PDA

View Full Version : Keith Olbermann Casts A Wide Net In Job Search

SarasotaRepub
10-25-2012, 01:37 PM
The long time loser is looking for work. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021630642) :biggrin-new:

Thu Oct 25, 2012, 12:13 PM
Newsjock

Keith Olbermann Casts A Wide Net In Job Search

Source: Forbes

Think Keith Olbermann has burned his last bridge in the television business? He doesn’t think so.

Seven months after he got dismissed by Current TV, the temperamental host is aggressively job-shopping, and he’s not being too picky about it.

In recent weeks, Olbermann has reached out to executives at a slew of different networks to communicate his desire for a new on-air role, according to people with knowledge of those conversations. Those include both cable outlets and at least one broadcast network.

He has expressed interest in taking over as anchor of existing shows and in starting a new show. Indeed, several of the networks he’s approached don’t have any news programming per se on their schedules. His frustration at not having a real platform during the height of election season has been evident.

Read more: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffbercovici/2012/10/25/keith-olbermann-casts-a-wide-net-in-job-search/

Guess his ego needs more work...

Apocalypse
10-25-2012, 01:44 PM
I was wondering what happened to him.

Kinda surprised he didn't try what Beck did and start his own pay per view site and do his own show.

Odysseus
10-25-2012, 02:07 PM

Kinda surprised he didn't try what Beck did and start his own pay per view site and do his own show.

Who'd pay to see him? Olbermann needs to practice a new line: "Do you want fries with that?"

Apocalypse
10-25-2012, 02:12 PM
Who'd pay to see him? Olbermann needs to practice a new line: "Do you want fries with that?"

Well, let me reverse that. How many idiots pay for $kimmer's home(s), car(s), phone(s), vacations and so forth?

If they eagerly fork it over to a guy who rails against crony capitalism, but engages in it him self, then I could see them paying to see Olbermann rant for half an hour like an idiot.

SarasotaRepub
10-25-2012, 02:25 PM
The dork should be a multi-millionaire but egomaniacs like him need the attention of fans.

Bailey
10-25-2012, 02:27 PM
Fox should hire him just for pure entertainment value, to see that shit eating grin on his face every time he has to say fox would be worth it.

Apocalypse
10-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Fox should hire him just for pure entertainment value, to see that shit eating grin on his face every time he has to say fox would be worth it.

Murdock fired him once already, keeps calling him the craziest SOB he's ever known.

Adam Wood
10-25-2012, 03:00 PM
I somehow missed the news that Moonbatmann was shitcanned because, like a typical liberal, he thought he was too special to actually have to work to earn money (http://www.olbermannwatch.com/archives/2012/03/its_happened_ag.php). LOL!

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv163/SirAngst/1234.jpg

marv
10-25-2012, 03:02 PM

Murdock fired him once already, keeps calling him the craziest SOB he's ever known.

But on the other hand, he'd be a perfect piñata sub for Bob Beckel.........

Rockntractor
10-25-2012, 03:29 PM
I could use him as contract labor occasionally to run a weed eater if he has a green card.

SarasotaRepub
10-25-2012, 06:21 PM
But on the other hand, he'd be a perfect piñata sub for Bob Beckel.........

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!! Very true!!! :thumbsup:

txradioguy
10-26-2012, 04:28 AM

It's pretty standard in broadcast contracts that there is whats called a "non compete clause". It says that you can't go to work for another network station etc for a period of six months.

He's only now able to start job shopping,

txradioguy
10-26-2012, 04:32 AM
Psst...hey DUmmies:

Al Gore's Current TV is up for sale.

According to the New York Post, there has been enough interest in the television channel nobody watches let alone heard of that CEO Joel Hyatt has decided to shop around for offers.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/10/26/gores-current-tv-sale

SarasotaRepub
10-26-2012, 08:48 AM
Psst...hey DUmmies:

Al Gore's Current TV is up for sale.

According to the New York Post, there has been enough interest in the television channel nobody watches let alone heard of that CEO Joel Hyatt has decided to shop around for offers.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/10/26/gores-current-tv-sale

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Maybe Skinner and the DUmmies can put in a low ball offer...:biggrin-new: DUTV <snicker>

m00
10-26-2012, 12:57 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Maybe Skinner and the DUmmies can put in a low ball offer...:biggrin-new: DUTV <snicker>

Someone with a mole account could start a kickstarter page with "buy Al Gore's station for DU" and then go solicit donations. :cool:

Novaheart
10-26-2012, 01:44 PM
[

Guess his ego needs more work...

He could sell crazy on HSN. Actually, his voice and delivery is just right for Soup. Thankfully, I already can't stand that show. He could always remake some sitcom playing John Laroquette's character.

Apocalypse
10-26-2012, 02:24 PM

Team up with Kos, I'm sure Soros could swing the funds for a network for the loons.

Odysseus
10-27-2012, 08:59 AM
It's pretty standard in broadcast contracts that there is whats called a "non compete clause". It says that you can't go to work for another network station etc for a period of six months.

He's only now able to start job shopping,

Given their ratings, he'd have a hard time finding someone who would consider them competition.

Someone with a mole account could start a kickstarter page with "buy Al Gore's station for DU" and then go solicit donations. :cool:

That would be funny if not for the risk that they might raise enough to buy it. Remember, we're talking about a network with fewer viewers than a local farm report. They might just pull a Newsweek and sell it for a buck, just to get out from under the obligations.

For that matter, they could simply take the network and change the format. Throw in some truly wacky programming, like a post-apocalyptic movie show, hosted by Al Gore in Zombie makeup, and they might pull it out of the crapper.