PDA

View Full Version : Presidential Debate Number 2!!!

SarasotaRepub
10-16-2012, 08:36 AM
Topic: Town meeting format including foreign and domestic policy
Air Time: 9:00-10:30 p.m. Eastern Time
Location: Hofstra University (http://www.hofstra.edu/debate/) in Hempstead, New York (Tickets (http://www.hofstra.edu/debate/debate_tickets.html))
Sponsor: Commission on Presidential Debates (http://www.debates.org/)
Participants: President Barack Obama and Governor Mitt Romney
Moderator: Candy Crowley (CNN Chief Political Correspondent)

The second presidential debate will take the form of a town meeting, in which citizens will ask questions of the candidates on foreign and domestic issues. Candidates each will have two minutes to respond, and an additional minute for the moderator to facilitate a discussion. The town meeting participants will be undecided voters selected by the Gallup Organization.

I know FearLess Leader has already won it but here is the time and place for the fun tonight...:biggrin-new:

Janice
10-16-2012, 08:54 AM
I dont see how this could end up well for teh Mittster. But it will at least give the nation a chance to see and hear Romney live and direct instead of thru democrat sound bites and ads (if the moderator doesnt constantly cut him off or misdirect like what happened to Ryan). I hope it does, but the Marxist is going to lie, obfuscate, misdirect, interrupt and pull a bit of 'Joe Biteme' on him. Then theres that idiot - the so called 'moderator'.

The Marquess of Queensberry rules may not hold up well against tag team knives, clubs and brass knuckles. If I was betting ...

But Im praying not for Mitt so much... but for the nation. Soetoro wins, the nation loses. He loses and the nation wins.

Rockntractor
10-16-2012, 09:21 AM
Candy Crowley looks like a prison matron!http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/afraid/smileys-afraid-684303.gif (http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/)

djones520
10-16-2012, 09:22 AM
I'm torn on this one tonight. Watch the debate, or watch Verlander thump the Yankees some more. It's a hard call.

Rockntractor
10-16-2012, 09:25 AM
I'm torn on this one tonight. Watch the debate, or watch Verlander thump the Yankees some more. It's a hard call.

Too much Candy before bed would just give you nightmares anyway.

djones520
10-16-2012, 09:41 AM
http://www.debatedrinking.com/

For those so inclined.

SarasotaRepub
10-16-2012, 05:56 PM
Three more hours...:smile-new:

Janice
10-16-2012, 06:12 PM
You have to know that all the networks have their victory 0bama orbasms already written and ready immediately following the debate.

How in the world could the 0-bot do worse than last time? He couldnt -- of course.

So I can hear the media lap dogs with their 'tingles' on the ready if 0dummy is able to keep his head out of his arse for at least half of the debate this time --- regardless of what he has to say. In fact he could and prob will say some of the dumbest things... but because he spoke at all ... he's the winner!

Sure would be a treat if Romney could get under that lying Marxist creeps thin skin though ... just enough for a few fireworks. :cool:

SarasotaRepub
10-16-2012, 06:18 PM
If Romney does well DUmmieLand's servers will melt. They'll go to "members only" 1st and then
the site will go Error 404. :biggrin-new:

Whatever the outcome, it's going to be a fun night...

ABC in Georgia
10-16-2012, 06:53 PM
Sure would be a treat if Romney could under that lying Marxist creeps thin skin though ... just enough for a few fireworks. :cool:

Fireworks ... good word! Would love to see it.

Am also hoping to indulge in some good old-fashioned ... but nasty ... Schadenfreude tonight! ... :an:

Janice
10-16-2012, 07:03 PM
Places to watch online:

http://www.tv.com/news/watch-tonights-presidential-debate-online-right-here-video-29838/
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/live
http://www.hulu.com/live?current_id=71
http://debates.aol.com/

Starbuck
10-16-2012, 07:49 PM
Doesn't much matter how the networks spin it; doesn't really matter exactly what Romney and Obama say.

What does matter is the way they comport themselves and connect with people.

So says Carole Simpson, who was the moderator in 1992. I believe her. Biden's answers are not being discussed - his behavior is. Obama's answers are not being discussed - his demeanor is. And it was Obama's demeanor that began the sea change toward Mitt.
That sea change will be hard to reverse. Romney would have to fart on camera to really lose. Regardless of how hard Soledad O'Brien tries.

Rockntractor
10-16-2012, 07:54 PM
Romney would have to fart on camera to really lose. Regardless of how hard Soledad O'Brien tries.

Farting on camera would show his humanity and connect him with the working man.

ABC in Georgia
10-16-2012, 08:04 PM
Romney would have to fart on camera to really lose.

Ha! Ha! ha!

Oh Mercy ...

