PDA

View Full Version : Controversial private fund-raiser video shows candid Romney

SarasotaRepub
09-18-2012, 08:14 AM
I just keep shaking my head at Romney... (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/09/17/controversial-private-fund-raiser-video-shows-candid-romney/)

Posted by
CNN Political Unit

(CNN) – Mitt Romney on Monday said his controversial statements caught on tape were "off the cuff" and "not elegantly stated," but he defended the main message of his remarks.

In the footage, taped with a hidden camera, Romney argued nearly half of Americans will vote for President Barack Obama because they rely on government support, made apparent jokes about wishing he had Latino heritage, and talks about a Chinese factory his former firm purchased.

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what," Romney says in one clip. "There are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent on government, who believe that, that they are victims, who believe that government has the responsibility to care for them. Who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing."

Can he figure out another way to stick his foot in his mouth???

Bailey
09-18-2012, 08:23 AM
I just keep shaking my head at Romney... (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/09/17/controversial-private-fund-raiser-video-shows-candid-romney/)

Wow telling the truth is considered putting ones foot in ones mouth?

linda22003
09-18-2012, 08:28 AM
He puts his foot in his mouth when he says that everyone receiving "entitlements" has a "victim" mentality - like my slacker of a father, 91 years old, who fought in World War II, had a successful career until his retirement - but who now receives Social Security and pays taxes on capital gains rather than income. (Hmmm, sounds familiar, somehow....) And who thinks voting for Romney would be like voting for Thurston Howell III. It doesn't help that Romney is ACTING like Thurston Howell III.

noonwitch
09-18-2012, 08:42 AM
For what it's worth, the mainstream media is now calling him "Thurston Howell III".

Bailey
09-18-2012, 09:01 AM
He puts his foot in his mouth when he says that everyone receiving "entitlements" has a "victim" mentality - like my slacker of a father, 91 years old, who fought in World War II, had a successful career until his retirement - but who now receives Social Security and pays taxes on capital gains rather than income. (Hmmm, sounds familiar, somehow....) And who thinks voting for Romney would be like voting for Thurston Howell III. It doesn't help that Romney is ACTING like Thurston Howell III.

Well maybe Romney has to adjust what he said to just people who are getting welfare type enlistments, but isn't your dad getting a lot more money back from SS then he ever put in? Lets not make him out to be totally non-dependent. I know he doesn't sound like a slacker but please withhold the self righteousness to a bare minimum.

Rockntractor
09-18-2012, 09:01 AM
We are going to fixate on Romney stating the obvious while Obama's foreign policy and basically every accomplishment he has had is blowing up in his face.

linda22003
09-18-2012, 09:02 AM
For what it's worth, the mainstream media is now calling him "Thurston Howell III".

LOL! Wow.

Bailey
09-18-2012, 09:05 AM
He could have said it better but he is totally right, most who would vote for Obama have the "hand out" syndrome. What I don't get is why does this gaff get traction but all the ones Obama said in 08 didn't get much of a mention in the MSM? Case in point, the bitter clinger speech, their energy bills will skyrocket under my green energy plant and "the spread it around talk with joe the plumber"

linda22003
09-18-2012, 09:05 AM
Well maybe Romney has to adjust what he said to just people who are getting welfare type enlistments, but isn't your dad getting a lot more money back from SS then he ever put in? Lets not make him out to be totally non-dependent. I know he doesn't sound like a slacker but please withhold the self righteousness to a bare minimum.

He probably is, and he could probably live just fine without it. Remember, SS was intended to be part of a "three legged stool" - Social Security, pensions, and personal savings. He is of the last generation to be well covered by pensions, and he was always excellent at personal savings (he always bought cars and houses for cash, and taught me not to have debt!). That three legged stool is now a TWO legged stool, and we have to do the best we can to make up the third "leg", which I think most people are not doing or not able to do. Social Security was sold as something that was not means tested; EVERYONE pays in and EVERYONE gets something out. It was great while it lasted. :)

