PDA

View Full Version : The right is outraged that Romney was right. Obama didn't say the attack was an act o

Carol
10-17-2012, 03:43 AM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021562880)

Kablooie (8,042 posts)

The right is outraged that Romney was right. Obama didn't say the attack was an act of terror.

What Obama actually said was:

"No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. "

To the right this doesn't fit the criteria because he didn't directly say that "the attack was an act of terror". They apparently think Romney was right because Obama didn't uses that exact phrase.

Moi Brain 'urts.
Moi Brain 'urts.
Yea Kablooie, we know your brain hurts. It hurts because you cannot admit that for 2 (TWO) weeks Obama said SIX times that it wasn't known what had happened (dispite the fact the intellegence community knew within 24 hours it was a terrorist attack) and blamed it on the Mohammed film. He was asked point blank and said, "we don't know if it was a terrorist attack." He not only said it here in the US, but at the UN as well.

Maybe if you actually do some research instead of listening to DU lies you can admit the truth and your head will quit hurting.

Poor baby.

sweetloukillbot (510 posts)

5. This whole thing has confused the hell out of me...

I remember him saying it was terrorism on day one. I remember the Libyan president saying it was terrorism on day one. I remember analysts saying they hit the safe house that people were evacuated to, and that ordinary rioters couldn't know about that location, therefore it was terrorism. I knew it was terrorism immediately. Where did this 14-days meme come from? What was said to contradict those earlier statements?
Was it just because the news focused so much on that stupid video? Because I remember those riots continuing for the next week as well. Sure the news focused on it......because Obama and Rice REPEATEDLY blamed it on riots from the film.

ThePhilosopher04 (453 posts)

10. No, their real outrage ..

is Romney got his nuts cut off in front of the nation and discovered their "gotcha" talking point wasn't true after all. It's really a sad commentary that they would choose to politicize the deaths of four Americans serving our country.
Just wait until the foreign policy debate.

txradioguy
10-17-2012, 04:25 AM
Lurkers...if Obama really did say from day one this was an act of terror...then why the apologize for an alleged movie at the U.N.?

Why the commercials run in Pakistan for the "movie" making them mad?

Why the continued confusion buck passing and finger pointing and who knew what and when?

SarasotaRepub
10-17-2012, 08:22 AM
Lurkers...if Obama really did say from day one this was an act of terror...then why the apologize for an alleged movie at the U.N.?

Why the commercials run in Pakistan for the "movie" making them mad?

Why the continued confusion buck passing and finger pointing and who knew what and when?

How DARE you question "Teh oBAMA"???? If he said it was a certain way then...:rolleyes: :biggrin-new:

txradioguy
10-17-2012, 08:43 AM
How DARE you question "Teh oBAMA"????

It's a gift :cool:

Bailey
10-17-2012, 08:54 AM
I cant go over to the dump today, my blood pressure cant take it, how people are in such denial is beyond me. There is a pic of romney and it said "humiliation", i cant deal with such stupidity this early

SarasotaRepub
10-17-2012, 09:07 AM
I cant go over to the dump today, my blood pressure cant take it, how people are in such denial is beyond me. There is a pic of romney and it said "humiliation", i cant deal with such stupidity this early

They vote too. :blue:

Elspeth
10-17-2012, 11:45 AM
Obama's speech--and its general reference to terrorism (not specific to the Libya attack)--was to create plausible deniability. It is a typical political speech in that regard: it allows a politician to both claim that he did say something and that he didn't. It works on the notion that, at the sentence level, no overt declaration was made equating the events in Libya with a terrorist attack, while at the rhetorical level, statements are juxtaposed so that they appear related. Slipping in a general sentence about terrorism relates the situation in Libya to terrorism without making any real statement one way or the other. The conclusion is in the mind of the beholder, and it is possible that Candy Crowley (and others) may have created the final connections in their own minds but believe that Obama really made a definitive statement when he didn't.

Zathras
10-17-2012, 08:51 PM
To any lurking DUmmys, answer me this truthfully...if you can that is. If Obama did indeed specifically call the attack on the consulate in Bengazzi a terrorist attack the day after it happened, then why did he and others of his administration blame it on a YouTube video in various locations for 16 days after 09-11-12 when it was known pretty much right away though our intelligence people that it was an organized and executed terrorist attack?