PDA

View Full Version : More Offensive: Illegals W/ Mexican Flag, or U.S. Citizens with Confederate Flag?

megimoo
06-10-2008, 09:04 PM
One of the most disconcerting aspects of liberal bigots is their insatiable appetite for tearing down anything American in order to build up anti-American sentiment.The issue over the Confederate flag is an excellent example.

Most liberals have nothing but contempt for one the most lasting and cherished symbols of the South; preferring to label those who revere the Confederate Flag as red-necked racists and hate mongers. To most liberals, diversity is a terrific concept, except when it spawns tolerance for ideas and practices that the left opposes.

Long live liberal fascists?

Amazingly enough, those same self-righteous liberals who are so anxious to disembowel American citizens for flying the Confederate Flag will defend millions of illegal aliens who take over our streets while boasting the Mexican flag!
If ever there was a flag that should be banned in America, it is the flag of Mexico, our third-world neighbors who dump their illiterate peasants on the US side of the border for US taxpayers to feed, house, educate, and provide medical care for.

Bottom Line: Give me a redneck with a Confederate Flag any day over a brown-necked illegal alien with a Mexican flag!

http://newsblaze.com/story/20080608183857lill.nb/topstory.html

Eyelids
06-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Who the fuck cares.

Shannon
06-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Who the fuck cares.

It seems that you're losing your cheery disposition.

Ranger Rick
06-10-2008, 09:30 PM
I care. I don't care about the Confederate Flag.

I am worried, about the Illegals, and their cost. Their cost to me and their cost to this country, that I love.

djones520
06-10-2008, 09:33 PM
I care. I don't care about the Confederate Flag.

I am worried, about the Illegals, and their cost. Their cost to me and their cost to this country, that I love.

I watched the Colbert report about about 2am this morning while I was feeding my kid. The Word segment was done over the Confederate Flag. It was funny as hell, but raised a lot of good points as to why it is still (and probably always will be) an offensive symbol.

Zathras
06-11-2008, 01:07 AM
Who the fuck cares.

Umm, I do, you lying piece of shit. This is America, not Mexico. You want to fly the Mexican flag? Go to Mexico and do it.

noonwitch
06-11-2008, 08:59 AM
I'm a notherner, always have been, so I don't really care for the confederate flag-I think it belongs at confederate museums and cemetaries, and should stay there. People can do what they want on their own property, however, even if it's something offensive to others.

There are some things that I really love about southern culture, and I divorce those things in my mind from the slavery of the past and the symbols of that time. The tradition of hospitality is something really great about the South, and the food is awesome-the only people up here who can barbeque well are either black or from the South, or both. People are nice and pleasant to you when you travel throught the area. Although I'm not a huge fan of cw music, it is an important part of the american musical tradition, and shares roots with rock and R&B. I like some of the videos, though, they're fun.

Despite the legacy of slavery, some of the old plantation homes are really amazing buildings. The slaves who built them and the men who designed them both deserve credit.

Best of all, your state governments trust the citizens with real fireworks.

Rebel Yell
06-11-2008, 10:06 AM
I watched the Colbert report about about 2am this morning while I was feeding my kid. The Word segment was done over the Confederate Flag. It was funny as hell, but raised a lot of good points as to why it is still (and probably always will be) an offensive symbol.

Only offensive to the ignorant.

jediab
06-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Only offensive to the ignorant.

Once I knew why the Southerners cherished the Confederate Flag, I understood and no longer thought that it was a big deal.

One thing that I have noticed about the Confederate Flag lovers is that they also love Old Glory, and treat her with the respect that Libtards know not how to.

LogansPapa
06-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Both flags signify the iconic loser. No different than the French flag to me.

megimoo
06-11-2008, 11:41 AM
Both flags signify the iconic looser. No different than the French flag to me.Just were in hell do critters like you spring from ,Cuba ?
Let me guess Santa Maria De Los Angelos !

BSR
06-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Umm, I do, you lying piece of shit. This is America, not Mexico. You want to fly the Mexican flag? Go to Mexico and do it.

THIS.........

Gingersnap
06-11-2008, 11:45 AM
I think that there is a huge difference between the two issues. The Confederate flag, like it or loath it, is a symbol by and for Americans. What it means has changed among some groups but all those groups are still American.

The Mexican flag has nothing to do with Americans aside from some ceremonial duties when we are meeting with Mexican officials for some reason.