Bailey
09-18-2012, 09:10 AM
He probably is, and he could probably live just fine without it. Remember, SS was intended to be part of a "three legged stool" - Social Security, pensions, and personal savings. He is of the last generation to be well covered by pensions, and he was always excellent at personal savings (he always bought cars and houses for cash, and taught me not to have debt!). That three legged stool is now a TWO legged stool, and we have to do the best we can to make up the third "leg", which I think most people are not doing or not able to do. Social Security was sold as something that was not means tested; EVERYONE pays in and EVERYONE gets something out. It was great while it lasted. :)

Well some got more then others. :)

linda22003
09-18-2012, 09:20 AM
That's just an actuarial luck of the draw. My father may be 91, but he's the first man in his family to live past his 60s, since drugs for hypertension were not available earlier (the women in my family don't get heart attacks, they GIVE them. ;) ) His father paid into SS from its inception in 1935 until his death in 1958 - at 63, two years BEFORE retirement age - so it evens out.

Adam Wood
09-18-2012, 09:34 AM
He puts his foot in his mouth when he says that everyone receiving "entitlements" has a "victim" mentality - like my slacker of a father, 91 years old, who fought in World War II, had a successful career until his retirement - but who now receives Social Security and pays taxes on capital gains rather than income. (Hmmm, sounds familiar, somehow....) And who thinks voting for Romney would be like voting for Thurston Howell III. It doesn't help that Romney is ACTING like Thurston Howell III.*sigh*

The tired old "evil conservatives want to take Social Security away from old people" canard? Really? You couldn't come up with something more original than that? Good grief.

I defy you to point to the conservative out there who thinks that your father is getting an "entitlement" from Social Security into which he paid (I'm assuming) for forty-odd years. Plenty of conservatives (pretty much all of them, actually) recognize that Social Security is a Ponzi scheme, but that does not mean that they want to dump your father into the gutter, no matter how desperately you need some bogeyman.

For what it's worth, the mainstream media is now calling him "Thurston Howell III".Remember, everyone: there's no media bias!

Gina
09-18-2012, 09:39 AM
Just a pet peeve but wouldn't Romney be Thurston Howell IV?

People are living a LOT longer than they were when SS's inception and we've made little effort to fix the funding accordingly.

Romney didn't say anything false.

SarasotaRepub
09-18-2012, 09:40 AM

No...and even Romney has come out and said he could have framed it better. My point is he can't afford these constant mistakes. If oBAMA said this the press would have ignored it or maybe mentioned it a little since FOX would have jumped on it.

With Romney it's just more free ammo for the Dems and it will distract from other issues like the Muzzies which oBAMA wants forgotten ASAP.

Hubie
09-18-2012, 10:10 AM

Given that Thurston Howell III was married for years to the only woman he ever loved and deep down underneath his capitalist pigdog exterior had a heart of gold that truly cared for people, they might want to rethink that comparison if their goal is to smear Romney.

linda22003
09-18-2012, 10:20 AM
I'm not sure Ann Romney would consider being compared to "Lovey" a compliment. SR is right - Romney can't keep coming off the way he is and expect to win. Does Obama objectively deserve a second term? No, he does not. So why hand him one, gift wrapped?

linda22003
09-18-2012, 10:27 AM
*sigh*

The tired old "evil conservatives want to take Social Security away from old people" canard? Really? You couldn't come up with something more original than that? Good grief.

I am sorry, if not at all surprised, that you missed my point. I'm not worried in the slightest about Dad losing Social Security. The point was that there are a lot of people like him that Romney has characterized as "entitled to a handout", "victims", "not willing to take personal responsibility for their lives." Great message.

FlaGator
09-18-2012, 10:36 AM

I don't think that is what he meant at all. I perceived his comment as aimed at those who have opted to make government assistance a cradle to grave form of subsistence. I don't think that he was talking about your 91 year old father any more than he was talking about my recently deceased 88 year old dad.

FlaGator
09-18-2012, 10:40 AM
I am sorry, if not at all surprised, that you missed my point. I'm not worried in the slightest about Dad losing Social Security. The point was that there are a lot of people like him that Romney has characterized as "entitled to a handout", "victims", "not willing to take personal responsibility for their lives." Great message.

