PDA

View Full Version : Sudan rejects US request to send Marines to secure embassy

RobJohnson
09-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Sudan has rejected an offer by the United States to send Marines to increase security at the U.S. embassy in Khartoum, where violent protesters have clashed with police.

The announcement Saturday follows earlier reports that the United States wanted to send the Marines to bolster security at the embassy amid heavy protests and demonstrations, according to Reuters.

“Sudan is able to protect the diplomatic missions in Khartoum and the state is committed to protecting its guests in the diplomatic corps,'' Foreign Minister Ali Ahmed Karti told the state news agency SUNA, which Reuters reported

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/15/sudan-rejects-us-request-to-send-marines-to-secure-embassy/#ixzz26ZLvn2la

http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/Politics/660/371/Sudan_clash.jpg

Hawkgirl
09-15-2012, 05:17 PM
Wow, does Sudan also get american taxpayer money? Let's see how competent they are...I'd feel more comfortable if our Marines were there, as long as they are allowed to have bullets in their guns.:rolleyes:

RobJohnson
09-15-2012, 07:34 PM
I don't understand how Sudan is able to make the call if we are there are not.

What if they fail?

Odysseus
09-15-2012, 10:36 PM
Okay, let me make sure that I understand this... Sudan, a country run by Islamist thugs, whose president is under indictment for genocide at the international court at the Hague, a country has restored chattel slavery, that country, is denying us the right to protect our sovereign territory, our embassy, with our own marines...? On what grounds, that they might just prevent a jihadi bloodbath?

Time to close that embassy and withdraw our staff.

NJCardFan
09-15-2012, 11:05 PM
Okay, let me make sure that I understand this... Sudan, a country run by Islamist thugs, whose president is under indictment for genocide at the international court at the Hague, a country has restored chattel slavery, that country, is denying us the right to protect our sovereign territory, our embassy, with our own marines...? On what grounds, that they might just prevent a jihadi bloodbath?

Time to close that embassy and withdraw our staff.

Obama doesn't have the balls to do this.

Gina
09-15-2012, 11:06 PM
The staff there is nutty if they don't get out of there.

txradioguy
09-16-2012, 05:46 AM
Why are we even asking permission...errr...offering to send Marines?

Why are we telling the Sudanese we ARE sending Marines to guar OUR embassy and they can either clear the road when we arrive so they can get there as fast as possible...or die as me clear our own path?

Since when does the President of the U.S. ask permission from 3rd world shit hole to protect our own people/property?

SarasotaRepub
09-16-2012, 09:31 AM

Why are we telling the Sudanese we ARE sending Marines to guar OUR embassy and they can either clear the road when we arrive so they can get there as fast as possible...or die as me clear our own path?

Since when does the President of the U.S. ask permission from 3rd world shit hole to protect our own people/property?

Now, now...we must be "fair" to them. And if anything bad does happen, it's Bu$hCo's fault. :rolleyes:

Zathras
09-16-2012, 10:13 AM

01/20/09.

AmPat
09-16-2012, 10:56 AM
Sudan rejects US request to send Marines to secure embassy
This just in:

President Romney ceases all aid to Sudan effective immediately. Ships loaded woith food are turned around and aid money directed to our National Debt.

Starbuck
09-16-2012, 08:58 PM

Well, not really. If a bunch of hysterical skin heads attacked the Sudanese embassy and killed the ambassador we still wouldn't let the Sudanese Army guard it with loaded guns. It's up to us to provide security for them and them to provide security for us.

We are surprised that Muslims did not hold up their end of the bargain? A bargain it was, and stupid they are:

As of 2010 the current allocation of U.S. foreign aid from USAID to Sudan is $420,349,319.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_aid_to_Sudan

Rockntractor
09-16-2012, 09:29 PM
The staff there is nutty if they don't get out of there.

The staff there is probably hand picked by the Obama administration.

noonwitch
09-18-2012, 03:04 PM
I'm surprised we have an embassy there. Sudan has been messed up for a long time.

Darfur was in the Sudan. I guess if the slaughter inflicted upon the people of that area by the leaders of Sudan over the past decade or more wasn't enough to close the embassy, nothing is.