PDA

View Full Version : AARP just called me about my state's proposed voter ID amendment

Hubie
09-12-2012, 11:19 AM
They left a message saying that they want me to vote "no." Should I call them back and tell them to get bent? Oooh! Better yet -- should I call them back and ask if I can join without having to provide proof of my identity/age?

Odysseus
09-12-2012, 11:59 AM
They left a message saying that they want me to vote "no." Should I call them back and tell them to get bent? Oooh! Better yet -- should I call them back and ask if I can join without having to provide proof of my identity/age?

Do both. I called them a couple of weeks ago to get off of their solicitation list, and made it a point to tell them that their partisan support for the Democrats was the reason that I wanted nothing to do with them. They need to hear how many members they lose by being leftists, and the rest of their prospective members need to know that they are shills for the DNC.

SaintLouieWoman
09-12-2012, 08:11 PM
I hate how they're being used in Obama's ads, saying that the Republicans will hurt old people.

It's sad, I don't have the pleasure of giving them the message delivered by Odysseus. I already did it years ago---and never hear from them again. :biggrin-new:

Whenever I hear of anyone considering getting their insurance, I go into my anti-AARP song and dance. I despise that self-serving group.

Hubie
09-13-2012, 12:58 AM
I must be getting old. I just realized the probable reason why we got a call from AARP despite being nowhere hear retirement age. The call was probably meant for the older couple who previously had our phone number. We've gotten a lot of calls meant for them since getting it.

Hubie
09-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Hilarious! I emailed AARP asking about membership:

Am I able to join AARP without having to provide proof of my identity or age?

Here's their response:

Thank you for your interest in joining AARP. It is my pleasure to
inform you of the great benefits AARP has to offer and what your
membership will include. Unfortunately you are unable to join AARP
membership without providing information and your age because members
must be 50 or older to join AARP.

I laughed and laughed and laughed. I'm still laughing!

noonwitch
09-21-2012, 08:47 AM
Trust me Hubie, they already know when you will be 50, and you will start receiving mail from them when that birthday gets close.

I'm expecting it soon, since I'm going to be 48 next month. They started sending my mom and dad membership info around their 49th birthdays.