PDA

View Full Version : Biden does it again

LibraryLady
09-23-2008, 01:37 PM
“When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on the television and didn’t just talk about the princes of greed. He said, ‘look, here’s what happened.’”

FDR was elected in 1932 and there was no TV in 1929

megimoo
09-23-2008, 01:46 PM
FDR was elected in 1932 and there was no TV in 1929This idiot is without equal ,well maybe EyePuss !:rolleyes:

Bongo55
09-23-2008, 02:28 PM
It would appear that they are cut from the same cloth.

linda22003
09-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Seriously, LL, that's hilarious. Where did you find it? :)

linda22003
09-23-2008, 02:33 PM
PBS (The 30 second candidate) says:

"In April of 1939, Franklin D. Roosevelt became the first president of the United States to appear on television. The setting was the 1939 World's Fair in New York. The appearance was broadcast to a handful of TV sets in the New York area."

Not quite what Biden meant, I think, but he might claim it....

LibraryLady
09-23-2008, 02:36 PM
Seriously, LL, that's hilarious. Where did you find it? :)

It's on the Katie Couric interview but here is a good story:

Biden garbles Depression history (http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0908/Biden_garbles_Depression_history.html?showall)

Joe Biden's denunciation of his own campaign's ad to Katie Couric got so much attention last night that another odd note in the interview slipped by.

He was speaking about the role of the White House in a financial crisis.

"When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the princes of greed," Biden told Couric. "He said, 'Look, here's what happened.'"

As Reason's Jesse Walker footnotes it: "And if you owned an experimental TV set in 1929, you would have seen him. And you would have said to yourself, 'Who is that guy? What happened to President Hoover?'"

Eyelids
09-23-2008, 03:12 PM
Do I get free riegns to pluck all the stupid shit Sarah Palin and George Bush have said now?

linda22003
09-23-2008, 03:19 PM
Hard to say. First, you'll have to tell us what a "riegn" is.

GrumpyOldLady
09-23-2008, 03:48 PM
This guy is a RIOT! Let him keep talking! :D

(I'm talking about Biden, not Eyelids and his riegn.)

lacarnut
09-23-2008, 04:11 PM
This guy is a RIOT! Let him keep talking! :D

(I'm talking about Biden, not Eyelids and his riegn.)

If we were keeping score of flubs and dubs between McCain/Palin and O and Joe, the Democrats would win hands down. I can not wait for the debates. Palin is going to tear Joe a new one.

LibraryLady
09-25-2008, 09:50 AM
The man strikes again:

Criticizing McCain for opposing negotiations with Iran, Biden said even the Bush administration now favors such talks — which Obama has long supported.

“After seven years, in which our senior diplomatic personnel were not allowed to make a single contact with Iranians, the Bush administration realized the absurdity of its own policy and sent our leading diplomat to Iran,” he said. “The Assistant Secretary of State as he went to Tehran, sat down at the instruction of the President of the United States.”

It sounds great for Obama and Biden that the president came around to something so close to their position on talks with Iran; trouble is, the event Biden described never actually happened.

In point of fact, the one “meeting” that has taken place was in Geneva, Switzerland, when Under Secretary of State William Burns sat in on a discussion between Iranian representatives and the other “P5 +1″ political directors involved in nuclear talks. The meeting, while a first, was not a negotiation; Burns was there merely as an observer, and had no formal role or talks with the Iranians.

So, point by point: Burns was not sent to Tehran; he did not go to Tehran; and there was no such instruction from the President.

jinxmchue
09-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Do I get free riegns to pluck all the stupid shit Sarah Palin and George Bush have said now?

The riegn is Speign falls miegnly on the pliegn.

You're free to spread all the lies you've picked up from DK, DU and various liberal blogs about what Gov. Palin has supposedly said. We'll just keep on handing you your pathetic little ass.

PoliCon
09-25-2008, 04:34 PM
Do I get free riegns to pluck all the stupid shit Sarah Palin and George Bush have said now? HOLY SHIT DUMBASS! BUSH is not running for office. Ya'll are gonna be hurting on the left when Bush is gone and you don't have anyone to displace all of your rage and idiocy on. GAH.

AmPat
09-25-2008, 08:47 PM

You're better than a side show freak. If your comments were made face to face, you would be horse-laughed out of the building.

LibraryLady
09-26-2008, 10:12 AM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/joeblow.jpg

PoliCon
09-26-2008, 03:51 PM
You have to wonder exactly what team the guy is on . . . .