What his said is true. There are a lot of peopleout there who will not take personal responsibility for their lives. I work directly with some charities that help those in need and we see both those who need it to get by and those who use it to avoid getting a job and doing something useful. In fact their 'victim' mentality has led them to make getting free assistance their job and they are pretty adept at milking the system.

Adam Wood
09-18-2012, 10:43 AM
I am sorry, if not at all surprised, that you missed my point. I'm not worried in the slightest about Dad losing Social Security. The point was that there are a lot of people like him that Romney has characterized as "entitled to a handout", "victims", "not willing to take personal responsibility for their lives." Great message.Bullshit. He said no such thing. You cannot provide a quote to back up this absurd claim.

noonwitch
09-18-2012, 11:07 AM
Given that Thurston Howell III was married for years to the only woman he ever loved and deep down underneath his capitalist pigdog exterior had a heart of gold that truly cared for people, they might want to rethink that comparison if their goal is to smear Romney.

I always thought there was something going on between Mr. Howell and Ginger.

Bailey
09-18-2012, 11:23 AM
I know its all about "winning" and kissing the ass of the sheeple, but I am glad there is a candidate that stood up to most moochers and said, "I don't need you". Its quite refreshing.

NJCardFan
09-18-2012, 12:02 PM

What did he say that was wrong? He's 100% spot on that the 47% who pay no taxes see themselves as victims of the upper class and cling to zero because he will "spread the wealth". Say what you want but Mitt is 100% right on this. Also, last night in a presser he said that even though he could have framed it better, he would like the person who posted the video to have the guts to post the whole thing including the question because only seeing how Romney answered the question makes it easy to take it out of context. What he said, and rightly so, is that there is Obama's 47% who will back him no matter what and these are the people he was referring to. The ones who pay no taxes won't vote for Romney no matter what. And he's right.

Rockntractor
09-18-2012, 12:08 PM
What did he say that was wrong? He's 100% spot on that the 47% who pay no taxes see themselves as victims of the upper class and cling to zero because he will "spread the wealth". Say what you want but Mitt is 100% right on this.

The only place where he was wrong was to call a press conference to explain or apologize for his comments, everything he said is true so no explanation or apology was needed.

Bailey
09-18-2012, 12:16 PM
DU is worked up in froth over this lol.

Hawkgirl
09-18-2012, 12:27 PM
I know its all about "winning" and kissing the ass of the sheeple, but I am glad there is a candidate that stood up to most moochers and said, "I don't need you". Its quite refreshing.

Not even that. He KNOWS he's not going to get the generational welfare families or the chronically unemployed. His statement, while poorly delivered, was speaking to those of us who do work and support these people. Linda saying that he was talking about the disabled or elderly is stupid as most people with a brain know exactly who he is referring to.

Bailey
09-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Not even that. He KNOWS he's not going to get the generational welfare families or the chronically unemployed. His statement, while poorly delivered, was speaking to those of us who do work and support these people. Linda saying that he was talking about the disabled or elderly is stupid as most people with a brain know exactly who he is referring to.

Well she is the beltway broad and is so inured in the lifestyle of all things DC so she doesn't see the forest for the tree's

linda22003
09-18-2012, 01:08 PM
Well she is the beltway broad and is so inured in the lifestyle of all things DC so she doesn't see the forest for the tree's

At least I know the basics, like not to put an apostrophe on a simple plural. That's part of the reason I'm part of the 53%! Literacy, it's a wonderful thing.

SaintLouieWoman
09-18-2012, 01:14 PM
DU is worked up in froth over this lol.
Too bad that they aren't worked up in a froth about the economy and the printing of money, causing the price of gas and food to go up while the earnings go down, or the debacle of the foreign policy (or what's masquerading as a foreign policy) in the Middle East.

The only debate SR and I have is over the value of wasting a minute on reading DU. I know that they're outrageous and don't need to waste my time reading their drivel to confirm my opinion of them.

linda22003
09-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Bullshit. He said no such thing. You cannot provide a quote to back up this absurd claim.

You're aware there's a video, right?

Starbuck
09-18-2012, 01:15 PM
It never occurred to me that Romney may be talking about me, who receives Social Security. So I was not offended.

