PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Leaps On Sword, “I Take Responsibility”

Apocalypse
10-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Lima, Peru (CNN) (http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/15/us/clinton-benghazi/index.html) – Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the bucks stops with her when it comes to who is blame for a deadly assault on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi.

“I take responsibility” for what happened on September 11, Clinton said in an interview with CNN’s Elise Labott soon after arriving in Lima, Peru for a visit. The interview, one of a series given to U.S. television networks Monday night, were the first she has given about the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.

Clinton insisted President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden are not involved in security decisions, Clinton said.

“I want to avoid some kind of political gotcha,” she added, noting that it is close to the election.

------------------------------

I have got to wonder what kind of deal they made to get her to agree to kill any chance come 2016.

This the night before the debates. Takes it right off the topics for Mitt. Convenient?

Hawkgirl
10-15-2012, 08:20 PM
She's a liar like the rest of 'em.

Rockntractor
10-15-2012, 08:22 PM
The old gray mare ain't quite what she used to be.

Apocalypse
10-15-2012, 08:24 PM
She's a liar like the rest of 'em.

Liar or not, she just saved Obama's rump from this, thou some questions will remain, she just changed the night before the debates the whole narrative, and she just ended her political career.

I have to wonder what she's getting out of this?

ABC in Georgia
10-15-2012, 08:39 PM
I have to wonder what she's getting out of this?

As do I, Apocalypse. As do I.

The plot thickens! ... :evil-grin:

Not *innocents* on either side, we are dealing with here!

Apache
10-15-2012, 08:54 PM
The old gray mare ain't quite what she used to be.

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking! :biggrin-new:

Lager
10-15-2012, 09:16 PM
I think she's making an accurate assumption that the media isn't going anywhere with this, and she'll score some loyalty points. She still hasn't been made or attempted to satisfactorily answer how the fake protest story came to be, and why it was allowed to go on for so long after the facts finally caught up to the diversion. It pisses me off that they are getting away with this. A well planned and executed terrorist attack is blatantly carried out by some blood thirsty, America hating, radical islamic idiots; and for almost a week, everyone in the administration is blaming it on the actions of some scapegoat U.S. resident. Imagine how emboldened will groups like this be after our President basically excused their actions by running with a fake story designed specifically to divert the issue away from his failures.

SarasotaRepub
10-15-2012, 09:29 PM
This won't hurt Hillary. She still has her eyes on oBAMA's office, don't even think otherwise.

patriot45
10-15-2012, 09:35 PM
This is strange! Someone has to resign over this!!! Maybe Carney.:cool:

Just imagine if you will that this happened under President Bush!! Non stop media camped out everywhere!

Elspeth
10-16-2012, 12:18 AM
I have got to wonder what kind of deal they made to get her to agree to kill any chance come 2016.

This the night before the debates. Takes it right off the topics for Mitt. Convenient?

Probably the same deal they made with her to let Oblahblah take the nomination in 2008. Remember that secret meeting they had, where the press was misled and put on a plane? After that, Oblahblah got the green light.

Someone is calling the shots and it's not Oblahblah or Hillary. I feel badly for Hillary because she didn't invent the spin about the "anti-Islam video." My guess is that while the State Department was trying to figure out what the hell happened, the Obama administration created a false excuse to protect his campaign.

Hillary may in fact run in 2016, but judging from the crap they've made her take for an ignorant neophyte, I'm assuming TPTB are not going to help her very much.

SaintLouieWoman
10-16-2012, 12:45 AM
This has been carefully orchestrated by Obama and his chronies. Look at the VP debate. Biden started the blatant excuse that neither he nor Obama knew about it. He threw the CIA and Hillary under the bus. It's the natural progression that now she falls on the sword.

They're contemptible, lying to defend their sorry asses while putting our country in greater peril.

Unreconstructed Reb
10-16-2012, 11:51 AM
This won't hurt Hillary. She still has her eyes on oBAMA's office, don't even think otherwise.

Don't forget Bubba. You can bet he's got an iron in this fire and an angle already figured out for 2016.

noonwitch
10-17-2012, 01:30 PM
This is strange! Someone has to resign over this!!! Maybe Carney.:cool:

Just imagine if you will that this happened under President Bush!! Non stop media camped out everywhere!

Bush out and out lied about something worse, based on "intelligence reports", and there was non stop media camped out everywhere. He took us to war in Iraq based on false reports that Saddam Hussein had tried to buy yellow cake uranium in Niger.

Apocalypse
10-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Bush out and out lied about something worse, based on "intelligence reports", and there was non stop media camped out everywhere. He took us to war in Iraq based on false reports that Saddam Hussein had tried to buy yellow cake uranium in Niger.

Factcheck.org says he didn't lie regarding those reports.

Bush's "16 Words" on Iraq & Uranium: He May Have Been Wrong But He Wasn't Lying
July 26, 2004

Updated: August 23, 2004

Two intelligence investigations show Bush had plenty of reason to believe what he said in his 2003 State of the Union Address.
Summary

The famous “16 words” in President Bush’s Jan. 28, 2003 State of the Union address turn out to have a basis in fact after all, according to two recently released investigations in the US and Britain.
Nice to see you still follow those liberal lies...

txradioguy
10-17-2012, 03:38 PM
Factcheck.org says he didn't lie regarding those reports.

Nice to see you still follow those liberal lies...

She doesn't just follow them...like the rest of the DUmmies...she believes them.

m00
10-17-2012, 05:05 PM

She actually comes off looking like a more responsible person than Obama. Well played, I would say.

Lager
10-18-2012, 09:30 PM
She actually comes off looking like a more responsible person than Obama. Well played, I would say.

She had nothing to lose. She announced right before the debate, knowing the day after it, her story would fade while everyone discussed who won. She also gave Obama a weak bailout to make a tepid claim that he took responsibility. You don't get credit for falling on your sword, when you know you won't get cut!

Lager
10-18-2012, 09:39 PM

You can harbor negative feelings toward Bush for Iraq, but surely you can't justify what Obama did even if not conceding that two wrongs don't make a right. This administration diverted the blame for this blatant act of terror to some fabricated story involving a U.S. resident. Whatever you may think he really said, the fact is he was almost excusing what happened by creating a bogus reason why some muslim groups might take legitimate offense. You do recall that for a couple of weeks, there were many people who heard the story and could almost accept why a "protest" might lead to a "riot that got out of hand". It was outrageous. The media almost seemed like they were ready to push the President toward actually apologizing for the whole thing.