Best post of the day, Starbuck! :thumbsup:

Elspeth
10-16-2012, 08:16 PM
Places to watch online:

http://www.tv.com/news/watch-tonights-presidential-debate-online-right-here-video-29838/
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/live
http://www.hulu.com/live?current_id=71
http://debates.aol.com/

Are these the only places livestreaming?

Hawkgirl
10-16-2012, 08:19 PM
Are these the only places livestreaming?

I usually watch it on Foxnews.com CNN also streams it.

SarasotaRepub
10-16-2012, 08:55 PM
Just about time!!! Ooops!!! oBAMA has been declared the winner!!!! :redface:

djones520
10-16-2012, 09:10 PM
I'm not getting a good vibe on either so far... Obama went way off point in his first response. Romney didn't even answer the redirected question.

NJCardFan
10-16-2012, 09:18 PM
Romney owning Obama on energy. Threw the pipeline in his face but I want to hear him throw Solyndra and A123 back at him.

djones520
10-16-2012, 09:21 PM
That was a bit scrappy right there.

Janice
10-16-2012, 09:23 PM
I luv it. I hope Romney keeps getting in Barrys lying face. You can see it getting under his skin. :biggrin-new:

djones520
10-16-2012, 09:23 PM
She did give Obama a whole extra segment right there.... wtf?

NJCardFan
10-16-2012, 09:32 PM
Obama, interrupting. And showing his ignorance between capital gains taxes and income taxes. Romney doesn't work, he lives off of his investments hence the taxes he pays a capital gains tax. Obama either is ignorant of that fact or is deliberately lying.

patriot45
10-16-2012, 09:45 PM
When its Romney's turn they show the clock behind him but not the stinkin 0!

djones520
10-16-2012, 09:49 PM
There will definitely be a big disparity in time in the Presidents favor tonight. That whole extra segment of speaking time she gave him probably alone gave him 90 seconds more talking time.

SarasotaRepub
10-16-2012, 09:51 PM
WOO HOO!!! BDS rears it's head!!!:rolleyes:

Janice
10-16-2012, 09:51 PM
Lying liers need lots of time ...

Esp the President of liars.

djones520
10-16-2012, 09:52 PM
WOO HOO!!! BDS rears it's head!!!:rolleyes:

I think it was a good question, and Romney answered it very well. The Presidents campaign has been trying to paint him a repeat of the same policies, and he directly challenged that right there. So that's good.

NJCardFan
10-16-2012, 09:52 PM
Obama getting the last word on all but 1 question. Nice moderating there Candy.

djones520
10-16-2012, 09:54 PM
Obama getting the last word on all but 1 question. Nice moderating there Candy.

She has been a train wreck...

SarasotaRepub
10-16-2012, 09:56 PM
Energy Of The Future!!!!!

Gotta love that!!!!!:biggrin-new:

djones520
10-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Romney just slaughtered him on this question. Just ticked off a giant list of the Presidents failures, great great move.

Elspeth
10-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Anyone getting Obama's goofball look as he's listening to Romney?

Janice
10-16-2012, 09:59 PM
Yeah... go back and have a seat jug ears. :biggrin-new:

Rockntractor
10-16-2012, 09:59 PM
The DNC could not have picked these questions and moderated this debate better themselves.

SarasotaRepub
10-16-2012, 10:06 PM
The DNC could not have picked these questions and moderated this debate better themselves.

Come on Rock, this whole thing is a trap by KKKarl Rove!!!! :rolleyes:

djones520
10-16-2012, 10:07 PM
"Have you looked at your pension?" BURN!!!! :biggrin-new:

SarasotaRepub
10-16-2012, 10:07 PM
Romney got him good on the investment thing just now...

NJCardFan
10-16-2012, 10:09 PM
NICE! ROMNEY THROW OBAMA'S OWN PENSION IN HIS FACE AND HE TOO HAS INVESTMENTS IN CHINESE COMPANIES!!! Now that was a haymaker that rocks Obama. Explain that liberals!(btw, I saw this fact today and was hoping he brought it up)

djones520
10-16-2012, 10:13 PM
I was wondering how Romney was going to play this question. Bringin out that the President was doing fund raisers the day after the attack was the way to go.

NJCardFan
10-16-2012, 10:15 PM
Romney is kicking Obama's ass right now.

djones520
10-16-2012, 10:16 PM
The President just stepped in it there. I checked the transcript from two differant sources, there was no mention of terror. Maybe I'm missing something...

Edit: Sorry, he said "No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve...." Only mention of it.

SarasotaRepub
10-16-2012, 10:17 PM
What a lying sack of shit...oBAMA is really scum.

djones520
10-16-2012, 10:20 PM
And now on the record for wanting to reeinstate an assault weapons ban.