When people march behind the Mexican flag in American streets they are sending a very clear message and that message is not 'Happy Birthday".

megimoo
06-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Once I knew why the Southerners cherished the Confederate Flag, I understood and no longer thought that it was a big deal.

One thing that I have noticed about the Confederate Flag lovers is that they also love Old Glory, and treat her with the respect that Libtards know not how to.Both flags are part of Americas glorious History,why wouldn't they ?

Shannon
06-11-2008, 11:49 AM
When people march behind the Mexican flag in American streets they are sending a very clear message and that message is not 'Happy Birthday".

No shit.:cool:

LibraryLady
06-11-2008, 11:56 AM
Yes, I am familiar with all the historical significance of the Confederate battle flag but I am willing to bet that around here 90% of the people are using it as a racial statement. Many of the flag stickers have remarks on them - not very nice ones.

When the schools integrated here, a private school was formed and their mascot is the Rebel, their teams are the Rebels, their colours are red and blue and the Confederate flag is on everything.

Our public school has uniforms. We have no problem with flags, malcolm X insignia, Nazi signs. I love it.

linda22003
06-11-2008, 12:03 PM
I'm certainly offended by the illegal invasion, but not because they wave flags. It's just because they're here illegally. Basically, both groups are using their flags to attract attention for their own purposes, and I don't particularly care for either of those purposes.

Rebel Yell
06-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Yes, I am familiar with all the historical significance of the Confederate battle flag but I am willing to bet that around here 90% of the people are using it as a racial statement. Many of the flag stickers have remarks on them - not very nice ones.

When the schools integrated here, a private school was formed and their mascot is the Rebel, their teams are the Rebels, their colours are red and blue and the Confederate flag is on everything.

Our public school has uniforms. We have no problem with flags, malcolm X insignia, Nazi signs. I love it.

Our school mascot is the rebel, and we had a few boys get suspended for having Cnfederate Flags flying on their pickups, for homecoming.

on edit: What, exactly is on these "racist" bumper stickers. I live in the heart of Dixie and see tags, shirts, and Bumper Stickers. Haven't seen one yet that is racist, unless it's that whole flag thing.

LibraryLady
06-11-2008, 03:46 PM
I asked my daughter what people meant around here when they used Confederate flag stickers, was it historical or racist. She laughed and said they are the racist kids, it is a warning to the black kids.

I have seen

If I had known, I'd have picked my own cotton

Wake Up White People

NAAWP

All with the stars and bars (those are ones I can think of off hand)

Some military installations do not allow the flag or flag stickers on cars.

Eyelids
06-11-2008, 07:57 PM

Are you seriously threatened by people waving the Mexican flag?

Goldwater
06-11-2008, 08:07 PM

I doubt he is, however when they number in the thousands under signs saying "this is Mexico, go back to Europe", you should be relatively concerned.

Zathras
06-11-2008, 08:14 PM

I'm seriously threatened by people in America putting the country they came from 1st...and assholes like you.

lacarnut
06-11-2008, 08:19 PM

Would you be threatened by 100,000 Mexicans waving their flag marching in a black community? If you don't think there would be a race riot, you are full of shit. Blacks & browns are like oil and water mixed together. McCain will get a huge Mexican vote and easily kick Obama's ass. Deal with it, chump.

MstrBlue
06-11-2008, 08:26 PM
There are some things that I really love about southern culture, and I divorce those things in my mind from the slavery of the past and the symbols of that time.

As a side-note, please remember that slavery was not limited to the South.

I claim the South as my home, now, though I was born in Wisconsin.
Yankee by birth, Southern Gentleman by choice!
I love it down here, mostly for the reasons you cited.
Most notably the hospitality!

The last time we went North, I made the important realization that we could never move back permanently. We would either be shot for getting in someone's way, or run over!
People that we came across there, were just way too stressed, and in way too much of a hurry!!

As to the Confederate flag vs Mexican flag... only one belongs in this country, and in this country's history.
And it is not the Mexican flag!
As has been stated, the Confederate flag is part of our history, for good or ill.
Do I have a Confederate flag? Yes.
Do I think that it should be used as a rallying cry or active symbol of any state or our Nation? No.
Do I think that people should be punished for displaying it? Hell, No!
This is America! The symbols of this Nation are part of our heritage, and deserve to be recognized, not erased from history.

Rant over.
Blessed Be.

Gingersnap
06-11-2008, 08:34 PM

How do you think the Mexican government and the Mexican people would view the legal American ex-pat community coming together by the thousands and running Old Glory up the flagpole of a Mexican post office?

