View Full Version : Italian Braciola

10-15-2012, 10:31 PM
Haven't made this in years and was looking for something tasty, so I made some sauce, braciola and pork neck bones for a treat! :biggrin-new:\
I wish I had some flank steak but all I had was bottom round, I pounded the snot out of it but it did not get as thin as I would have liked. Oh well.

I made a simple tomato sauce of crushed tomatos, a stick of butter, an onion halved and some fresh basil, put in pot and let simmer.

Peferably flank steak, but you can use top or bottom round pounded thin. Cut into 8 rectangles
8 slices of prosciutto ham

1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup shredded provolone
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup shredded parmesan
2 TBSP fresh parsley
Chopped fire roasted red bell peppers
3 cloves minced garlic
2 Tbsp EVOO
1/4 cup Chopped portobello mushrooms and diced onion sweated for abougt 5 minutes, let cool. Mix all ingredients together.
1/2 cup white wine for deglazing

Lay out the pounded beef and start with a slice of proscuitto then a generous portion of the mixture, roll up and secure with toothpicks.
When done, put 2 TBSP Evoo in a pan and brown the braciola on all sides, deglaze with white wine and drop into sauce, cover and simmer for 2 hours. Take off lid and reduce for 1/2 hour and enjoy with some pasta! Ooops, S+P the meat before browning!

Get ready to assemble

The filling

Ready to brown

Can you smell it!?

Thank God Poli is not here! Terrible plating!