Swampfox
10-16-2012, 10:21 PM
I thought Romney was weak on attacking Obama on Benghazi, but otherwise is doing well.

djones520
10-16-2012, 10:26 PM
I'm giving Romney a very slight edge on this one. Obama had a bit more spunk in his step this time, rose to the challenge a lot better then the last time. Romney gained big points on attacking Obama's record though.

Bailey
10-16-2012, 10:32 PM
I'm giving Romney a very slight edge on this one. Obama had a bit more spunk in his step this time, rose to the challenge a lot better then the last time. Romney gained big points on attacking Obama's record though.

Are you nuts? Romney kicked his ass, just used his record against him

patriot45
10-16-2012, 10:32 PM
Romney is kicking Obama's ass right now.

0bama has been on his heels all nite! He just said "when I was president" !!!!

patriot45
10-16-2012, 10:35 PM
0bamama is the wizard of OZ! Pay no attention to the last 4 years!

SarasotaRepub
10-16-2012, 10:37 PM
oBAMA and his "Advanced Manufacturing" He does realize that's done by robots...right???

patriot45
10-16-2012, 10:39 PM
I just hadda wait till just now to do a shot, actually 2 shots!! He just said fair share twice!!! Burp!

Elspeth
10-16-2012, 10:39 PM
oBAMA and his "Advanced Manufacturing" He does realize that's done by robots...right???

Good point!

Bailey
10-16-2012, 10:42 PM
I think Romney had a solid win, what say you guys?

Apocalypse
10-16-2012, 10:42 PM
Did Obama seriously claim that lower gas prices are a symptom of a collapsing economy?

Janice
10-16-2012, 10:43 PM
Hey look. Theres the wookie who just the other day proclaimed our economy is booming again.

Rockntractor
10-16-2012, 10:45 PM
I think Romney had a solid win, what say you guys?

It wasn't a solid enough win to prevent the alphabet networks from spinning it in Obama's favor.

patriot45
10-16-2012, 10:47 PM
Even Brit Hume is being silly.

djones520
10-16-2012, 10:53 PM
Fox had the numbers up. Obama spoke for 43 minutes and Romney for 40 minutes. So between the two debates, Obama has now had 6 more minutes of speaking time.

Hubie
10-16-2012, 10:53 PM
Did Obama seriously claim that lower gas prices are a symptom of a collapsing economy?

With a straight face.

SarasotaRepub
10-16-2012, 10:59 PM

Yeah, SLW and I both looked at each other when he spewed that gem...

Bailey
10-16-2012, 11:00 PM
I love how Romney said "if your energy policy is so good why is energy so hi"

SaintLouieWoman
10-16-2012, 11:06 PM
Obama lied through his teeth throughout the debate. And did anyone catch his smirks when Romney was talking? It wasn't as manic as Biden's, but it was there.

Obama just looked like the nasty person he is----definitely not likeable. Plus he's a spoiled brat, insisting that he's deserving of more time. He did the most interrupting and was rude.

Can't wait to not have to see his face anymore or listen to that voice. Ugh.

Bailey
10-16-2012, 11:06 PM
How could this be any worse then a draw?

SarasotaRepub
10-16-2012, 11:07 PM
I would give the debate to Romney but not by much. He should have nailed oBAMA on Libya till he cried uncle, he didn't go for the jugular and that was an error.

Odysseus
10-16-2012, 11:11 PM

Yep. He's going to pay for that one in the next couple of weeks.

A few observations:

Obama was far more polished this time around. Apparently, somebody mixed his meds with Biden's and came up with a happy medium. He came off as more confident, and made eye contact. On the style of the presentation, it was more even than the first debate. Romney came across as cool, sometimes too cool, but knowledgeable and capable. On the content...

Both sides repeated their major positions, but Obama had the disadvantage of having to explain just what he was doing for the last four years, and when confronted with the facts, he lied. The obvious whoppers were his claims about increased drilling for gas and oil, his inaction on immigration, the aforementioned claim about gas prices and his response to Benghazi. These will be fodder for ads for the next three weeks.

Crowley's performance was a clear demonstration of media bias. On Benghazi, she actually repeated Obama's (false) talking point about calling it a terrorist act in the Rose Garden, and shifted from moderator to debater. It was utter BS, and will be discussed quite a bit in the next few days.

Given the level of cluelessness among undecided voters, this debate won't have advanced either side much, but it did further dispel most of the attack memes of the Obama campaign regarding Romney, and demonstrated that even against an aggressive, animated Obama, he could hold his own without being being unsympathetic. I'd call this a win for Romney, but not a huge one.