I'm guessing they wouldn't be amused. When both legal and illegal Mexicans did the same exact thing here in a town in California, Americans were unamused.

Eyelids
06-11-2008, 09:44 PM
I really dont get all bent out of shape over something as pointless as a fucking flag.

Goldwater
06-11-2008, 09:54 PM
I really dont get all bent out of shape over something as pointless as a fucking flag.

If it was only the flag and not what it means about a lot of the people coming across, I'm sure some would be with you... Actually even then it's still an outrage.

Eyelids
06-11-2008, 09:58 PM
If it was only the flag and not what it means about a lot of the people coming across, I'm sure some would be with you... Actually even then it's still an outrage.

If all theyre going to do is feel a certain way and wave a flag and march in the street to display that feeling I really couldn't care less. Same goes for the Confederate flag, I'm not offended by something as inconsequential as the stars and bars.

Goldwater
06-11-2008, 10:01 PM
If all theyre going to do is feel a certain way and wave a flag and march in the street to display that feeling I really couldn't care less. Same goes for the Confederate flag, I'm not offended by something as inconsequential as the stars and bars.

How pointless would it be if all they were going to do is wave a flag?

Eyelids
06-11-2008, 10:07 PM
What do you want to do? Strip them of their right to demostrate?

Goldwater
06-11-2008, 10:23 PM
What do you want to do? Strip them of their right to demostrate?

Do they even have that right when they're not citizens?

Eyelids
06-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Some of them are...

Gingersnap
06-11-2008, 11:28 PM
Answer my question, Blinky. If foreign nationals and their supporters used a country of origin flag to symbolize their dissatisfaction with the laws regarding illegal aliens in that country would the World Court look on in bliss? Would the citizens of the country in question? If Mexicans and South Americans can demand citizen-level treatment here when they are illegal aliens, is it okay if illegally resident Americans demand the same "rights" in France? Liberia? China?

Eyelids
06-11-2008, 11:32 PM
Answer my question, Blinky. If foreign nationals and their supporters used a country of origin flag to symbolize their dissatisfaction with the laws regarding illegal aliens in that country would the World Court look on in bliss? Would the citizens of the country in question? If Mexicans and South Americans can demand citizen-level treatment here when they are illegal aliens, is it okay if illegally resident Americans demand the same "rights" in France? Liberia? China?

I think people should have a right to demonstrate on something they believe in regardless of country of origin.

Gingersnap
06-11-2008, 11:40 PM
I think people should have a right to demonstrate on something they believe in regardless of country of origin.

You're in college or around one, right? You're smart enough to actually answer the question I posed rather than simply inserting your talking point as a rebuttal. Read and react to my questions rather than just providing some kind of general knee-jerk response. I have faith that you can do it.

Eyelids
06-11-2008, 11:51 PM
You're in college or around one, right? You're smart enough to actually answer the question I posed rather than simply inserting your talking point as a rebuttal. Read and react to my questions rather than just providing some kind of general knee-jerk response. I have faith that you can do it.

OK sure, I thought I was straightforward enough with taht answer but whatever:

Yes, if an American living illegally abroad believes they process for nationalization is unfair I think they should have a right to voice their displeasure. I'm not big on borders or weird false nationalistic pride, I think America is a swell place and I'm glad I live here... but who am I (who is only an American by completely chance of birthright) to say others are unfit to be Americans?

I'll even make the claim that those who successfully immigrate into America embody more American values than most natural born citizens. This is a much larger point I'm bringing up... but to answer your question:

Yes, any person who feels like they are being treated unfairly has the right to voice their displeasure. And if all they want to do is fly a flag to display pride in their heritage I'm perfectly fine with that.

Gingersnap
06-12-2008, 12:06 AM
OK sure, I thought I was straightforward enough with taht answer but whatever:

Yes, if an American living illegally abroad believes they process for nationalization is unfair I think they should have a right to voice their displeasure. I'm not big on borders or weird false nationalistic pride, I think America is a swell place and I'm glad I live here... but who am I (who is only an American by completely chance of birthright) to say others are unfit to be Americans?

I'll even make the claim that those who successfully immigrate into America embody more American values than most natural born citizens. This is a much larger point I'm bringing up... but to answer your question:

Yes, any person who feels like they are being treated unfairly has the right to voice their displeasure. And if all they want to do is fly a flag to display pride in their heritage I'm perfectly fine with that.

My ancestors did successfully immigrate via Ellis Island. They were legal and they became citizens as soon as possible. They did not speak English nor share an Anglo-Saxon heritage but they soon learned English and wanted to assimilate.

