PDA

View Full Version : Is it really necessary to establish a commission to find qualified women as if

Carol
10-17-2012, 03:32 AM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021562473)

Guy Whitey Corngood (13,966 posts)

Is it really necessary to establish a commission to find qualified women as if

they're some kind of mysterious mythical unicorns or some shit? It's like he was running all over town and nothing. He just couldn't find one. Imagine that.

Hmmm...so it's not important to research the individuals background and training before interviewing or hiring them? I guess they advocated doing lt like Democrats do....simply by cronyism and not by being qualified for the position.

Oh, wait..........

Guy Whitey Corngood (13,966 posts)

7. I know. I just fin it amazing that something so simple is

suddenly this monumental undertaking on his part. Is he seriously saying he hadn't met any qualified women in all his travels or even in his own family? Shit! Even nepotism would have sounded better than his inability to find a talented woman in less than oh I don't know...... 8 hours. That is how they expect it to be done.

ChoppinBroccoli (1,843 posts)

2. I Find It Interesting That Rmoney Came Out In Favor Of Affirmative Action For Women

Isn't that the horror story that anti-Affirmative Action folks (also known as "racists") trot out every time? Qualified people being passed over simply because they're the wrong (in this case) sex? Pardon me if I'm wrong, but isn't Rmoney refusing to hire qualified men because he wanted to hire women EXACTLY what Affirmative Action is?
NO. Affirmative action is not hiring the most qualified person and hiring a LESS qualified person based on their skin color, gender or sexual orientation. No where does Romney say that he hired women who were less qualified just because they were women.

And NO, conservatives are not going to be mad at Romney and desert him about this.

Luminous Animal (15,409 posts)

6. Didn't happen. WOMEN noting that they were woefully under-represented, supplied Romney with

the binder. He made no effort whatsoever.
Romney said that it was a womens group that supplied the binder with what I assume was resumes and bios on the potential appointees and employees. There's nothing that says that Romney wasn't already saying, "why are there only men here, we need to look at qualified women also for the positions and then the womens group gave them the binder.

You can always telll where liberals feel threatened. This "women in binder" has gone viral, in an attempt to discredit Romney. Liberals are saying that they are OFFENDED and INSULTED. If that's all it takes to offend them they shouldn't participate in the political process and isolate themselves in their homes.

Much ado about nothing. Of course when your candidate is "nothing" you have to make something out of nothing to distract from the nothingness.
:rolleyes:

linda22003
10-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Romney was actually talking about affirmative action, whether he realizes it or not.

noonwitch
10-17-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm just trying to get over the weird mental image that I have about the "Binders full of women" comment.

linda22003
10-17-2012, 03:30 PM
I'm just trying to get over the weird mental image that I have about the "Binders full of women" comment.

Those three hole punches HURT. :smile-new:

Zeus
10-17-2012, 05:00 PM
Romney was actually talking about affirmative action, whether he realizes it or not.

As a federal law one can agree with the law or disagree with the law but until it's repealed/amended it's still law and as such one is legally obligated to obey it.

Zathras
10-17-2012, 08:54 PM
Those three hole punches HURT. :smile-new:

Not if you put them in page protectors. :smile-new: