PDA

View Full Version : Such Presidential Language

NJCardFan
10-25-2012, 10:22 AM
Obama shows that he, like all liberals, are adolescents who never grew up by calling Romney a "bullshitter" in an interview: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/obama-calls-romney-a-bullshter/

Bailey
10-25-2012, 10:41 AM
Stay classy barack...

linda22003
10-25-2012, 10:42 AM
And George Bush was on an open mike when he called a reporter a "major league asshole". Pottymouth knows no party. :)

NJCardFan
10-25-2012, 10:45 AM
And George Bush was on an open mike when he called a reporter a "major league asshole". Pottymouth knows no party. :)

Find me an official interview where Bush used foul language or would you rather keep with the excuse game?

linda22003
10-25-2012, 10:46 AM
I'm sorry, I forgot about the Double Standard rule! Silly me.

noonwitch
10-25-2012, 10:47 AM

Get back in your binder!

Bailey
10-25-2012, 10:50 AM

An supposedly off hand remark off the record is a bit different then one given in an interview, beltway.

linda22003
10-25-2012, 10:50 AM
And maybe my eyes are going, but I've read your link twice and I just see Colin Powell endorsing Obama, no mention of the remark you cite.

linda22003
10-25-2012, 10:52 AM
Get back in your binder!

I don't wanna! Those three hole punches HURT! :frown-new:

NJCardFan

So to you there is no difference between something picked up on a hot mike and something said in an official interview? Um, OK. Oh, and let me point out that in said interview, Obama was putting that word into the mouth of a 6 year old child. But that makes no never mind to you I suppose.

Bailey
And maybe my eyes are going, but I've read your link twice and I just see Colin Powell endorsing Obama, no mention of the remark you cite.

Me? no I didn't say he said that, but if you can put 2 and 2 together I am sure can come to the same conclusion or do you think a republican will just switch sides for obama?

linda22003
10-25-2012, 10:54 AM
So to you there is no difference between something picked up on a hot mike and something said in an official interview? Um, OK. Oh, and let me point out that in said interview, Obama was putting that word into the mouth of a 6 year old child. But that makes no never mind to you I suppose.

I think bad language is bad language. I think campaigns bring it out in people. I also did not see what you cite in your link.

linda22003
10-25-2012, 10:55 AM
Me? no I didn't say he said that, but if you can put 2 and 2 together I am sure can come to the same conclusion or do you think a republican will just switch sides for obama?

My comment was addressed to NJCardFan, that I didn't see what he was talking about in his link. All I saw was Colin Powell endorsing Obama, as he also did in 2008.

NJCardFan
10-25-2012, 10:55 AM
An supposedly off hand remark off the record is a bit different then one given in an interview, beltway.

Well, to people like #'s there is no difference. But since she wants to play that game I'm guessing she's fine with Obama telling Medvedev that he will be more flexible to surrender American sovereignty after the election. Something he doesn't have the balls to tell the American electorate in a live interview.

Bailey
10-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Well, to people like #'s there is no difference. But since she wants to play that game I'm guessing she's fine with Obama telling Medvedev that he will be more flexible to surrender American sovereignty after the election. Something he doesn't have the balls to tell the American electorate in a live interview.

I should have realized she is Ms literal in nearly everything, there are no shades of gray/grey unless its a liberal.

NJCardFan
10-25-2012, 10:59 AM
I think bad language is bad language. I think campaigns bring it out in people. I also did not see what you cite in your link.

Link fixed, and now back to our regularly scheduled programming:

Rolling Stone cover, “Obama and the Road Ahead: The Rolling Stone Interview,” by Douglas Brinkley: “We arrived at the Oval Office for our 45-minute interview … on the morning of October 11th. … As we left the Oval Office, executive editor Eric Bates told Obama that he had asked his six-year-old if there was anything she wanted him to say to the president. … [S]he said, ‘Tell him: You can do it.’ Obama grinned. … ‘You know, kids have good instincts,’ Obama offered. ‘They look at the other guy and say, “Well, that’s a bullsh–ter, I can tell.”’”

K, let's hear more excuses.

linda22003
10-25-2012, 10:59 AM
You guys are REALLY whiny this morning. Worried about the election outcome? I've said (several times) that I don't see what NJCF is talking about in the link he provided. No response at all to THAT.

linda22003
10-25-2012, 11:02 AM
Well, THANK you for responding on the link. I agree it's bad language. I wonder if he was being "looser" and "cool" because he was talking to Rolling Stone rather than, say, U.S. News and World Report. It seems that way from the context.

