PDA

View Full Version : Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are WACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hubie
09-12-2012, 11:16 AM
http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/principal-sees-racism-in-peanut-butter.html

An Oregon grade school principal suggested in a newspaper interview that peanut butter and jelly sandwiches might be racially and culturally offensive.

“What about Somali or Hispanic students who might not eat sandwiches?” Verenice Gutierrez told the Portland Tribune.

Gutierrez, principal of Harvey Scott K-8 School, was being interviewed about the school district’s equity training program designed to narrow the achievement gap. The newspaper said she “picks up on the subtle language of racism every day” and used the peanut butter sandwich to illustrate her point.

“Another way would be to say: ‘Americans eat peanut butter and jelly, do you have anything like that?’ let them tell you,” she told the newspaper. “Maybe they eat torta. Or pita.”

Yep, PB&J is racist, but portraying non-white students as all eating tortas and pitas, that's not racist at all. Nope.

Moron.

We should get people to protest by sending this video to her email en masse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8MDNFaGfT4

FlaGator
09-12-2012, 11:34 AM
This is just another case of someone going out of their way to find racism in some mundane act.

And not doing a very good job of it at that.

noonwitch
09-12-2012, 11:51 AM
I prefer pb and honey. Mmm.

You can put pbj or pbh on pita bread, to meet some imaginary diversity criteria. It defeats the purpose of pita bread, though, which was made to be stuffed with veggies, cheese and/or meat. Or dipped in garlic or hummus.

txradioguy
09-12-2012, 03:17 PM
“What about Somali or Hispanic students, who might not eat sandwiches?” says Gutierrez, principal at Harvey Scott K-8 School, a diverse school of 500 students in Northeast Portland’s Cully neighborhood.

Lady I've been to Somalia twice...grew up in West Texas where there is a heavy Hispanic population...THEY ALL EAT SANDWICHES!!!

Hubie
09-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Lady I've been to Somalia twice...grew up in West Texas where there is a heavy Hispanic population...THEY ALL EAT SANDWICHES!!!

It's pretty obvious who the true racist is, isn't it?

txradioguy
09-13-2012, 04:31 AM
It's pretty obvious who the true racist is, isn't it?

It seems to be obvious to everyone but them.

Jim54
09-14-2012, 12:07 PM
Therefore, I must be a racist.:rolleyes:

Molon Labe
09-14-2012, 03:30 PM
So how is it that a Mexican refering to eating a Tortilla is not racist to someone who might not eat toritillas?

Zeus
09-14-2012, 03:49 PM
So how is it that a Mexican refering to eating a Tortilla is not racist to someone who might not eat toritillas?

Homemade tortilla with butter & honey hmmm good stuff.

marv
09-14-2012, 04:09 PM
Hmmm, maybe Gutierrez doesn't know what a taco is.

NJCardFan
09-18-2012, 10:12 PM
Just a thought. This moonbat thinks PP&J is racist. Um, correct em if I'm wrong but didn't a black man invent peanut butter?

Hubie
09-18-2012, 10:46 PM
Just a thought. This moonbat thinks PP&J is racist. Um, correct em if I'm wrong but didn't a black man invent peanut butter?

Unfortunately, that's a popular myth. Peanut butter-like foods were made independently in various cultures over the centuries. The first U.S. patent for peanut butter was given to a Québécois.