In fact, I agree with him.

And I'll vote for him.

New signature.

DumbAss Tanker
09-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Actually what he did that was wrong was to shit on any Conservative who isn't middle class or higher, that 47% includes a lot of Social Conservatives (Who, granted, Mitt and the GOP establishment regard as an embarrassing nuisance whose votes they should realize they need). That 47% isn't all on welfare, it's just people who don't earn enough to pay net income tax, even though they may pay a lot of FICA (Social Security) taxes. Yeah, they may be a minority of that 47%, but he's going to need every vote he can get, and it was stupid to lump them in with the welfare queens just because they aren't earning middle class incomes.

Rockntractor
09-18-2012, 01:22 PM
At least I know the basics, like not to put an apostrophe on a simple plural. That's part of the reason I'm part of the 53%! Literacy, it's a wonderful thing.

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/valley_girl-1.gif

Adam Wood
09-18-2012, 02:21 PM
You're aware there's a video, right?I am. That is why I know that you can't actually back up the bullshit that you have made up out of whole cloth.

txradioguy
09-18-2012, 02:27 PM

SR he's telling the truth. Bout damn time a politician on our side actually said what the rest of us already know.

I'm glad he said it.

Rockntractor
09-18-2012, 03:04 PM
SR he's telling the truth. Bout damn time a politician on our side actually said what the rest of us already know.

I'm glad he said it.

He said it but than more or less apologized for it, that is where the fail come in.

txradioguy
09-18-2012, 03:05 PM
He said it but than more or less apologized for it, that is where the fail come in.

I agree...heard that this morning...two steps forward and three back.

Rockntractor
09-18-2012, 03:09 PM
I agree...heard that this morning...two steps forward and three back.

When these guys start pounding the nail they need to drive it in the rest of the way!

SarasotaRepub
09-18-2012, 03:11 PM

I'm glad he said it.

I understand but I'm talking tactics. A lot of voters don't follow stuff close like we all do. The Dems will use this as another tool to make Romney look like a clueless rich guy.

Bailey
09-18-2012, 03:14 PM

The grammar nazi strikes again!!! Basics you might know but all others not so much. Listen toots, I have never collected a dime from the federal gov't(unless you consider over taxation), can you say the same?

txradioguy
09-18-2012, 03:15 PM
I understand but I'm talking tactics. A lot of voters don't follow stuff close like we all do. The Dems will use this as another tool to make Romney look like a clueless rich guy.

But again the only ones the MSM are playing to is the KOS kiddies on something like this. The 47% that Romney talks about don't need convincing....they'll vote for the guy that keeps their free cheese coming regardless of whether he turns the country into a 3rd world shit hole.

But...with the exception of trying to walk it back...he said what a lot of us here have said before that we WISHED a politician wold say...the truth.

Bailey
09-18-2012, 03:37 PM
But again the only ones the MSM are playing to is the KOS kiddies on something like this. The 47% that Romney talks about don't need convincing....they'll vote for the guy that keeps their free cheese coming regardless of whether he turns the country into a 3rd world shit hole.

But...with the exception of trying to walk it back...he said what a lot of us here have said before that we WISHED a politician wold say...the truth.

This country is doomed if the truth will not get you elected.

Starbuck
09-18-2012, 03:41 PM
Yeah. I remember when Obama was toast because of his "cling to guns and religion" statement, and Bush was toast because of a dozen things, and Clinton was going to be forced out of office after two years, and on and on.

It'll pass. More likely to shame a couple of Obama leaners, than to deter a Romney voter.

Rockntractor
09-18-2012, 05:44 PM
The grammar nazi strikes again!!! Basics you might know but all others not so much. Listen toots, I have never collected a dime from the federal gov't(unless you consider over taxation), can you say the same?

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/know-the-basics-nazi-demotivational.jpg

Hawkgirl
09-18-2012, 05:57 PM
It is quite refreshing to see a politician tell it like it is. I believe that is why O'Reilly has the top rated talk show in all of Cable news. Of course O'Reilly isn't running for public office. But one never knows, this candid speak might get that "silent majority" out to vote in 50 days.

