PDA

View Full Version : Chavez, Castro, Putin: Four more years!

SarasotaRepub
10-22-2012, 10:32 AM
The latest [dictator] to publicly announce his support for the commander-in-chief’s reelection bid was Venezuela’s Hugo Chavez, who this week assured he’d vote for Obama if he were from the United States. The America-bashing strongman made the announcement on state-owned television, saying “Obama is a good guy” and that if Obama was from Caracas, he’d surely return the favor by voting for Chavez.

Earlier in the year the government-official daughter of Cuban military dictator Raul Castro proclaimed her country’s support for Obama during a visit to the U.S. “I believe that Obama needs another opportunity and he needs greater support to move forward with his projects and with his ideas, which I believe come from the bottom of his heart,” Mariela Castro said during a cable news interview. ...

That brings us to Russia’s Vladimir Putin, who has eliminated most elections in his country, monopolized all major media and destroyed the political party system. ... In a letter to a major newspaper, the president of a group dedicated to expanding freedom around the world points out that under Putin there has been an “across-the-board crackdown on civil society.” The piece goes on to ask: “Will Obama stand up against Putin’s abuses?” Unlikely, now that the Russian dictator has extended his endorsement.

Read more: http://times247.com/articles/obama-receives-endorsements-from-three-dictators#ixzz2A2RRlVHg

GOBAMA!!!!

djones520
10-22-2012, 10:49 AM
I'd expect Romney to bring this up as a zinger tonight.

LukeEDay
10-22-2012, 11:30 AM
If Romney doesn't bring this up, he is stupid.

Elspeth
10-22-2012, 11:49 AM
In all fairness, these guys aren't playing with a full deck--or in good faith. It's the numbskull from the UN that I'm more concerned about: UN Official Warns Americans Not To Elect Mitt Romney as international representives are being sent to monitor polls. (http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/un-official-warns-americans-not-to-elect-mitt-romney-as-international-representives-are-being-sent-t/question-3263627/)

Odysseus
10-22-2012, 02:27 PM
In all fairness, these guys aren't playing with a full deck--or in good faith. It's the numbskull from the UN that I'm more concerned about: UN Official Warns Americans Not To Elect Mitt Romney as international representives are being sent to monitor polls. (http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/un-official-warns-americans-not-to-elect-mitt-romney-as-international-representives-are-being-sent-t/question-3263627/)

They're just like our media. One can argue that UN monitors might not be a bad thing (start with Chicago, then follow up with Philadelphia and the New Black Panthers), but they really need to try to maintain the illusion of neutrality, or they will have the same credibility as Chris Matthews. That's not to say that they are neutral, of course. A Romney administration would be less likely to turn a blind eye to UN scandals and might actually try to hold them accountable for the money that they suck out of our treasury. But, they have to maintain the pretense, or they will tip their hand. Perhaps if they went back to their core competencies, such as laundering money for dictators or trafficking children for illicit purposes, they'd have less time on their hands and would embarrass themselves less often with overt partisanship.

LukeEDay
10-22-2012, 02:43 PM
One of the first things Romney should do when he takes his place in the Oval Office is make the UN delegates pay all their parking tickets. That alone would bring millions in to our economy.

Elspeth
10-22-2012, 04:19 PM
Perhaps if they went back to their core competencies, such as laundering money for dictators or trafficking children for illicit purposes, they'd have less time on their hands and would embarrass themselves less often with overt partisanship.

Would love to have the references on those.