PDA

View Full Version : These Polls Suck!

Rockntractor
09-09-2012, 11:23 PM
This has to change, we are getting to close to November.
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/polls.jpg

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

Retread
09-09-2012, 11:38 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/obama_index_graphics/september_2012/obama_approval_index_september_9_2012/788550-1-eng-US/obama_approval_index_september_9_2012.jpg

MountainMan
09-09-2012, 11:49 PM
This same time back in 1980, Carter was up in the polls from +4 to +8.......Just saying.

Retread
09-09-2012, 11:55 PM
The only poll that counts - is the Tuesday following the first Monday in November.

Rockntractor
09-09-2012, 11:58 PM
This same time back in 1980, Carter was up in the polls from +4 to +8.......Just saying.

We should be better off, this guy makes Carter look like a patriot.

LukeEDay
09-10-2012, 09:08 AM
I don't follow the polls. They are all fixed to make obama look like he is ahead. Just like 1980, the Dems are in for a big surprise on November 6th.

noonwitch
09-10-2012, 09:24 AM
As far as the Michigan polls are concerned: anyone who really thought Romney had a chance here has not looked closely at voter turnout in Detroit over the past 3 or 4 election cycles. Nor have they looked at the way in which the population of metro Grand Rapids/Kent County has gotten somewhat more liberal over the past decade or so. The influence of the Christian Reformed Church in city politics has subsided, and the population is more ethnically diverse than it used to be. The current mayor of Grand Rapids is a liberal democrat and ordained minister in the United Church of Christ.

Hoekstra ruined any chances he had of beating Stabenow for the Senate when he ran that racist ad during the 2012 Super Bowl, with the asian actress speaking pigeon english. He offended a lot of people with that one. In addition, the same people who put Debbie there will keep her there-a bloc of women, minorities, Dearborn arabs, farmers, and Oakland County voters.

As far as Romney in national polls-Obama got a clear convention bump, and he probably owes it mostly to Bill Clinton, although Michelle and Obama both gave good speeches also. If Romney can do well in the debates, he's not out of the race. If he continues to talk about things that he likes in Obamacare, he will lose support because he is not differentiating his proposed policies from those of Obama.

Rockntractor
09-10-2012, 10:32 AM
We have about five days to get these numbers up, we can spin these numbers all we want but the fact remains it is very RARE to win an election if you don't have the lead in mid September.

LukeEDay
09-10-2012, 10:47 AM
We have about five days to get these numbers up, we can spin these numbers all we want but the fact remains it is very RARE to win an election if you don't have the lead in mid September.

If that is the case, obama will be the first person since WWII to get re-elected with an unemployment rate over 7%. The man is full of firsts. And it amazes how there are so much stupid out here that listen to, and believe, him.

Novaheart
09-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Until these polling companies figure out that they are going to have to change their methods, perhaps even get off their collective asses and hit the streets for a random sample, then I see these polls as growing ever more insignificant.

You cannot get accurate results from telephone calls. We all have caller ID now, and no one I know answers "unknown caller" or "private caller" or blind numbers.

A large segment of the population no longer have landline phones in their homes.

A huge percentage of the population is sick to death of telemarketing calls for any reason be they commercial, charity, pseudo-charity, or political... and simply hangs up as soon as the other person asks for "Mister (surname mispronounced)".

Rockntractor
09-10-2012, 11:18 AM
If that is the case, obama will be the first person since WWII to get re-elected with an unemployment rate over 7%. The man is full of firsts. And it amazes how there are so much stupid out here that listen to, and believe, him.

They want the American dream, food stamps and free condoms.

LukeEDay
09-10-2012, 11:23 AM
They want the American dream, food stamps and free condoms.

Yep, they want the 400 richest people in the country to pay 97% of the taxes.

Molon Labe
09-10-2012, 01:05 PM
someone needs to find results for VA. That's where the big upset happened in 08'. If Romney can't win VA, then he might as well forget about the battleground states.

Bailey
09-10-2012, 01:53 PM
How the heck is obama winning in the pols? This guys should be 20 points below romney. Are people just sheep or something?

Starbuck
09-10-2012, 02:21 PM
I find myself wondering if the unemployment numbers won't actually work in favor of Obama.

After all, the people on assistance can not be counted on to vote for someone they believe will end their assistance program.

In that way, I don't think the unemployment numbers are all that big a deal.

Rockntractor
09-10-2012, 02:30 PM
I find myself wondering if the unemployment numbers won't actually work in favor of Obama.

After all, the people on assistance can not be counted on to vote for someone they believe will end their assistance program.

In that way, I don't think the unemployment numbers are all that big a deal.

That could be correct, at any rate we have a problem, I wouldn't count on these polls being wrong because there are too many with the same result.
Time for someone to pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Adam Wood
09-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Well, first of all, throw out any polling by PPP or anyone associated with them. They are just a Democrat push-polling firm and they never get it right (on purpose; they're an astroturfing organization).

Secondly, New Mexico is and always was going to Obama, so that should surprise no one. Their 5 EVs were going to Obama this time around before 2008 was even over.

Third, Gallup's numbers are taken from registered voters (as opposed to likely voters) and taken on a weekend. That almost always skews at least 3 points into the D column and regardless is not a valid sample.