Hawkgirl
09-18-2012, 06:04 PM

So in other words, you lost the argument...:biggrin-new:

http://i48.tinypic.com/f19vyb.jpg

Bailey
09-18-2012, 07:36 PM
So in other words, you lost the argument...:biggrin-new:

http://i48.tinypic.com/f19vyb.jpg

lol yes this is my point :)

She needs a hug

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/lars1701c/376696_378449022226904_1933798971_n_zps8901ab50.jp g

JB
09-18-2012, 07:41 PM
I just keep shaking my head at Romney...

Can he figure out another way to stick his foot in his mouth???Romney finally says some stuff that sounds conservative and conservatives are giving him shit about it!

He puts his foot in his mouth when he says that everyone receiving "entitlements" has a "victim" mentality - like my slacker of a father, 91 years old, who fought in World War II, had a successful career until his retirement - but who now receives Social Security and pays taxes on capital gains rather than income.No one thinks your father, who worked his entire life and is receiving benefits from a social program that we all pay into, is entitled or a victim. That's ridiculous and rather naive thinking. Something I would see over on DU. And tell your father after he votes for Obama and his capital gains taxes double that he got exactly what he wanted. Well done.

And no one here believes that you were ever going to vote for anyone other than Obama. You can stop feigning concern when you think you see a Romney misstep. It's more than obvious anymore.

Lager
09-18-2012, 08:35 PM
I agree with the last post. Since Linda seemed to infer the same message from his remarks that many on the du did, I'm guessing Romney isn't her preferred candidate. He's the conservative nominee speaking in a conservative forum. Context is important here. I can imagine some of the statements Obama might make when he's talking to a far left group. And I wouldn't even have to feign surprise if I heard them on tape. This notion that one has to tread very lightly and pick words ultra carefully simply to garner the support of moderates is being taken too far, thanks mostly to the media who imply that a candidate with conservative principles has to hide those in order to appeal to the "center".

Conservatives such as myself tend to agree with his general assumptions: There is a growing percentage of our population that is becoming overly-dependent on government programs. There is a significant portion of the elecorate who will vote for the candidate who promises even more in government support, even if that candidate's other qualifications or principles are lacking. I also didn't take from his statements that he was calling every person who paid little in taxes or took something out of the entitlement pie a "slacker". Seems his transition between two trains of thought wasn't as clear as it could have been, although I think the private audience he was speaking to had no trouble following where he was going.

I think the point of this fabricated "crisis" is the timing. This information which was obtained sometime around last May, was most likely being held to use at the most politically opportune time. The real crisis in foreign policy which much of our media here in the U.S. is ignoring, has the potential to seriously damage Obama's credentials and draw question to his leadership abilities. It's quite possible that the U.S. State Dept - and by proxy the White House - ignored credible reports of potential threats to our embassy staff in Libya. That failure quite possibly led to the deaths of at least four Americans. I wouldn't be surprised if "Mother Jones" or whatever other far left group had this tape, trotted it out a bit early simply to prevent a potential catastrophe to the chosen ones chances in November. To think that serious troubling issues are being brushed aside to focus on conservative sounding statements that the Republican candidate for President gave at a conservative function, is preposterous. We are in some real trouble in this country if the media can distract us so easily from real issues, simply to benefit a candidate who's to their liking.

JB
09-18-2012, 09:07 PM
I think the point of this fabricated "crisis" is the timing. This information which was obtained sometime around last May, was most likely being held to use at the most politically opportune time. The real crisis in foreign policy which much of our media here in the U.S. is ignoring, has the potential to seriously damage Obama's credentials and draw question to his leadership abilities. It's quite possible that the U.S. State Dept - and by proxy the White House - ignored credible reports of potential threats to our embassy staff in Libya. That failure quite possibly led to the deaths of at least four Americans. I wouldn't be surprised if "Mother Jones" or whatever other far left group had this tape, trotted it out a bit early simply to prevent a potential catastrophe to the chosen ones chances in November. To think that serious troubling issues are being brushed aside to focus on conservative sounding statements that the Republican candidate for President gave at a conservative function, is preposterous. We are in some real trouble in this country if the media can distract us so easily from real issues, simply to benefit a candidate who's to their liking.Um, yes to that.