Rockntractor
10-16-2012, 11:16 PM
I expect Obama to find a group of obscure Libyans, kill them and the claim he has killed the perpetrators of the crime in Benghazi, this will have to be done soon, and will save his ass on this issue.

patriot45
10-16-2012, 11:17 PM
All I know is that who ever wins will inheret the worst economy in 4 years!

patriot45
10-16-2012, 11:18 PM
I expect Obama to find a group of obscure Libyans, kill them and the claim he has killed the perpetrators of the crime in Benghazi, this will have to be done soon, and will save his ass on this issue.

It can be done in hollywood!

MountainMan
10-16-2012, 11:19 PM
This one was a tie. The only two things that came out of this debate was that Obama has definitely secured the "angry black male" vote and that Candy Crowley's bias was on full display when she helped bail out Obama on Libya and Fast and Furious.

Rockntractor
10-16-2012, 11:20 PM
It can be done in hollywood!

You have a point, it probably wouldn't even have to be an actual event would it, they could just do a quick movie.

SaintLouieWoman
10-16-2012, 11:23 PM
I've been watching Frank Luntz's focus groups for some time. After the first debate, I was struck with the number of people who said they were moved to vote for Romney. Shortly after that, the polling did show a decided swing toward Romney.

Folks here seem to think this debate has been a draw. I've been sitting in our "computer room", posting and sort of listening to Luntz's focus group this time. I thought maybe it was a rerun from debate #1, but it's live comment.

Most of the people on that focus group were independents or former Obama voters. Of the entire group, only two relatively dim women spouted off the old crap about Romney taking away their rights as women. But almost everyone else said that they were tired of Obama's lies and although they had voted for Obama before. have made up their mind to vote for Romney.

I think Romney did a lot better than anyone thought. It's too easy to fact check Obama's blatant lies. The consensus of the focus group was that Obama was too defensive and couldn't answer the unanswerable. I think there will be more movement toward Romney.

We can't afford another 4 years of the failed Prince of Liars.

patriot45
10-16-2012, 11:25 PM
This one was a tie. The only two things that came out of this debate was that Obama has definitely secured the "angry black male" vote and that Candy Crowley's bias was on full display when she helped bail out Obama on Libya and Fast and Furious.

I don't think so. Obama was actually proud of his failures. He really wants to double down. Crowley was baaad! And I wasn't kidding, they kept the clock behind Romney and when the 0 was up the second that clock was visible they changed cameras... or maybe I'm just drunk! :evil-grin:

patriot45
10-16-2012, 11:26 PM
I've been watching Frank Luntz's focus groups for some time. After the first debate, I was struck with the number of people who said they were moved to vote for Romney. Shortly after that, the polling did show a decided swing toward Romney.

Folks here seem to think this debate has been a draw. I've been sitting in our "computer room", posting and sort of listening to Luntz's focus group this time. I thought maybe it was a rerun from debate #1, but it's live comment.

Most of the people on that focus group were independents or former Obama voters. Of the entire group, only two relatively dim women spouted off the old crap about Romney taking away their rights as women. But almost everyone else said that they were tired of Obama's lies and although they had voted for Obama before. have made up their mind to vote for Romney.

I think Romney did a lot better than anyone thought. It's too easy to fact check Obama's blatant lies. The consensus of the focus group was that Obama was too defensive and couldn't answer the unanswerable. I think there will be more movement toward Romney.

We can't afford another 4 years of the failed Prince of Liars.

One guy even cursed!!!

NJCardFan
10-16-2012, 11:28 PM

Yes.

Rockntractor
10-16-2012, 11:29 PM
Did anyone see the picture on Drudge, Obama is eying Romney's backside like a ... etc.
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/2012-10-17T020326Z_119531130_GM1E8A.jpg

patriot45
10-16-2012, 11:30 PM
When that moron college kid Jeremy asked how he will get a job after college I really wish Romney woulda asked.... well what are you studying in school!!!!!
The answer wouldn't have been pretty, something like liberal arts...womanzzz studies or lgbtuvwxyz studies. Instant job! Doh!

Apocalypse
10-16-2012, 11:35 PM
Pick of the debate.

http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/oc.jpg

djones520
10-16-2012, 11:38 PM
CNN Poll has it 46% Obama, 39% Romney with 4.5% margin of error.

Apocalypse
10-16-2012, 11:42 PM
CNN Poll has it 46% Obama, 39% Romney with 4.5% margin of error.

They rebooted that poll three times so far.

Want to trust it?

NJCardFan
10-16-2012, 11:44 PM
Pick of the debate.

http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/oc.jpg

That's a little unfair. This was obviously taken when the 2 candidates first took the stage.

patriot45
10-16-2012, 11:51 PM
That's a little unfair. This was obviously taken when the 2 candidates first took the stage.

What, no halo!!!