How is it fair for illegal immigrants to demand rights that are denied to resident aliens who have worked through the legal immigration procedures, sometimes for years?

The Mexican flag in last year's demonstrations did not show some kind pride of heritage. It was a deliberate provocation.

Again, do you believe that the Swiss or the Chinese or the French would have been as accepting or more accepting of mass demonstrations by American illegal aliens marching behind the flag of the United States? If not, why not?

Eyelids
06-12-2008, 12:25 AM
I cant control how other people feel about mass demonstrations, nor is it really relvant to this discussion. This is about my feelings on the matter, and I dont care if its Somalia, France, Germany, Russia, China or whatever... my views on the matter are going to stay very consistent.

And demonstrations are meant to provoke people... thats kind of the point.

AmPat
06-12-2008, 05:26 AM
I asked my daughter what people meant around here when they used Confederate flag stickers, was it historical or racist. She laughed and said they are the racist kids, it is a warning to the black kids.

I have seen

If I had known, I'd have picked my own cotton

Wake Up White People

NAAWP

All with the stars and bars (those are ones I can think of off hand)

Some military installations do not allow the flag or flag stickers on cars.

LL.

There are bigots who fly the Battle flag. There are also people who fly it as a symbol of their southern heritage.
I've seen the flag with the inscription: "Heritage- Not Hate"

I see this as a symbol of heritage but I don't display it because I respect the (wrong) opinion that it is a racist symbol and bothers some people. I don't get the hubbub over it and nothing said about the Malcolm X?Black Power/ crap. I don't like the disparity. That being said; the State of Mexico flag will be fine once it is annexed; not before.
(I apologize for the semi-colons; my comma won't work)

LibraryLady
06-12-2008, 09:02 AM
What, exactly is on these "racist" bumper stickers. I live in the heart of Dixie and see tags, shirts, and Bumper Stickers. Haven't seen one yet that is racist, unless it's that whole flag thing.

My daughter asked me where you lived and I said Georgia. She said you have your head in the sand.
I agree there is great historical significance in the flag but it has been stolen by bigots.

Gingersnap
06-12-2008, 09:49 AM
My daughter asked me where you lived and I said Georgia. She said you have your head in the sand.
I agree there is great historical significance in the flag but it has been stolen by bigots.

All the more to reason to steal it back. ;)

linda22003
06-12-2008, 09:57 AM
Or accept that the Wawuh is Ovuh.

enslaved1
06-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Personally, I'm more offended by the Mexican flag than the Confederate flag. Yes, they both mean different things to different people, but most of the time I've seen a Mexican flag it has been used to mean a refusal to assimilate into the person's chosen culture. National pride is not a bad thing, and even at it's worst is better than some fool's one world nation, no borders fertilizer. But when we have a whole lot of folks who come in, legally or illegally and refuse to make any concessions to their chosen home (speak the language, follow the rules and laws, silly things like that) AND demand that we bend over backwards to accommodate them and their wants (translators at every whipstich, schools accommodating their culture, drivers licenses and instate tuition whether they are legal or not) that group needs to shove it. The ones screaming for all that garbage are the most likely, in my experience, to be flying the Mexican flag the highest.
It seems that the groups flying the Confederate flag are split a little more evenly between the stupid racists and the proud Southerners.

An aside, one of my Mexican friends a long time ago was the first one I saw wearing a "You wear your X and I'll wear mine" shirt with a Stars and Bars on it, back when the Malcolm X shirts were everywhere.

linda22003
06-12-2008, 10:39 AM
I think you make a very good point. This country is full of vitality because its people come from everywhere on earth, but they are also people who have made an effort to assimilate when they get here.

Rebel Yell
06-12-2008, 12:01 PM

The ones I see, and have, say "HERITAGE NOT HATE", and "IF THIS FLAG OFFENDS YOU, YOU NEED A HISTORY LESSON". The closest I've seen says "YOU HAVE YOUR "X", I HAVE MINE".

Where is your daughter from? How much does she really know about south GA? The flag issue really went big when Roy Barnes decided to take it off the state flag without putting it to a vote. It flies in the face of a government who didn't listen to the people, not a "warning" to blacks.

Molon Labe
06-12-2008, 12:43 PM
Both flags signify the iconic loser. No different than the French flag to me.

he he..