Now, the Rasmussen poll is a good sample of likely voters (1500), but it's still over a weekend and there's still a convention bounce as a factor. Convention bounces always disappear after a week or less. This will be gone in a week's time.

At the end of the day, this one will be all about turnout. Turnout, turnout, turnout. And what needs to happen is a landslide of turnout for Romney to counter the union thugs and the dead vote and the folks voting for Obama because he's Black. Best thing anyone can do starting right now to ensure Obama is kicked out of office is to start working the phones and volunteer to drive people to the polls. Get every soul you can out to the polls to vote against Obama and we've got a fighting chance.

Rockntractor
09-10-2012, 05:10 PM
If anyone has any conservative friends that are not registered to vote, help them get registered, if you have liberal friends buy them strong alcohol the day before the election.

JB
09-10-2012, 06:15 PM
...this one will be all about turnout. Turnout, turnout, turnout. And what needs to happen is a landslide of turnout for Romney...Best thing anyone can do starting right now to ensure Obama is kicked out of office is to start working the phones and volunteer to drive people to the polls. Get every soul you can out to the polls to vote against Obama and we've got a fighting chance.I really can't stress that turnout thing enough. We also need the "Obama Republicans". Those Rs that decided to try something different in 2008.

I've said it before, if 10,000 people asked me "how can I help", I could find something for everyone of them to do in three seconds.

NJCardFan
09-10-2012, 10:32 PM
As has been said, if Obama wins, this country deserves everything it gets.

Rockntractor
09-10-2012, 10:50 PM
As has been said, if Obama wins, this country deserves everything it gets.

You couldn't be more correct, it could not be more obvious the character or intentions of this man. People will be voting him in because they are bought and have no more character than the man they are selecting, Obama is a symptom of our disease and not necessarily the cause.
Let's pray we haven't gone this far.

SaintLouieWoman
09-10-2012, 11:01 PM
How the heck is obama winning in the pols? This guys should be 20 points below romney. Are people just sheep or something?
Sheep, stupid, and wanting a handout. If Obama wins, it's shameful for our country.

Rockntractor
09-10-2012, 11:01 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/polls-1.jpg

LukeEDay
09-11-2012, 08:36 AM
The polls are all fixed. There is no way that obama is ahead like that.

Rockntractor
09-12-2012, 01:05 AM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/polls-2.jpg

LukeEDay
09-12-2012, 08:45 AM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/polls-2.jpg

karl Rove said on Hannity last night that the polls are deeply skewed to poll more democrats than Republicans. He said the only one that makes sense is the ABC News/Washington Post poll. The rest are fixed.

He showed a chart and the ABC News/Washington Post poll had asked 36% independents, and the rest only asked 4%. What does that tell you?

Also, Romney is now 11 points ahead of obama among independents. There was no post DNC bounce. And this thing with Egypt and Libya will make obama drop lower.

This is just like 1980 all over again. I hope the final results are the same.

NJCardFan
09-12-2012, 05:24 PM
karl Rove said on Hannity last night that the polls are deeply skewed to poll more democrats than Republicans. He said the only one that makes sense is the ABC News/Washington Post poll. The rest are fixed.

He showed a chart and the ABC News/Washington Post poll had asked 36% independents, and the rest only asked 4%. What does that tell you?

Also, Romney is now 11 points ahead of obama among independents. There was no post DNC bounce. And this thing with Egypt and Libya will make obama drop lower.

This is just like 1980 all over again. I hope the final results are the same.

How do you explain Rasmussen? That is a right leaning poll. That said, I've got to believe that this Libya/Egypt thing has got to hurt Obama. If it doesn't then Romney might as well give up.

Starbuck
09-12-2012, 05:51 PM
How do you explain Rasmussen? That is a right leaning poll. That said, I've got to believe that this Libya/Egypt thing has got to hurt Obama. If it doesn't then Romney might as well give up.

When Obama addressed the Libya disaster he was squinting into the sun and not really saying much. Same sort of blather about this being a "deplorable and unacceptable" situation, or some such rot.

Romney and his people were smarter. The put him in front of two American flags, behind a podium, looking and sounding like a President calling for clear direction and action.
I am hopeful.:smile-new:

Hawkgirl
09-12-2012, 07:09 PM
If Obama is re-elected, I will only blame other Republicans who didn't get out and vote. \

If there is enough of a registered Republican voter turnout, there is no possible way that he can win.

Add in all those millions of unemployed people out there who do not have to report to work and I just can't see how he could win again. If you are a victim of the Obama economy, I can't see you pulling the lever for him unless you are a hardcore liberal, which means we weren't going to get your vote regardless.

SaintLouieWoman
09-12-2012, 08:07 PM
If Obama is re-elected, I will only blame other Republicans who didn't get out and vote. \

If there is enough of a registered Republican voter turnout, there is no possible way that he can win.

Add in all those millions of unemployed people out there who do not have to report to work and I just can't see how he could win again. If you are a victim of the Obama economy, I can't see you pulling the lever for him unless you are a hardcore liberal, which means we weren't going to get your vote regardless.

If all the people complaining that Romney isn't conservative enough stay home, Obama will win. With everything that has happened in the last few days and the despicable actions of the press, I'm hoping that people will reconsider their position. This world is too dangerous for Obama to remain as President. Romney acted courageously. I trust him more in the handling of a crisis than I trust Obama (have zero trust in zero),.