NJCardFan
10-16-2012, 11:58 PM
Crowley admits she was wrong in CNN interview with Anderson Cooper. And the MSM will follow up on this, right? :friendly_wink:

ABC in Georgia
10-16-2012, 11:59 PM
Oh Rats!

I have to agree with those in here who called it a tie.

It did prove one thing however ... and that was that Obama can lie just as well off teleprompter, as he can on one!

Rockntractor
10-17-2012, 12:04 AM
If we are going to continue this game of only liberal moderators every election it should be more honest. perhaps we could hold these debates at the Democrat national convention and the Dem could wear leather or armor and the Republic could enter the ring wearing nothing but a loin cloth, the moderator could yell silence and use a whip if the Republican contender was damaging their nominee too much.

patriot45
10-17-2012, 12:08 AM
If we are going to continue this game of only liberal moderators every election it should be more honest. perhaps we could hold these debates at the Democrat national convention and the Dem could wear leather or armor and the Republic could enter the ring wearing nothing but a loin cloth, the moderator could yell silence and use a whip if the Republican contender was damaging their nominee too much.

Thats how it seems now!

I don't call it a tie, Romney was the better man.

ABC in Georgia
10-17-2012, 12:15 AM
Did anyone see the picture on Drudge, Obama is eying Romney's backside ... etc.

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/2012-10-17T020326Z_119531130_GM1E8A.jpg[/QUOTE]

Gotta ask ...

Just what is it about Romney's derriere that photographers find so interesting to snap pics of folks "supposedly" staring at it?

Do they actually think that it makes *Romney* look foolish ... instead of themselves?

Odysseus
10-17-2012, 12:20 AM

Actually, the "angry black male" was the guy who demanded to know why he should vote for Obama again. I don't think that he got an answer that would have swayed him.

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/2012-10-17T020326Z_119531130_GM1E8A.jpg

Gotta ask ...

Just what is it about Romney's derriere that photographers find so interesting to snap pics of folks "supposedly" staring at it?

Do they actually think that it makes *Romney* look foolish ... instead of themselves?[/QUOTE]

They're so busy covering Obama's ass that they've forgotten what one looks like.

ABC in Georgia
10-17-2012, 12:21 AM

How about throwing in a lion or two as well, just for good measure?

What gets me, is why the Romney folks agreed to it in the first place.

Rockntractor
10-17-2012, 12:25 AM
How about throwing in a lion or two as well, just for good measure?

What gets me, is why the Romney folks agreed to it in the first place.

They don't even make an honest attempt to hide their bias anymore.

Elspeth
10-17-2012, 12:26 AM
Candy Crowley was out of line fact checking Romney and then being WRONG to boot.

Obama was weak on the facts (as usual) but clearly someone told him to stay awake and look like he was interested in engaging Romney. The MSM is giving him points for just staying awake, I think.

ABC in Georgia
10-17-2012, 12:51 AM
They're so busy covering Obama's ass that they've forgotten what one looks like.

... :biggrin-new:

"Oh well, tomorrow is another day!" and Obama will be up to his own ass in deep doo-doo once again for something or other no doubt!

On that note, am outta here. 'Night all!

txradioguy
10-17-2012, 04:37 AM
Are you nuts? Romney kicked his ass, just used his record against him

If someone like Ron Fournier (former D.C. bureau chief for AP) says the debate was a "tie" you KNOW Romney won.

txradioguy
10-17-2012, 04:39 AM
Candy Crowley was out of line fact checking Romney and then being WRONG to boot.

She even admitted she was wrong on the post debate wrap up.

Bailey
10-17-2012, 06:14 AM
I KNEW IT, I knew the MSM would give that debate to obama, while I admit he did better then his last debate by no means did he win. At the very worst he tied Romney and I wont go that far. I hope the MSM doesn't hurt Romney's chances :(

Molon Labe
10-17-2012, 07:32 AM
I don't see how anyone could see anything other than that Romney came out the winner. Obama's biggest weakness this go around is that he now has a RECORD he has to defend. He looked comfortable in 08' because he was a salesman. Now he's got a history and when you call him out on it, he looks VERRRRRY uncomfortable.

Bailey
10-17-2012, 07:58 AM
I don't see how anyone could see anything other than that Romney came out the winner. Obama's biggest weakness this go around is that he now has a RECORD he has to defend. He looked comfortable in 08' because he was a salesman. Now he's got a history and when you call him out on it, he looks VERRRRRY uncomfortable.

I agree with you, I wont be a total partisan and say he didn't do better this time around but you have to give the edge to Romney, he came out and did as good if not better then last time. Again I would like to ask the Romney camp why they couldn't get at least one Conservative moderator

Bailey
10-17-2012, 08:00 AM
Am I too partisan to see a obama victory? For the life of me I didn't see that.

txradioguy
10-17-2012, 08:03 AM
Am I too partisan to see a obama victory? For the life of me I didn't see that.