I also note that it says "as we left the Oval Office", so the remark was not made during a formal interview, but under ex tempore circumstances just as Bush's was. So, yes, I do equate the two.

NJCardFan
10-25-2012, 11:10 AM
You guys are REALLY whiny this morning. Worried about the election outcome? I've said (several times) that I don't see what NJCF is talking about in the link he provided. No response at all to THAT.

I put a new link up. Get up off of your lazy ass and click it.

NJCardFan
10-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Well, THANK you for responding on the link. I agree it's bad language. I wonder if he was being "looser" and "cool" because he was talking to Rolling Stone rather than, say, U.S. News and World Report. It seems that way from the context.

I also note that it says "as we left the Oval Office", so the remark was not made during a formal interview, but under ex tempore circumstances just as Bush's was. So, yes, I do equate the two.

No it was not. It was put into the official interview. Bush's was an off color remark picked up by a hot mike. This was put into the article. Big difference. Oh, and he putting that word into the mouth of a 6 year old means nothing I see. Typical excuse making liberal you are.

Bailey
10-25-2012, 11:15 AM
No it was not. It was put into the official interview. Bush's was an off color remark picked up by a hot mike. This was put into the article. Big difference. Oh, and he putting that word into the mouth of a 6 year old means nothing I see. Typical excuse making liberal you are.

Obama is a liberal, she will give him a pass. I can't believe beltway doesn't see the difference.

NJCardFan
10-25-2012, 11:39 AM
For the record, when Bush called the reporter an asshole it was before he was president. But it's all semantics, right #'s?

Novaheart
10-25-2012, 11:43 AM
Obama shows that he, like all liberals, are adolescents who never grew up by calling Romney a "bullshitter" in an interview: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/obama-calls-romney-a-bullshter/

I'm sure you are shocked, turdblossom.

NJCardFan
10-25-2012, 12:07 PM
I'm sure you are shocked, turdblossom.

I'm not shocked that someone with your character doesn't have a problem with it.

linda22003
10-25-2012, 12:18 PM
I GET it, already. Obama saying a bad word is horrible, awful, the end of civilization. Anyone else saying it gets a pass. It's okay, guys. I get it.

NJCardFan
10-25-2012, 12:28 PM
I GET it, already. Obama saying a bad word is horrible, awful, the end of civilization. Anyone else saying it gets a pass. It's okay, guys. I get it.
No, you don't. You obviously don't. Sadder still, you don't mind him putting that word into the mouth of a 6 year old. You are a hypocrite of the highest degree.

Danarchy
10-25-2012, 01:19 PM

This excuses for his un-presidential language I understand as we know Obama likes to pander to his audience like he does when he speaks ebonics and ghetto to a black audiences.

Eupher
10-25-2012, 01:36 PM
Two things come to mind:

1. Obama still, after almost 4 years in my White House, doesn't act presidential. While I would seriously doubt that any president isn't going to let loose an obscenity once in awhile, he'll do so only with his staff or in the privacy of his home. Obama, on the other hand, acts like a street thug wannabe. His arrogance and his ME, ME, ME! narcissism are all too plain to see except to those who refuse or cannot see it and he proves it by stepping outside of his presidential cloak by a verbal hi-5 to a 6-year-old and then illustrates how grown-up he is to the kid by calling his worthy opponent a "bullshitter." Stay classy, Barry.

2. Any politician is going to say something untoward at some point or another. As these are people who deal in words and speeches and off-the-cuff commentary, it's inevitable. Hot mikes and verbal gaffes (to a point) are included in this mix.

rjas77
10-25-2012, 02:31 PM
For the record, when Bush called the reporter an asshole it was before he was president. But it's all semantics, right #'s?

Not to mention that he thought he was off mike AND it wasn't to his rival.

Bailey
10-25-2012, 03:20 PM
You're missing the point, obama promised to be a NEW kind of politician

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/10/25/president-you-dont-deserve-a-bunch-of-name-calling-obama-goes-smaller-and-smaller/

JB
10-25-2012, 08:01 PM
I GET it, already. Obama saying a bad word is horrible, awful, the end of civilization. Anyone else saying it gets a pass. It's okay, guys. I get it.Maybe if you said one thing critical of Obama in the last four years instead of making some kind of equivalency argument on his behalf, on every issue, people would take you more seriously.