global-warming-alarmists-the-earth-is-cooling/).

Hubie
09-17-2012, 11:46 PM
Hey Hubie,

Next time you should ask them about global cooling (http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012/05/31/sorry-global-warming-alarmists-the-earth-is-cooling/).

It's the '70s again? (The "consensus" in the '70s was that the Earth was cooling and possibly headed towards an ice age.)