You're not the only one:

Charles Krauthammer and his followers today are wrong..

by Mark Levin on Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Charles Krauthammer and his followers today are wrong. Obama did not win the debate on points or edge out Romney. Based on what?

Obama could not defend his awful record, which Romney repeatedly hammered. In fact, Obama lied about his supposed role in increasing oil and gas production. He lied about creating jobs. He lied about Romney's position on women's access to health care. Does that give Obama the edge?

Obama sounded like a fool on the terrorist attack on Libya. Candy Crowley tried to rescue him with her own dishonest statement and intervention. But Romney nailed Obama. In fact, Obama's false assertion and Crowley's abuse of her role are the big topics of discussion this morning.

And Obama was often angry and disregarded the rules and the clock.

So, on what basis did Obama edge out Romney? This debate changes nothing and Obama is stuck with his record.

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/notes/mark-levin/charles-krauthammer-and-his-followers-today-are-wrong/10151064875820946

Bailey
10-17-2012, 08:42 AM
You're not the only one:

Charles Krauthammer and his followers today are wrong..

by Mark Levin on Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Charles Krauthammer and his followers today are wrong. Obama did not win the debate on points or edge out Romney. Based on what?

Obama could not defend his awful record, which Romney repeatedly hammered. In fact, Obama lied about his supposed role in increasing oil and gas production. He lied about creating jobs. He lied about Romney's position on women's access to health care. Does that give Obama the edge?

Obama sounded like a fool on the terrorist attack on Libya. Candy Crowley tried to rescue him with her own dishonest statement and intervention. But Romney nailed Obama. In fact, Obama's false assertion and Crowley's abuse of her role are the big topics of discussion this morning.

And Obama was often angry and disregarded the rules and the clock.

So, on what basis did Obama edge out Romney? This debate changes nothing and Obama is stuck with his record.

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/notes/mark-levin/charles-krauthammer-and-his-followers-today-are-wrong/10151064875820946

I agree obama came out and fought better then the last debate (not very hard to do considering his performance)

SaintLouieWoman
10-17-2012, 08:56 AM
On its website, MSN said that Obama won, particularly on the Libya portion. That is unbelievable how they can lie with a straight face.

Rove said last night that Romney won, that Obama might have scored a few points, but overall lost the real discussion. I'm hoping that people rebel against the utter lying of the other side.

linda22003
10-17-2012, 09:15 AM
I thought they both did much better last night than the first time. It was energetic and fast paced, and I would happily have watched another hour if it had continued that long.

And "Binders Full of Women" is a great name for an all-chick rock band.

m00
10-17-2012, 09:40 AM
When that moron college kid Jeremy asked how he will get a job after college I really wish Romney woulda asked.... well what are you studying in school!!!!!
The answer wouldn't have been pretty, something like liberal arts...womanzzz studies or lgbtuvwxyz studies. Instant job! Doh!

Yeah, I was thinking that. I bet Romney was thinking that.

Romney: "What are you studying right now?"
Student: "Bisexual Asian Studies. What are you going to do to make sure I have a job when I graduate?!"
Romney: "..."

m00
10-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Most annoying thing to me is how much Obama (and the media) is wrong. Like I listen and want to yell at my computer. Like the GM/managed bankruptcy thing.

Novaheart
10-17-2012, 11:03 AM

I came up with an idea to address robotics. Corporations have to pay SS and Medicare tax on robots at the rate they would similar work-output by a human.

m00
10-17-2012, 11:14 AM
I came up with an idea to address robotics. Corporations have to pay SS and Medicare tax on robots at the rate they would similar work-output by a human.

Yeah that's all we need. Giving them rights is just a slippery slope to gay robot marriage.

Novaheart
10-17-2012, 11:15 AM

Jeremy Epstein is studying exercise science at Adelphi University which apparently is a prerequisite for being a Physical Therapist. I"ve known a couple of people with degrees in exercise physiology who went on to be an RN/NP.

Novaheart
10-17-2012, 11:24 AM
Yeah that's all we need. Giving them rights is just a slippery slope to gay robot marriage.

When I was a kid, I wanted a video phone watch like Dick Tracy had. I now have something that while not being a video phone watch, is pretty damned close and does things that Dick Tracy couldn't have imagined (albeit imagining the watch was rather prophetic). Something on the order of Commander Data cannot be that far off. And when we get sex robots a lot of emotional BS will come to a screeching halt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aopdD9Cu-So

m00
10-17-2012, 11:36 AM
And when we get sex robots a lot of emotional BS will come to a screeching halt.

We had sex robots two thousand years ago. They were called slaves.

Elspeth
10-17-2012, 11:56 AM
And when we get sex robots a lot of emotional BS will come to a screeching halt.

