PDA

View Full Version : The Annointed One on Letterman last night

SaintLouieWoman
09-19-2012, 08:15 AM
The media is reaching a fever pitch in their attempt to push Obama's reelection bid. We watched Letterman last night, holding our nose, to see how disgusting Letterman's support might be. It was maximum revolting. He allowed Obama to have the entire show to spread his propoganda and to try to be cool. The ease with which Obama lied through his teeth was astounding.

Letterman mostly shut up and let Obama have a long, show length monologue justifying everything and slamming Romney. When Letterman did talk, it was not only softball questions but totally complicit lead-ins for Obama. It was almost like having Jay Carney sit there with his drivel.

Long ago I was a big fan of Letterman. In fact I was mentioned quite a few times on his website. The guy who writes his daily article used to email with me. Amazingly the guy is a Rush fan. I feel sorry for someone who has to stifle his personal views so much, but money talks.

SarasotaRepub
09-19-2012, 08:22 AM
ATTENTION POLS!!!!!

I don't care what party you are with, if you're elected to the highest position in
the country if not the world, I really don't want to see your mug on a late
night TV show.

Thx.

:rolleyes:

Gina
09-19-2012, 08:33 AM
Yeah Obama's "cool factor" is dead. He needs to stop. Michelle too. They're just embarrassing.

SaintLouieWoman
09-19-2012, 08:59 AM
Letterman is embarassing too. He used to be funny, bashing politicians pretty evenly. He's so obviously in the tank for the Dems it literally isn't funny. He just comes across as bitter and mean.

linda22003
09-19-2012, 10:10 AM
There are obviously huge advantages to going to bed at 10 PM, as my husband and I do. :biggrin-new:

noonwitch
09-19-2012, 10:14 AM
Letterman is embarassing too. He used to be funny, bashing politicians pretty evenly. He's so obviously in the tank for the Dems it literally isn't funny. He just comes across as bitter and mean.

He is bitter over Leno replacing Carson. I know it was a long time ago, but that is why he left NBC. Letterman hasn't been the same since that and his heart problems. I always liked the bits with his mom.

He was funnier when he had Late Night, after Carson's Tonight Show- no one in late night will ever be as funny as Johnny was.

Hubie
09-19-2012, 11:54 AM
Yep. He's got time to go on Letterman, but not meet with Netanyahu.

SaintLouieWoman
09-19-2012, 02:29 PM
Yep. He's got time to go on Letterman, but not meet with Netanyahu.

That supposedly was the reason for denying the meeting. I guess he couldn't pass up all the free publicity. I noticed that there was a rating system based on "likes". He only got 2 stars last night. Then I noticed it was gone this morning. Even silly little polls must be closely monitored. There was a little animal video next to it that got 5 stars.

It would be nice to have a president who actually did his job instead of setting a record for the most time spent golfing and hanging around with the "cool" people. Also heard on one of the stupid entertainment shows that he was hanging out with Beyonce this week. I hope he has time shortly for even more golf and parties----when he's out of office.