PDA

View Full Version : O Campaign Releases Bizarre, Double Entendre, Voting Ad ...

ABC in Georgia
10-25-2012, 09:14 PM
Unbelievably disgusting!!! ... :vomit:

The O team is really reaching for the bottom of the barrel with this one!

Your first time shouldn’t be with just anybody. You want to do it with a great guy. It should be with a guy with beautiful … somebody who really cares about and understands women.

A guy who cares about whether you get health insurance, and specifically whether you get birth control. The consequences are huge. You want to do it with a guy who brought the troops out of Iraq. You don’t want a guy who says, “Oh hey, I’m at the library studying,” when he’s really out not signing the Lilly Ledbetter Act.

Or who thinks that gay people should never have beautiful, complicated weddings of the kind we see on Bravo or TLC all the time. It’s a fun game to say, “Who are you voting for?” and they say “I don’t want to tell you,” and you say, “No, who are you voting for,” and they go, “Guess!”

Think about how you want to spend those four years. In college age time, that’s 150 years. Also, it’s super uncool to be out and about and someone says, “Did you vote,” and “No, I didn’t vote, I wasn’t ready.”

My first time voting was amazing. It was this line in the sand. Before I was a girl. Now I was a woman. I went to the polling station and pulled back the curtain. I voted for Barack Obama.

Read more here: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/10/25/HBO-star-ad-Obama-voting-first-time-sex

:vomit:

Odysseus
10-25-2012, 10:36 PM
Unbelievably disgusting!!! ... :vomit:

The O team is really reaching for the bottom of the barrel with this one!

Read more here: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/10/25/HBO-star-ad-Obama-voting-first-time-sex

:vomit:

So the message is, "Vote for Obama if you want to get screwed?"

SaintLouieWoman
10-26-2012, 12:22 AM
The message also is "Obama is sexy". I hope more women share my view----the sound of his voice on TV makes me run, not walk, to the remote to hit that mute button. His face with the mean, little glaring eyes is the biggest turn-off. His attempts to be "cool" are laughable, actually an exercise in narcissism. I guess he approved that ad. Oy!

Odysseus
10-26-2012, 12:52 AM
The message also is "Obama is sexy". I hope more women share my view----the sound of his voice on TV makes me run, not walk, to the remote to hit that mute button. His face with the mean, little glaring eyes is the biggest turn-off. His attempts to be "cool" are laughable, actually an exercise in narcissism. I guess he approved that ad. Oy!

Daybydaycartoon.com had a brilliant take on it:

http://www.daybydaycartoon.com/102612.jpg

JB
10-26-2012, 08:06 PM
Dunham was born in New York City. Her father, Carroll Dunham, is a painter of "overtly sexualised pop art", and her mother, Laurie Simmons, is a...designer who creates "disquieting domestic tableaux" with dolls.Oh yeah, this girl never stood a chance.

linda22003
10-31-2012, 09:25 AM
In my focus group of the four college kids I personally know, four out of four found it hilarious. Older people are obviously not the target audience for this.

Odysseus
10-31-2012, 09:46 AM
In my focus group of the four college kids I personally know, four out of four found it hilarious. Older people are obviously not the target audience for this.

Hilarious in a "What in God's name are they thinking?" way or hilarious in a "I've got to vote for that guy" way?

Bailey
10-31-2012, 10:13 AM

Of course they do, I bet you to a person they are voting for obama.

linda22003
10-31-2012, 10:22 AM
Hilarious in a "What in God's name are they thinking?" way or hilarious in a "I've got to vote for that guy" way?

Strictly in terms of humor. I think they are all likely voting Obama, but not because of the ad. The Republicans are too stodgy for them on social issues. This is something the GOP has to think about if they want to appeal to younger voters.

m00
10-31-2012, 10:24 AM
Strictly in terms of humor. I think they are all likely voting Obama, but not because of the ad. The Republicans are too stodgy for them on social issues.

Explain. "Social Issues" covers a lot of ground.

linda22003
10-31-2012, 10:24 AM
Of course they do, I bet you to a person they are voting for obama.

Probably true. Does the GOP want to attract younger voters? If they can really deliver on a better economic future, that will help - but younger voters are also pro choice, not anti gay, and very tolerant of different lifestyles. The Republicans can't ignore that forever.

m00
10-31-2012, 11:17 AM
... and very tolerant of different lifestyles.

Oh, okay. So liberals are tolerant of people who live a little differently & have different lifestyles. Good to know. Like those who spend their lives in the woods hunting/fishing (and might have a massive gun-room in their basement), or others who spend their time attending church or engaging in religious worship & outreach. Or maybe people who choose a lifestyle of military service to their country.

No, of course not. Liberals aren't tolerant of people who live different lifestyles. Liberals are tolerant only of a very specific lifestyle, which of course is the liberal lifestyle. It's the same thing as "believing" in Free Speech, (but only when it's speech you agree with).

Rockntractor
10-31-2012, 11:34 AM
In my focus group of the four college kids

Are you sure you don't mean bi-focal group?http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_6657.gif (http://www.desismileys.com/)
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/91101893671.jpg

linda22003
10-31-2012, 12:16 PM
No, Rock, they're actual college age. :) They are the kids of friends of mine, and two are my god-daughters. I know that at least two of them are regular worshipers (one Catholic, one Jewish), and one is a hunter. So the stereotyping isn't really working, but if it makes you feel better, okay. :cool:

NJCardFan
10-31-2012, 02:39 PM
Liberal social issues involve promiscuity, homosexuality, drug use, welfare, gimmie free stuff, etc. Essentially, crap that adds nothing to society. Seems to me young voters need to grow up instead.

