PDA

View Full Version : Australia rejects same-sex marriage; Reps. vote against bill 42-98

Hubie
09-19-2012, 02:49 AM
Some common sense from down under.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10835143

A Labor MP's bill to legalise same-sex marriage has been overwhemingly defeated in the House of Representatives.

The result of the vote was 42-98.

Prime Minister Julia Gillard and Opposition Leader Tony Abbott sat on the same side of the chamber to vote against the private bill, proposed by Labor backbencher Stephen Jones.

Labor allowed its members a conscience vote on the issue - meaning they did not have to all vote in the same way - but the coalition did not.

:victorious: :woot: :thumbsup:

Cue the whining from the left.

Bailey
09-19-2012, 06:22 AM
Most of the time when this is put to a vote, the fags lose. They need the help of the courts to spread their degeneracy.

TVDOC
09-19-2012, 10:51 AM
Cue the whining from Novaheart

FIFY......

doc

Novaheart
09-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Most of the time when this is put to a vote, the fags lose. They need the help of the courts to spread their degeneracy.

Majority rule is the end of liberty. The courts protect liberty. Were it not for the court, Marylanders would have little chance of enjoying their Second Amendment rights; because Maryland's majority ruled "no gun permit for you". It will likely be the courts which throttle the governments of California and Illinois and force them to recognize the Second Amendment rights of their law abiding citizens.

Think before you write.

Bailey
09-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Majority rule is the end of liberty. The courts protect liberty. Were it not for the court, Marylanders would have little chance of enjoying their Second Amendment rights; because Maryland's majority ruled "no gun permit for you". It will likely be the courts which throttle the governments of California and Illinois and force them to recognize the Second Amendment rights of their law abiding citizens.

Think before you write.

Owning a gun is a right, marrying a person isn't, I suggest you take your own advice.

Generation Why?
09-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Owning a gun is a right, marrying a person isn't, I suggest you take your own advice.

In accordance with the 14th Amendmant, and the fact that marriage is overseen by the state, same-sex marriage should be legal. If you don't want men to marry men or women to marry women, I would recommend getting the government out of marriage.

Elspeth
09-19-2012, 02:33 PM
In accordance with the 14th Amendmant, and the fact that marriage is overseen by the state, same-sex marriage should be legal. If you don't want men to marry men or women to marry women, I would recommend getting the government out of marriage.

Who would then be involved in marriage? Would any marriage be legally recognized?

Generation Why?
09-19-2012, 04:09 PM
Who would then be involved in marriage? Would any marriage be legally recognized?

The church would be involved. And why does any marriage have to be legally recognized?

Elspeth
09-19-2012, 06:22 PM
The church would be involved. And why does any marriage have to be legally recognized?

The rights of the children?

Gina
09-19-2012, 06:38 PM
The rights of the children?

Death benefits, social security and pension benefits of the deceased spouse. All the reasons are financial and imo mostly why gays want to get married. Money.

Hawkgirl
09-19-2012, 06:46 PM

The Church doesn't believe in gay marriage either...next?

Generation Why?
09-19-2012, 06:52 PM
Death benefits, social security and pension benefits of the deceased spouse. All the reasons are financial and imo mostly why gays want to get married. Money.

Wills and contracts can be drawn up. I have life insurance and I can put anyone I want as the beneficiary on it.

Generation Why?
09-19-2012, 06:54 PM
The Church doesn't believe in gay marriage either...next?

You are correct. If the Church says they won't marry two men or women, problem solved. It's government who cannot discriminate. Private church can choose not to marry whomever the want.

Gina
09-19-2012, 06:57 PM
Wills and contracts can be drawn up. I have life insurance and I can put anyone I want as the beneficiary on it.

Exactly why I think gay marriage is a canard. I think it's used as an irritant in order to try to normalize gay activities in society. I don't want to know who you have sex with either way.

Generation Why?
09-19-2012, 07:30 PM
Exactly why I think gay marriage is a canard. I think it's used as an irritant in order to try to normalize gay activities in society. I don't want to know who you have sex with either way.

Then why do you care to know who he/she marries? And there is a difference between normalize and tolerance. They aren't asking you to let it be normal. They are asking you respect their rights and let them live their lives.

Hawkgirl
09-19-2012, 08:12 PM
You are correct. If the Church says they won't marry two men or women, problem solved.

Well then, there you go. Problem solved. Church's I know about have come out and denounced gay marriage. Do you know of 1 that hasn't?

Novaheart
09-19-2012, 09:03 PM

All the things straight people get automatically and take foe granted?

Novaheart
09-19-2012, 09:05 PM
...... I don't want to know who you have sex with either way.

Then take your wedding ring off and stop introducing Mr. Gina as your husband.

Gina
09-19-2012, 09:08 PM
Then why do you care to know who he/she marries? And there is a difference between normalize and tolerance. They aren't asking you to let it be normal. They are asking you respect their rights and let them live their lives.

Tolerance isn't commanded in the Bible. Quite the opposite. I'm commanded to live at peace with everyone and to expect intolerance for my beliefs. Sound familiar? We have 2 opposing viewpoints between gay marriage and those who find it intolerable for whatever reason. I can't stop people from having a ceremony and doing whatever they want, but again money is involved if you normalize it or make it legal etc. Why do I care is easily answered by the above and by wondering why should something I'm so opposed to have their hand in the til? We can't afford what we have promised as it is.

