PDA

View Full Version : Biden on cheerleaders: ‘The stuff they do on hard wood, it blows my mind’

Rockntractor
09-23-2012, 12:57 AM
By Matthew Boyle

Vice President Joe Biden may have stuck his foot in his mouth again on Friday, using an awkward off-the-cuff phrase to compliment high school cheerleaders during a campaign stop.

According to a pool report from Biden’s stop at Newport High School in Newport, N.H., the vice president arrived to talk to “about 100 students in their sports uniforms waiting for him in a semi-circle.”

“He cradled a football under his arm as he spoke,” the pool report, written by The New York Times’ Trip Gabriel, reads. “He began by asking which teams were represented — football, soccer, lacrosse and cross-country. Any others? He asked. ‘Cheerleaders,’ a group of girls shouted.”

“Guess what, the cheerleaders in college are the best athletes in college,” Biden said. “You think, I’m joking, they’re almost all gymnasts, the stuff they do on hard wood, it blows my mind.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/21/biden-on-cheerleaders-the-stuff-they-do-on-hard-wood-it-blows-my-mind/#ixzz27GXisDuG

Hubie
09-23-2012, 01:24 AM
Just remember folks: Biden is a heartbeat away from the presidency.

Now go cry yourselves to sleep like I will because of that thought.

Gina
09-23-2012, 08:45 AM
I saw this story, thought about posting it and then decided I'd let Rock do it. :biggrin-new:

Unreconstructed Reb
09-23-2012, 10:01 AM
http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u350/cowboyway54/98832730_zpscef51cb2.jpg

Odysseus
09-23-2012, 10:11 AM
And the drumbeat of Biden jokes in the unbiased MSM...?

http://www.insanitytheory.net/cookery/grasshopper_edit.gif

noonwitch
09-24-2012, 03:13 PM
That's just too funny.

Joe doesn't have much control over his verbal impulses.

Rockntractor
09-24-2012, 03:18 PM
That's just too funny.

This one damn near seems on purpose!

Hubie
09-25-2012, 12:04 AM
This one damn near seems on purpose!

That's not a very comforting thought, either. Either he's too dumb to realize what he's saying or he's too dumb to rise above high school locker room humor.

RobJohnson
09-25-2012, 02:04 AM
The last time Biden seen hard wood was his wood working class in high school .

noonwitch
09-25-2012, 08:09 AM
The last time Biden seen hard wood was his wood working class in high school .

I don't know about that-did you see the photo a week or so ago of him with the biker chick?

Hubie
09-25-2012, 05:29 PM
I don't know about that-did you see the photo a week or so ago of him with the biker chick?

Unfortunately, yes. It was creepy.

Odysseus
09-25-2012, 11:30 PM
That's just too funny.

I'm beginning to wonder if Joe is all there. He seems to be unable to control himself, and his gaffes are the least of it. I'd be afraid to see what he'd do at a summit meeting or some other critical function when the stress is on.

Rockntractor
09-25-2012, 11:41 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if Joe is all there. He seems to be unable to control himself, and his gaffes are the least of it. I'd be afraid to see what he'd do at a summit meeting or some other critical function when the stress is on.

He was hand picked by the president to be the second most capable person to lead the most powerful country in the world, think about it, this is the sum of Obama's discernment right here.