EazyMack
11-01-2012, 01:30 AM
Liberal social issues involve promiscuity, homosexuality, drug use, welfare, gimmie free stuff, etc. Essentially, crap that adds nothing to society. Seems to me young voters need to grow up instead.

Yep.

Problem is, "growing up" becomes a slower process with each generation. Then guys like Obama are elected President.

CueSi
11-01-2012, 02:54 AM
No, Rock, they're actual college age. :) They are the kids of friends of mine, and two are my god-daughters. I know that at least two of them are regular worshipers (one Catholic, one Jewish), and one is a hunter. So the stereotyping isn't really working, but if it makes you feel better, okay. :cool:

<steps out of back-room>

I'm probably of the demographic that ad was meant to reach: Female, single,urban-ish, socially moderate, etc. And to a degree, you DO have a point. Does the GOP need give on social issues? Hell yes.

But this ad sucked at making that point.

It was patronizing. It made an assumption that all I cared about was 'wimmens issues'. Oh, please. I want more people employed so they'll buy the bullshit items I sell so I can get a bigger commission and do more shit I wanna do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wAkdHzpXXo0

<steps back into back room>

~QC

Odysseus
11-01-2012, 08:17 AM
Probably true. Does the GOP want to attract younger voters? If they can really deliver on a better economic future, that will help - but younger voters are also pro choice, not anti gay, and very tolerant of different lifestyles. The Republicans can't ignore that forever.

It's not a case of ignoring it. First, conservatives aren't intolerant of different lifestyles, including gays. We just don't want our noses constantly rubbed in those lifestyles. You mistake tolerance for unabashed gleeful embrace of those lifestyles. Tolerance is just that, not forcing someone else to conform to your choices, but not interfering with their own. Gay marriage isn't about letting gays call themselves married, it's about gay activists demanding that the state redefine marriage to suit them. That's not tolerance, it's a demand for sanctionand endorsement. For true intolerance, ask a liberal what they think of religious people, or anyone born south of the Mason-Dixon Line, or the military (and don't pretend that liberals have changed their opinion of the military, we know what you guys think of us). I saw liberal tolerance last night, when our Romney yard sign repelled more trick or treaters than garlic. As for being pro-choice, I was at that age. Growing up taught me that life has meaning.

Frankly, younger voters aren't much of a problem for the GOP. We can turn the economy around(we've done it before), and the best thing that we can offer young voters is a job and a future. When you can offer them that, get back to me.

<steps out of back-room>

I'm probably of the demographic that ad was meant to reach: Female, single,urban-ish, socially moderate, etc. And to a degree, you DO have a point. Does the GOP need give on social issues? Hell yes.

But this ad sucked at making that point.

It was patronizing. It made an assumption that all I cared about was 'wimmens issues'. Oh, please. I want more people employed so they'll buy the bullshit items I sell so I can get a bigger commission and do more shit I wanna do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wAkdHzpXXo0

<steps back into back room>
~QC

That was brilliant!

She perfectly captured the condescension and contempt in the Obama ad.

NJCardFan
11-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Yep.

Problem is, "growing up" becomes a slower process with each generation. Then guys like Obama are elected President.

The problem is, the younger generations listen to what Hollywood and other entertainers tell them. They don't look at the big picture. Voting for Obama was the "cool" thing to do. Vote for the cool guy. As cool as they think Obama is(which is funny considering that reading more and more about the guy he's quite the misanthropist), being cool doesn't make a good leader. Obama has proven that. The only time he's shown real leadership is when it suits him, not the country. Look at the contrasts between how he handled Benghazi and Sandy. Week before the election and Obama has a situation room for Sandy, however, no such situation room for the attacks on any of our embassies, even when lives were in danger. But as Ody said, while the left wants you to believe that gay rights, women having free contraception, and abortion are the top issues, anyone with a modicum of brain matter knows that the real issues are jobs and the economy and considering the unemployment rate among young people is staggering(over 20%) you'd think a job would trump going with the cool guy. Of course when said cool guy is promising the moon for free, it's hard not to vote for that.

NJCardFan
11-01-2012, 12:01 PM
That was brilliant!

She perfectly captured the condescension and contempt in the Obama ad.

The young lady in that video has a great one on the Libertarian Party and Gary Johnson. Johnson flushed down a great opportunity to win a senate seat he could have easily won for a failed attempt to become president.

Lager
11-01-2012, 04:33 PM
No, Rock, they're actual college age. :) They are the kids of friends of mine, and two are my god-daughters. I know that at least two of them are regular worshipers (one Catholic, one Jewish), and one is a hunter. So the stereotyping isn't really working, but if it makes you feel better, okay. :cool: Stereotyping isn't so bad. I've been called racist because I believe in controlling immigration and policing the border. Because I'm all for civil unions, yet believe that marriage should be between one man and one woman, I'm a bigot. And because I don't see the need for partial birth abortions, or believe in abortion as a secondary means of birth control, I guess I'm an extreme right wing religious fanatic.

Lager
11-01-2012, 04:47 PM

Hopefully gay issues and abortion rights aren't the main political concerns with this particular demographic, or we may be in trouble as a society sometime down the road. Abortion isn't going away, even if the decision is left up to the states. If there actually was enough support to make all abortions illegal, they could and would still be performed safely somewhere, and don't forget we still have that morning after pill around. And though gay issues are continually propped up to the forefront because of the inflated leverage their small lobby enjoys right now, aren't there about a million more important things we should be worried about these days?