PDA

View Full Version : EPIC WIN!!! Fox News bitchslaps Michael Stipe and R.E.M.

Hubie
09-10-2012, 03:32 AM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/earshot/rem-demands-fox-news-stop-losing-my-religion-368710

"R.E.M.'s 'Losing My Religion' was used in the Fox News coverage of the Democratic National Convention last night," the group wrote in a note posted to its website. "R.E.M. today, through its music publisher, Warner-Tamerlane Music, demanded that Fox News cease and desist from continuing its unlicensed and unauthorized use of the song."

Added Stipe, "We have little or no respect for their puff adder brand of reportage. Our music does not belong there."

Later, a Fox News Spokesperson responded to the band with a statement, saying, "FOX News Channel’s use of an R.E.M. song during Thursday’s edition of Fox & Friends was in full accordance with its license agreements with all appropriate parties. Nevertheless, we’re always flattered to have this much attention for a song selection and we hope R.E.M. was able to satisfy their publicity fix."

:woot: :applause:

Wayne
09-10-2012, 07:16 AM
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff84/wayne66_01/animated/big.gif

SarasotaRepub
09-10-2012, 09:20 AM
HA!!!!!

Gina
09-10-2012, 10:51 AM
http://www.made-in-england.org/images/ronald-bitch-slaps.jpg

LukeEDay
09-10-2012, 11:10 AM
I am a REM fan and I have to say that that was great! Way to go Fox News. I am glad to see that they aren't taking any crap from anyone.

I wonder what Greg Gutfeld said about it? Him slapping Maroon 5 around was epic ...

Hubie
09-10-2012, 08:33 PM
From what I've read, it sounds like "Losing My Religion" is one of the songs R.E.M. put out there for just about anyone to freely use.

newshutr
09-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Yeah..once your song enters the ASCAP/BMI license realm and someone pays to use that catalog, well, they're SOL demanding it stop. Unless R.E.M. wants to PAY Fox News NOT to play it..

Novaheart
09-11-2012, 11:14 AM
For the most part, when conservative shows use popular music to convey a message other than the artist intended, it's nothing short of vandalism.

Hubie
09-11-2012, 11:37 AM
For the most part, when conservative shows use popular music to convey a message other than the artist intended, it's nothing short of vandalism.

http://imagehaul.com/thehauls/c8f587309cf7bd27c204f152bc7de157.jpg

wasp69
09-11-2012, 04:30 PM

You mean like throwing a crucifix in a cup of piss and calling it art?

LukeEDay
09-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post

Like when CNN played 'Stupid Girl' before a segment about Sara Palin, or When Jimmy Fallon played 'Lyin' Ass Bitch' when Michelle Backmann was on. Where is the outrage with that? Oh wait, these are conservative women, so they are a free for all to be used as a punching bag. *roll eyes*

Hubie
09-11-2012, 10:57 PM
Like when CNN played 'Stupid Girl' before a segment about Sara Palin, or When Jimmy Fallon played 'Lyin' Ass Bitch' when Michelle Backmann was on. Where is the outrage with that? Oh wait, these are conservative women, so they are a free for all to be used as a punching bag. *roll eyes*

Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder if we should be feeling ashamed for bitchslapping Nova so hard so often. It's really not that fair to him.

Nah! I'm kidding! Bitchslap away! :evil-grin: :biggrin-new:

wasp69
09-12-2012, 02:39 PM

Dude, nova is queer, he doesn't like women.

Novaheart
09-12-2012, 04:11 PM
You mean like throwing a crucifix in a cup of piss and calling it art?

As fas as I know, Andres Serrano owned the crucifix, the jar, the urine, the camera, and the paper the photo was printed on. The result was actually quite ethereal. Using it to sell Depends would be vandalism.

wasp69
09-12-2012, 04:23 PM
As fas as I know, Andres Serrano owned the crucifix, the jar, the urine, the camera, and the paper the photo was printed on.

And FOX had the rights to play that song any way they saw fit. You invalidated your entire argument by applying the standard of "well, he owned the stuff". Good job.

The result was actually quite ethereal.

You are a lapsed Catholic.

Using it to sell Depends would be vandalism.

Okay, that's friggin' funny, I don't care who you are.

LukeEDay
09-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Dude, nova is queer, he doesn't like women.

What is his DUmp username?

Novaheart
09-12-2012, 07:55 PM
What is his DUmp username?

I am banned from DU, twice now.

Hubie
09-12-2012, 10:34 PM

Given your behavior here, that's completely understandable.

Novaheart
09-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Given your behavior here, that's completely understandable.

Everyone seems averse to objectivity.

Zathras
09-12-2012, 11:17 PM
Everyone seems averse to objectivity.

When you provide some, let us know...I've yet to see any objectivity from you on CU, just opinionated garbage.

wasp69
09-13-2012, 10:16 AM

Did you get caught up in $kinner's big gay purge?