I'll take the Mexican flag as more offensive. It's like a State flag being flown above the U.S. Which is something I witnessed recently on a military base. They had security guards putting up the flag who had no idea about customs. :o

LibraryLady
06-12-2008, 07:58 PM
The ones I see, and have, say "HERITAGE NOT HATE", and "IF THIS FLAG OFFENDS YOU, YOU NEED A HISTORY LESSON". The closest I've seen says "YOU HAVE YOUR "X", I HAVE MINE".

Where is your daughter from? How much does she really know about south GA? The flag issue really went big when Roy Barnes decided to take it off the state flag without putting it to a vote. It flies in the face of a government who didn't listen to the people, not a "warning" to blacks.

Yes, I have seen the others as well but very rarely.

My daughter was born in Louisiana, has lived in N.C. Virginia and is now a college student in Arkansas. We live in Louisiana now.
We talked about it at lunch today with some of her friends and her older brother. They all felt the flag has become a challenging symbol. I don't like the fact but I agree.
I lived in Fort Benning for a while but before she was born. I have family in Dahlonega, Atlanta (actually Dallas, GA) and Hinesville. I have a hard time believing that things are that different from LA and Texas.
My son used to be a reenactor and he got tired of the hassles.

I don't think it's fair that the flag has taken on this image but to deny it is to be unaware.

Eyelids
06-12-2008, 08:44 PM
"YOU HAVE YOUR "X", I HAVE MINE".

Id have a hard time not rear-ending somebody with something that ignorant.

Penguins Fan
06-12-2008, 08:45 PM
I don't care about the Mexican flag or the Confederate flag. I am pissed off at the illegal aliens who come here and demand the rights and benefits of citizens.

At the turn of the 19th century, Spain laid claim to Louisiana and almost all land west of the Mississippi. Jefferson bought a big chunk of it, but what remained was Mexican territory when Mexico won its independence from Spain. From its earliest days as an independent nation, Mexico has been plagued by corrupt politics. Santa Ana lost Texas. The US did incite the Mexican-American War to take the Southwest, but the US did pay Mexico for the land ceded to the US (the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo). Mexico had a very sparse population in those lands and couldn't govern it anyway.

The present day Central American nations were all part of Mexico once. Mexico lost those lands, too, but all they bitch about is what they lost to the US.

Rather than deal with its poverty and corruption, successive Mexican governments have dealt with their poverty problem by urging people to go to the US. Now, we have groups like La Raza.

Mexico should not be a poor nation. It is because of the Mexican corruption. I don't blame poor people from coming here to look for work to send money home, but I don't excuse breaking our laws, either.

end of rant

Gingersnap
06-12-2008, 08:58 PM

Really? I see provocative bumper stickers all the time and I never feel the urge toward physical violence. I guess I get the part where "tolerance" is endurance, not support.

megimoo
06-12-2008, 11:27 PM
Id have a hard time not rear-ending somebody with something that ignorant.You obviously lack the emotional maturity to be allowed to drive .Stick to your 'skate board' kid !

Eyelids
06-12-2008, 11:39 PM
Really? I see provocative bumper stickers all the time and I never feel the urge toward physical violence. I guess I get the part where "tolerance" is endurance, not support.

I dont know, basically saying "I'm a racist and so are you" is a little overboard.

Eyelids
06-12-2008, 11:40 PM
You obviously lack the emotional maturity to be allowed to drive .Stick to your 'skate board' kid !
Learn how to type, please.

Zathras
06-13-2008, 12:39 AM
Learn how to type, please.

Really?

Gutless, lying sacks of shit living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones....You paid how much for that college education and they didn't teach you simple english?

sgrooms
06-13-2008, 01:02 AM
Really?

Gutless, lying sacks of shit living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones....You paid how much for that college education and they didn't teach you simple english?

Are you sure it has went to college?

AmPat
06-13-2008, 04:24 AM

Niether does Osama Bin Bama/ er Obamaramadama/ er;;; that Hussein guy pretending to be patriotic.:rolleyes:

AmPat
06-13-2008, 04:25 AM
Or accept that the Wawuh is Ovuh.

You Maam are of course referring to the Wawuh of Yankee Aggression?;)

AmPat
06-13-2008, 04:29 AM

Yeah I know; those Malcom-in-the-middle-X shirts piss me off too.

linda22003
06-13-2008, 08:17 AM
You Maam are of course referring to the Wawuh of Yankee Aggression?;)

Well, it's certainly the one the Yankees won.

Rebel Yell
06-13-2008, 09:48 AM

Why is that ignorant, please explain.