Hawkgirl
09-18-2012, 09:22 PM
I think the point of this fabricated "crisis" is the timing. This information which was obtained sometime around last May, was most likely being held to use at the most politically opportune time. .

I think they call it the "October Surprise", although they are a month early. It's supposed to be the shocker that reverses the direction of the leading man..which at this point is hard to say who that is, exactly.

MountainMan
09-18-2012, 09:28 PM

SR won't be happy till Lord Rove is in charge of the whole world.......

This is a big nothing.

SarasotaRepub
09-18-2012, 09:54 PM
We are in some real trouble in this country if the media can distract us so easily from real issues, simply to benefit a candidate who's to their liking.

We are because there are a LOT of people in this country that will listen to the MSM and THEY want oBAMA back for 4 more. They will go to any length to distract the American public from anything negative that can point back to oBAMA.

This election should be a cake walk and I'm more & more sure it will be. For oBAMA.

Gina
09-18-2012, 10:34 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/601380_406057272781777_19061474_n.jpg

SarasotaRepub
09-19-2012, 07:45 AM
Well hopefully Romney steps things up and starts really hammering oBAMA.

SLW and I are going to "Rally with Mitt" Thursday at the Ringling Art Center here in Sarasota.

We're look forward to it!!! :thumbsup:

Gina
09-19-2012, 08:30 AM
Well hopefully Romney steps things up and starts really hammering oBAMA.

SLW and I are going to "Rally with Mitt" Thursday at the Ringling Art Center here in Sarasota.

We're look forward to it!!! :thumbsup:

Bring your camera in case you see any OWS DUmmies. :biggrin-new:

txradioguy
09-19-2012, 08:54 AM
And now we discover this:

There is a gap in the recording immediately after Romney’s now famous discussion of the 47% of voters who don’t pay taxes. The cut in the audio and video comes while Romney is in mid-sentence, so we actually do not have the full audio of what Romney said on the subject.

The next audio/video (Part 2) picks up with Romney talking about China.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/pj-gladnick/2012/09/19/did-ghost-rosemary-woods-accidentally-erase-part-romney-tape#ixzz26v5QDFcV

SarasotaRepub
09-19-2012, 09:02 AM
Bring your camera in case you see any OWS DUmmies. :biggrin-new:

Cameras are about the only thing they will let you bring in!!!! Will do!!!:biggrin-new:

noonwitch
09-19-2012, 10:09 AM

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/pj-gladnick/2012/09/19/did-ghost-rosemary-woods-accidentally-erase-part-romney-tape#ixzz26v5QDFcV

Did you listen to what he said about the factory in China he visited, when considering aquiring it for Bain Capital? He said that it had a fence around it to keep people out because they wanted to work there so badly. He also made a comment about the dorms the workers lived in.

I guess the factory he visited didn't have the safety nets around the windows to prevent worker suicides. There's a reason why things from China are so cheap. They treat their workers like crap.

txradioguy
09-19-2012, 10:14 AM
Did you listen to what he said about the factory in China he visited, when considering aquiring it for Bain Capital? He said that it had a fence around it to keep people out because they wanted to work there so badly. He also made a comment about the dorms the workers lived in.

I guess the factory he visited didn't have the safety nets around the windows to prevent worker suicides. There's a reason why things from China are so cheap. They treat their workers like crap.

And yet the American companies that have gone there pay wagest 10 times what the average Chinese could make otherwise.

Apple had...IRRC...16,000 show up for 4,000 jobs.

noonwitch
09-19-2012, 10:53 AM
And yet the American companies that have gone there pay wagest 10 times what the average Chinese could make otherwise.

Apple had...IRRC...16,000 show up for 4,000 jobs.

Apple is one of the companies that puts the nets up around it's factories and dorms, to keep the people who are working 36 hour shifts from jumping to their deaths.

txradioguy
09-19-2012, 11:04 AM
Apple is one of the companies that puts the nets up around it's factories and dorms, to keep the people who are working 36 hour shifts from jumping to their deaths.