You guys are behind the curve: According to a pair of New Zealand researchers, sex robots are the future of prostitution. (http://tv.ibtimes.com/sex-robots-new-study-says-prostitution-about-get-makeover-3942)

NJCardFan
10-17-2012, 12:13 PM
Jeremy Epstein is studying exercise science at Adelphi University which apparently is a prerequisite for being a Physical Therapist. I"ve known a couple of people with degrees in exercise physiology who went on to be an RN/NP.

If that's the case then he's the last one that has to worry about getting a job. There's always going to be jobs in the medical field.

Novaheart
10-17-2012, 12:17 PM
If that's the case then he's the last one that has to worry about getting a job. There's always going to be jobs in the medical field.

Well, in all fairness, if you believed that these were "undecided voters" then the questions were sincere. Seriously, who thought that having a bunch of New Yorkers mangling the English language was the best debate format?

NJCardFan
10-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Something on the order of Commander Data cannot be that far off. And when we get sex robots a lot of emotional BS will come to a screeching halt.

Data was unique in that only Soong had the design to build an android like Data or Lore. Even Data couldn't replicate the design when he created Lal. As for sex robots, see the movie Cherry 2000 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_2000).

noonwitch
10-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Data was unique in that only Soong had the design to build an android like Data or Lore. Even Data couldn't replicate the design when he created Lal. As for sex robots, see the movie Cherry 2000 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_2000).

Or Spielberg's AI. If male sexbots look like Jude Law...well, let's just say that men could find themselves replaceable in every way except their contribution to procreation. If we can train robots to sexually please us, we can also program them to fix our cars, repair small household appliances and cut the grass, too.

Which is exactly what my grandfather used to accuse us feminists of-planning to kill off all the men except for a few that we keep in cages to procreate with. I told him of course you, being genetically superior to most men, are going to be one of those guys in the cages.

txradioguy
10-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Well, in all fairness, if you believed that these were "undecided voters" then the questions were sincere. Seriously, who thought that having a bunch of New Yorkers mangling the English language was the best debate format?

The same political geniuses that you support from the same political party you are a slave to.

Elspeth
10-17-2012, 01:17 PM
Or Spielberg's AI. If male sexbots look like Jude Law...well, let's just say that men could find themselves replaceable in every way except their contribution to procreation. If we can train robots to sexually please us, we can also program them to fix our cars, repair small household appliances and cut the grass, too.

Wow. I think you've just described heaven.

My sexbot will never demand the TV remote...EVER. :)

ABC in Georgia
10-17-2012, 01:26 PM
If we can train robots to sexually please us, we can also program them to fix our cars, repair small household appliances and cut the grass, too.

Not quite robotic ... but along the same lines as what you suggested above, only is for men.

Old joke about a man who steps up to a machine in a mall ... puts in 2 quarters, unzips his trousers, stands there for a minute or so, zips up again, steps down, and walks away with a satisfied smile on his face.

Another man, then runs up to the machine, all excited, puts in his money, unzips his pants, stands there, emits a blood-curdling scream ... and painfully stumbles away with a button neatly sewn on to the end of his penis.

Rockntractor
10-17-2012, 01:50 PM
Not quite robotic ... but along the same lines as what you suggested above, only is for men.

Old joke about a man who steps up to a machine in a mall ... puts in 2 quarters, unzips his trousers, stands there for a minute or so, zips up again, steps down, and walks away with a satisfied smile on his face.

Another man, then runs up to the machine, all excited, puts in his money, unzips his pants, stands there, emits a blood-curdling scream ... and painfully stumbles away with a button neatly sewn on to the end of his penis.

Nova would put 50 cents more in for another button.

Odysseus
10-17-2012, 05:09 PM
I thought they both did much better last night than the first time. It was energetic and fast paced, and I would happily have watched another hour if it had continued that long.

And "Binders Full of Women" is a great name for an all-chick rock band.

Wasn't that the name of the Democratic National Convention Program?

Yeah, I was thinking that. I bet Romney was thinking that.

Romney: "What are you studying right now?"
Student: "Bisexual Asian Studies. What are you going to do to make sure I have a job when I graduate?!"
Romney: "..."

Bisexual Asian Studies majors can have lucrative careers in porn, provided that they are hot, bisexual Asians.

Yes, y'all do a much better job on the English language down south, y'heah me?

SaintLouieWoman
10-17-2012, 05:24 PM
Especially in Florida, the great waiting room.

Sad today that talked to a young man who was an intern here, with a degree in marine biology. He can't find a job anywhere, although he does have that degree. He seems to be a bright young guy, but in a field that all the kids love, but few jobs. If the economy were better, he'd have more of a chance. Most of the nonprofits are being hit hard.