Gina
09-19-2012, 09:09 PM

I've been happily divorced for 20+ years, thankfully. People can wear a ring without telling me about their sex lives.

JB
09-19-2012, 09:09 PM
All the things straight people get automatically and take foe granted?No, all people. You can have it too. No one is denying you that when you get married.

Gina
09-19-2012, 09:10 PM

Yup. It's not my fault who's straight and who isn't.

Madisonian
09-19-2012, 09:10 PM

Just for the sake of my own knowledge, exactly why would marriage not be a right?

Novaheart
09-19-2012, 09:18 PM
Tolerance isn't commanded in the Bible. Quite the opposite. I'm commanded to live at peace with everyone and to expect intolerance for my beliefs. Sound familiar? We have 2 opposing viewpoints between gay marriage and those who find it intolerable for whatever reason. I can't stop people from having a ceremony and doing whatever they want, but again money is involved if you normalize it or make it legal etc. Why do I care is easily answered by the above and by wondering why should something I'm so opposed to have their hand in the til? We can't afford what we have promised as it is.

"We"? You mean, you and the other tax paying heterosexuals because gay people don't pay taxes? Guess what? I have paid school taxes all of my adult life and I don't have kids. In fact, my whole family has paid school taxes while sending our kids to private schools and homeschooling. Most heterosexuals don't even pay enough in taxes to cover the cost of their kids going to public schools.

We. Indeed.

JB
09-19-2012, 09:22 PM
If we had a moratorium on gay threads I don't think Nova would post here anymore.

I hereby pledge to not start any threads about the gays.

Gina
09-19-2012, 09:27 PM
If we had a moratorium on gay threads I don't think Nova would post here anymore.

You know, I was thinking a few minutes ago that I've never talked so much about or read so much about gay marriage EVER until I started posting here again. I regret I said anything in this thread because I'm not really interested in talking about it.

And nova I wasn't implying gay people don't pay taxes. I was implying that gay people shouldn't expect a different or special right. We yes WE can all get married. Like I said before I don't decide who's gay or straight.

JB
09-19-2012, 09:40 PM
You know, I was thinking a few minutes ago that I've never talked so much about or read so much about gay marriage EVER until I started posting here again. I regret I said anything in this thread because I'm not really interested in talking about it.Nova and I see eye to eye on very little. He was always a big proponent of killing crazy muzzies with impunity so we let him hang around. But it's all about the gay now. Too bad.

Rockntractor
09-19-2012, 09:44 PM

I like to post them and then kick back and drink root beer and watch the meltdown.
I can't help it, I'm out of vices.:blue:

JB
09-19-2012, 09:48 PM
I like to post them and then kick back and drink root beer and watch the meltdown.
I can't help it, I'm out of vices.:blue:Catholics are more like Christ than Protestants.

Rockntractor
09-19-2012, 10:16 PM
Catholics are more like Christ than Protestants.

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/Gomez-s-Train-Wreck-addams-family-5_zpsf9902a1a.jpg

Novaheart
09-20-2012, 11:47 AM

I don't think I have ever started a thread with a gay topic. If you go to my stats, you'll see a thread titled 'Jesus Was A Homosexual' which I did not start, Rock started it under my name. This should be obvious because I would have said, "Jesus Was An Homosexual"

FlaGator
09-20-2012, 03:19 PM
I don't think I have ever started a thread with a gay topic. If you go to my stats, you'll see a thread titled 'Jesus Was A Homosexual' which I did not start, Rock started it under my name. This should be obvious because I would have said, "Jesus Was An Homosexual"

I think what is meant is that you respond to all threads that deal with homosexuality.

Also, believe that 'a Homosexual' is correct and not 'An Homosexual'. Has to do with the noun starting with an 'A' sound or not.

m00
09-20-2012, 03:41 PM
Personally, I'm a bit more disgusted that you can marry your 15 year old first cousin in some places in the US than I am about gay marriage between consenting adults. I'm just saying... on my list of "grievances against the institution of marriage" I find it pretty hard to be outraged against gays. /shrug

Wibbins
09-20-2012, 05:03 PM

Like producing children naturally and not having to deal with so much glitter?:evil-grin:

Hubie
09-20-2012, 10:26 PM
Majority rule is the end of liberty. The courts protect liberty.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:: rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::r otfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::ro tfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rot fl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotf l::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl ::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:: rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::r otfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Oh, you were being SERIOUS?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:: rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::r otfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::ro tfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rot fl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotf l::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl ::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:: rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::r otfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Here's a clue, numbnuts: you know all those constitutional amendments that you love and enjoy the benefits of? ALL PASSED BY "MAJORITY RULE." Honestly, get a clue.

Think before you write.

Physician, heal thyself!

Hubie
09-20-2012, 10:29 PM
You are correct. If the Church says they won't marry two men or women, problem solved. It's government who cannot discriminate. Private church can choose not to marry whomever the want.

Until the gays come along and demand that the private churches marry them and use the government to force the churches to do so...

Hubie
09-20-2012, 10:29 PM

Yup.

Hubie
09-20-2012, 10:31 PM

Thilly boy. You assume married people have sex. :evil-grin: (That's a joke meant for us married folk, not you.)