Annnnd you'd be wrong. The company that runs that plant is Foxconn...Apple simple uses them as a supplier. Foxconn also in these same plants makes computer parts for HP, Packard Bel,l Sony, Dell, Nokia and others.

The nets weren't Apple's idea. It was government shrinks.

Facts...tricky things...

Rockntractor
09-19-2012, 11:19 AM

I have read 3 books about China in the past year and there is nothing incorrect about Romney's statement, the people do wait in line for factory jobs and not many of them get to make the money a factory pays.
As for the suicide nets, suicide is way to common throughout Communist China and is the price you pay when you install leftist communist governments and take away every bit of hope for a decent life that people have. How is Obama working out for you?

Hubie
09-19-2012, 11:52 AM

The excuse given is pretty lame. The camera just shut itself off for apparently no reason. Not "the battery ran out, so I had to change it quick" or "I accidentally pushed a button that made it stop recording." No, it just "inadvertently" turned itself off. And why wasn't this explained before they released the recording? Obviously, they assumed no one would notice.

txradioguy
09-19-2012, 12:17 PM
The excuse given is pretty lame. The camera just shut itself off for apparently no reason. Not "the battery ran out, so I had to change it quick" or "I accidentally pushed a button that made it stop recording." No, it just "inadvertently" turned itself off. And why wasn't this explained before they released the recording? Obviously, they assumed no one would notice.

All good questions. ANd nothing but crickets from teh left.

The only attempt at a defense was from David Corn...and his insistence that the whole tape was played got quickly shot down.

Adam Wood
09-19-2012, 05:05 PM
All good questions. ANd nothing but crickets from teh left.

The only attempt at a defense was from David Corn...and his insistence that the whole tape was played got quickly shot down.Not entirely.

There's actually a claim by some on the Left that because this has also been added to the Moonbat Jones article:

Update: Due to a production error, a section of part one of the full Romney "47 percent" video was not initially uploaded properly and an intial section was omitted. This has now been remedied.

that somehow means that the two minutes that didn't get recorded, somehow got recorded, and they have been edited back in!

I'm serious! Someone is actually arguing that on the Left. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

JB
09-19-2012, 05:23 PM
that somehow means that the two minutes that didn't get recorded, somehow got recorded, and they have been edited back in!They have no shame. They're nothing but a bunch of lying liars. It's like nothing I've ever seen before. :biggrin-new:

OT: Where has DWS been? She was good for about a lie a day there for a while. I think they got a muzzle on her.

Adam Wood
09-19-2012, 05:55 PM
They have no shame. They're nothing but a bunch of lying liars. It's like nothing I've ever seen before. :biggrin-new:

OT: Where has DWS been? She was good for about a lie a day there for a while. I think they got a muzzle on her.I think that they must have shackled her to a basement wall at her summer home in New Hampshire after the abject embarrassment she caused at the DNC. NOBODY could overlook that whopper, and I'm guessing that there's more than one red face about her over at team Obama.

SarasotaRepub
09-19-2012, 07:10 PM
The Left and their pals in the media will go to any lengths to get oBAMA elected again.

This is the worst I've ever seen things. :livid:

Gina
09-19-2012, 09:00 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/532134_406586829395488_1381234840_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/562027_283437681763022_454459097_n.jpg

JB
09-19-2012, 09:15 PM
The Left and their pals in the media will go to any lengths to get oBAMA elected again.

This is the worst I've ever seen things. :livid:Romney should stop speaking from now until the election. And not because I think he is making gaffes.

What will the ObamaPAC News stations do then? Will they have 55 minutes of their 60 minute show dedicated to Romney's silence? Will they have 55 minutes of lies by saying "stuff Romney would have said today"?

If Romney gives them nothing, they'll have to talk about something else. Will it be muzzie craziness, out of control debt and unemployment? What will their programming look like if they can't comment on "stuff Romney said today".

Could be a course of action. If I honestly thought MSNBC and the rest of the gang would actually talk about 0bama's record, I would say go for it.