ABC in Georgia
10-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Bisexual Asian Studies majors can have lucrative careers in porn, provided that they are hot, bisexual Asians.

Googling stats on "hot bisexual Asians " in porn industry! ... :biggrin-new:

Hmmm ... sweet thing!

And here I have been thinking all along, that since I was *born* in England and am very familiar with the language and how to use it ... that I was doing my best as only a 4 year resident of the south ... to help to bring the standards up!!! :biggrin-new:

Only joking southern-born folks in here!

Hawkgirl
10-17-2012, 09:37 PM

Wrong, the medical field is changing fast thanks to Obamacare. While some experienced nurses can still find jobs...it's not the industry it once was. It's nearly impossible to find a job if you are anything other than a nurse. I've been in the field for more than 20 years and I have never seen it this bad.

Hawkgirl
10-17-2012, 09:41 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/15ogdcm.jpg

Odysseus
10-17-2012, 10:34 PM
Googling stats on "hot bisexual Asians " in porn industry! ... :biggrin-new:

Googling hot bisexual Asians in porn will make you go blind. :friendly_wink:

Hmmm ... sweet thing!

And here I have been thinking all along, that since I was *born* in England and am very familiar with the language and how to use it ... that I was doing my best as only a 4 year resident of the south ... to help to bring the standards up!!! :biggrin-new:

Only joking southern-born folks in here!

I lived in Texas for four wonderful years, and discovered that there are certain similarities between NooYawkese and Texan. For example, the plural for "you" in Texas is "Y'all", while in New York, it's "Youse". :evil-grin:

http://i50.tinypic.com/15ogdcm.jpg

The look on Obama's face is priceless.

ABC in Georgia
10-17-2012, 11:51 PM
I lived in Texas for four wonderful years, and discovered that there are certain similarities between NooYawkese and Texan. For example, the plural for "you" in Texas is "Y'all", while in New York, it's "Youse". :evil-grin:

Well,Golly Gee ...

Mr. Ody, darlin', you handsome ol' hunk of a Colonel, you!

You done made mah little ol' heart go pitty-pat, by answerin' me back like you did.

And now, ah plumb forget what ah came in to say!

(Oh my, did I really submit this foolish post? *Blush!* Whatever was in that freebie sample of Hills Bros French Vanilla Cappuccino that I got in the mail today?)

And I still forget what I came in to say!

Hawkgirl
10-18-2012, 12:17 AM
Well,Golly Gee ...

You done made mah little ol' heart go pitty-pat, by answerin' me back like you did.

(Oh my, did I really submit this foolish post? *Blush!* Whatever was in that freebie sample of Hills Bros French Vanilla Cappuccino that I got in the mail today?)

You are highly inappropriate ABC, flirting with the boss like that...:evil-grin:

(I need to take my own advice, starting a thread in Gal Forum soon):cold:

Molon Labe
10-18-2012, 10:31 AM
http://uberhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/bGT1e.jpg

That is great.

Novaheart
10-18-2012, 10:59 AM

We know from the phonetic writings in less than standardized English of the 17th century that Southern English is quite close to Elizabethan in usage and pronunciation. Even a great many of the idioms and grammatical peculiarities have survived into our own time in isolated subcultures like Smith Island and Tangier Island, where the accent is almost identical to similar places in England.

New Yorkese, on the other hand, is an amalgam of the immigrant groups which generated the dialect and we see a remarkably similar dialect spoken in a similarly composed immigrant subculture of New Orleans. It is a 19th century concoction.

txradioguy
10-18-2012, 12:12 PM
We know from the phonetic writings in less than standardized English of the 17th century that Southern English is quite close to Elizabethan in usage and pronunciation. Even a great many of the idioms and grammatical peculiarities have survived into our own time in isolated subcultures like Smith Island and Tangier Island, where the accent is almost identical to similar places in England.

New Yorkese, on the other hand, is an amalgam of the immigrant groups which generated the dialect and we see a remarkably similar dialect spoken in a similarly composed immigrant subculture of New Orleans. It is a 19th century concoction.

I was told flat out by my Aussie counterparts last year that THEY speak the "Queens English"...WE speak "American". :smile-new:

Odysseus
10-18-2012, 04:05 PM
Well,Golly Gee ...

Aw, shucks, ma'am... 'tweren't nothin'.

http://www.colourbox.com/preview/3692397-141020-shy-emoticon.jpg

You are highly inappropriate ABC, flirting with the boss like that...:evil-grin:

(I need to take my own advice, starting a thread in Gal Forum soon):cold:

In all fairness, she and I don't work anywhere near each other. :evil-grin:

So, what you are saying is that Southern English remains as inbred as southern families, while New York English has benefited from exposure to other cultures? :evil-grin: