PDA

View Full Version : ROMNEY GAFFE #1

SarasotaRepub
10-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Pitt makes a fool of himself...again (http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021554422) :biggrin-new:

Tue Oct 16, 2012, 09:29 PM
WilliamPitt

ROMNEY GAFFE #1

Dodges the middle class loopholes question, and tells the lady that his plan will mean she won't have to pay taxes on capital gains, dividends, and savings.

WHO THE FUCK HAS THAT SHIT besides rich people??? In this economy??? After the last four years???

Epic tin ear.

Pass it on.

William you ignorant slut!!! What a fucking moron. Hey Will, why don't you ask fellow DUmmie CaliforniaPeggy?

And as I recall...aren't YOU a semi-rich widdle trust-fund baby??? Or did you drink it all away??? What a dolt.

Apache
10-17-2012, 08:26 PM
Pitt makes a fool of himself...again (http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021554422) :biggrin-new:

William you ignorant slut!!! What a fucking moron. Hey Will, why don't you ask fellow DUmmie CaliforniaPeggy?

And as I recall...aren't YOU a semi-rich widdle trust-fund baby??? Or did you drink it all away??? What a dolt.

zactly, SR...

They don't get it....

Zathras
10-17-2012, 08:53 PM
zactly, SR...

They don't get it....

And never will.

byte.speed
10-17-2012, 08:55 PM
Pitt makes a fool of himself...again (http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021554422)
ROMNEY GAFFE #1

Dodges the middle class loopholes question, and tells the lady that his plan will mean she won't have to pay taxes on capital gains, dividends, and savings.

WHO THE FUCK HAS THAT SHIT besides rich people??? In this economy??? After the last four years???

Epic tin ear.

Pass it on..

Damned Bush economy.

JB
10-17-2012, 09:02 PM
After the last four years???Exactly, you dolt.

A person doesn't have savings? If you are in any kind of position to invest in a 401(k) at the office, you should take it. I imagine there are plenty of DUers that have 401k(s), I really pity this nation if they don't. It's free money. I know they like to spend other people's money so maybe investing to get money is foreign to them.

Hubie
10-17-2012, 11:34 PM
So.... That's one gaffe (allegedly) for Romney so far and about a bazillion for Obama. "Rmoney" is legs. This has toast.

NJCardFan
10-18-2012, 01:50 AM
News to Pitt. A woman in Lunz's focus group said she is voting for Romney based on this alone. She can't be the only one.

Elspeth
10-18-2012, 01:53 AM
I recall this statement by Romney and thought, "yay! I won't have to pay tax on my CDs".

I guess I'm not middle class??

Wibbins
10-18-2012, 09:27 AM
I guess they've never listened to dave ramsey.

m00
10-18-2012, 09:44 AM
Exactly, you dolt.

A person doesn't have savings? If you are in any kind of position to invest in a 401(k) at the office, you should take it. I imagine there are plenty of DUers that have 401k(s), I really pity this nation if they don't. It's free money. I know they like to spend other people's money so maybe investing to get money is foreign to them.

Well, it's free money unless the 401k is invested in a mutual fund that tanks. Speaking personally, I was primarily invested in two funds that seemed pretty gold-plated (modest risk, modest return) that were well-known names. And then *both* companies ended up under SEC investigation during the crisis for some extremely illegal practices, and I lost a great deal of money. Not due to investor risk, but due to fraud.

SarasotaRepub
10-18-2012, 10:00 AM
Well, it's free money unless the 401k is invested in a mutual fund that tanks. Speaking personally, I was primarily invested in two funds that seemed pretty gold-plated (modest risk, modest return) that were well-known names. And then *both* companies ended up under SEC investigation during the crisis for some extremely illegal practices, and I lost a great deal of money. Not due to investor risk, but due to fraud.

Crap m00, that is just fracken unlucky!!!

m00
10-18-2012, 10:21 AM
Crap m00, that is just fracken unlucky!!!

Yeah, now what's left of my money sits in a savings account. :frown-new:

Anyway, this is why I have some sympathy for the outrage of the OWS crowd (although, not their actions). Because I guarantee you none of the fraudsters are in jail, and they probably have outrageous sums of money to their name.

Lager
10-18-2012, 09:25 PM
There are a lot of people, especially middle-class, who prefer to be frugal with their money, work hard, and invest in things that pay dividends, interest or capital gains. So Romney's plan has merit. Building modest wealth that way is probably preferable to most people. Maybe not so much in the Pitt's narrow circle, who perhaps prefer some kind of redistribution.
Of course Pitt knows this, but he's playing the game that many non-struggling libs do, fudging the facts so that they can appear to empathize with the poor folk.

There are many safe investments, even in this economy, if one does the research to find them. GNMA funds pay around 3 percent and are pretty safe. Many blue chip stocks are also paying dividends in the 3 to 5 percent range.