SarasotaRepub
09-20-2012, 10:15 AM
I'll do my best to get some greyt pics at the Romney Rally today.

The OccuTards are supposed to be there soooooo...:biggrin-new:

txradioguy
09-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Everything I've been hearing and reading...Conservatives are happy he said what he said..the retirees that might fall into part of that 47% haven't felt offended at all...they know what Romney was talking about.

Think about it...this is a desperate move by the left....this video was taken in May...when Romney was just one of half a dozen candidates during the primaries...everyone has known it was out there...it wasn't a recent discovery. This is the fundraiser where the reporters weren't allowed and had to take notes based on what they heard while standing on the sidewalk where the event was taking place.

The polls...crap you know as well as I do that the polls are being considerably oversampled in favor of the Dems...and even then Obama STILL can't get more than 5 points ahead. Imagine if everyone was sampled equally. He'd be getting creamed...and he knows that.

Hence resorting to last ditch things like this alleged "secret" video that's really no secret at all.

Obama's scared and he's gonna lose...and he knows it.

Don't look at this as a gaffe...it's not...it's Romney showing shades of Conservatism and saying what we've ALL desperately wanted a Republican candidate to say for years.

m00
09-20-2012, 01:05 PM
While I agree with Romney in principle (welfare is a self-fulling voter cycle)... he needs to at least act like he will be "everyone's president."

There were really only two stupid things he did here:

Not realize there's no such thing as "off the record" or a "private" venue in the age of smart phones
Apologizing for what you say in private is ALWAYS a lose-lose.

Rockntractor
09-20-2012, 01:25 PM
While I agree with Romney in principle (welfare is a self-fulling voter cycle)... he needs to at least act like he will be "everyone's president."

There were really only two stupid things he did here:

Not realize there's no such thing as "off the record" or a "private" venue in the age of smart phones
Apologizing for what you say in private is ALWAYS a lose-lose.

They say he didn't really apologies but more or less qualified the statement, I don't know if I agree with that and you are correct, with today's smart phone there are no off camera moments.

TVDOC
09-20-2012, 01:28 PM
They say he didn't really apologies but more or less qualified the statement, I don't know if I agree with that and you are correct, with today's smart phone there are no off camera moments.

Except at Obama's closed fundraisers.......all phones are confiscated, and attendees searched......

doc

Rockntractor
09-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Except at Obama's closed fundraisers.......all phones are confiscated, and attendees searched......

doc

This is what democrats seem to enjoy, they get a woody over being totally subservient to their Marxist master.

Adam Wood
09-20-2012, 01:57 PM
Everything I've been hearing and reading...Conservatives are happy he said what he said..the retirees that might fall into part of that 47% haven't felt offended at all...they know what Romney was talking about.

Think about it...this is a desperate move by the left....this video was taken in May...when Romney was just one of half a dozen candidates during the primaries...everyone has known it was out there...it wasn't a recent discovery. This is the fundraiser where the reporters weren't allowed and had to take notes based on what they heard while standing on the sidewalk where the event was taking place.

The polls...crap you know as well as I do that the polls are being considerably oversampled in favor of the Dems...and even then Obama STILL can't get more than 5 points ahead. Imagine if everyone was sampled equally. He'd be getting creamed...and he knows that.

Hence resorting to last ditch things like this alleged "secret" video that's really no secret at all.

Obama's scared and he's gonna lose...and he knows it.

Don't look at this as a gaffe...it's not...it's Romney showing shades of Conservatism and saying what we've ALL desperately wanted a Republican candidate to say for years.YOU! Yes, YOU! Oppressed soldier of the 47%! You get back in line and get offended right this instant, mister!

txradioguy
09-20-2012, 02:07 PM
YOU! Yes, YOU! Oppressed soldier of the 47%! You get back in line and get offended right this instant, mister!

Yes boss! Moving boss! Sorry boss!

:smile-new:

m00
09-20-2012, 02:11 PM

Yeah, but in all fairness, Obama's fundraisers are filled with Obama supporters. I'd search them too!

Hawkgirl
09-20-2012, 06:23 PM
I doubt you'd find many SMARTphones on Obama supporters. Weed, yes.