PDA

View Full Version : American Muslims denouncing attacks on the embassies?

CactusCarlos
09-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Anyone heard anything or have a link to a news article showing American Muslims denouncing attacks on the embassies?

LukeEDay
09-13-2012, 08:36 PM
Anyone heard anything or have a link to a news article showing American Muslims denouncing attacks on the embassies?

I have a cousin who lives in Chicago and is married to a muslim. She is a buddhist, go figure? Anyway, I was going to ask her what her husband thought about it, but I figured that I better just keep my mouth shut.

Hawkgirl
09-13-2012, 08:42 PM
I was in shock, UNTIL I realized the thread header was a question.:rolleyes:

JB
09-13-2012, 08:51 PM
(WASHINGTON, D.C., 9/12/12) -- The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) today condemned the "disgraceful" killings of American diplomats in Libya and said that extremists must not be allowed to control the political and religious discourse worldwide. Of course that's only their public response. And I would substitute the word muslims for extremists in that sentence. But that's just me.

Egypt had a public response that also condemned the attacks. Then they had an Arabic response that was basically "woo-hoo" (paraphrased).

Rockntractor
09-13-2012, 10:15 PM
Obama denounced them so that is one, I don't know how sincere he was though.

noonwitch
09-14-2012, 08:53 AM
There was a Muslim protest in support of the US in Royal Oak on Wednesday or
Thursday.

Although I'm not sure if I would consider it a protest, it's more of a rally. The media uses poor wording at times. They are not protesting US policy, they are demonstrating their support for it.

Gina
09-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Keith Ellison D-Muslim/MN was on O'Reilly last night. He fought to the bitter end that Obama was doing ok and it wasn't as bad as our lying eyes say it is.
Transcript:
Rep. Ellison: 'Troublemakers' don't represent Libyans (http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/oreilly/2012/09/14/rep-ellison-troublemakers-dont-represent-libyans)

FlaGator
09-14-2012, 11:52 AM

I'm waiting for Obama to apologize for the video that set this whole thing off. I wonder if he'll bow after apologizing?

LukeEDay
09-14-2012, 03:06 PM

He is pandering again.

Hawkgirl
09-14-2012, 08:42 PM
I'm waiting for Obama to apologize for the video that set this whole thing off. I wonder if he'll bow after apologizing?

http://i47.tinypic.com/15krh3.jpg

Adam Wood
09-14-2012, 09:06 PM
Anyone heard anything or have a link to a news article showing American Muslims denouncing attacks on the embassies?No link, but someone in some position of authority at the Murfreesboro Islamic Center that caused such a stink was out denouncing the violence immediately, to his credit.