PDA

View Full Version : Romney Suspends Campaign. Obama Does Not

NJCardFan
10-30-2012, 12:42 PM
The Romney campaign has suspended for the time being due to the storm and Mitt is holding an event in Ohio for relief for NJ and other areas hit by the storm. The Obama campaign, however, is full steam ahead. Bill Clinton stumping for him in Colorado. Well, I guess to Obama the only ones affected by the storm were a bunch of rich white people. Romney, however, is helping out with relief efforts. Now I ask you, who is acing more like a leader in a crisis?

Elspeth
10-30-2012, 12:59 PM
The Romney campaign has suspended for the time being due to the storm and Mitt is holding an event in Ohio for relief for NJ and other areas hit by the storm. The Obama campaign, however, is full steam ahead. Bill Clinton stumping for him in Colorado. Well, I guess to Obama the only ones affected by the storm were a bunch of rich white people. Romney, however, is helping out with relief efforts. Now I ask you, who is acing more like a leader in a crisis?

DUmmies are accusing Romney of campaigning with the storm relief event:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021668848

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021668776

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021668575

Rockntractor
10-30-2012, 01:08 PM
As long as he doesn't suspend for too long, Obama is a much more damaging storm that has cost countless lives and trillions of dollars and hurricane Obama could last 4 more years at full intensity.

LukeEDay
10-30-2012, 02:39 PM
They are talking about this on Fox News now.

FlaGator
10-30-2012, 02:53 PM
As long as he doesn't suspend for too long, Obama is a much more damaging storm that has cost countless lives and trillions of dollars and hurricane Obama could last 4 more years at full intensity.

His current actions will gather a lot more votes with the undecided than campaigning would ever bring him.

SaintLouieWoman
10-30-2012, 05:01 PM
His current actions will gather a lot more votes with the undecided than campaigning would ever bring him.
I hope that's the case. I remember it didn't work with McCain. Obama just plain doesn't care about anyone but himself.

I still wonder what's in it for Clinton. He isn't a particularly altruistic person, either. He and/or Hillary have been promised something big. Otherwise can't understand how she'd endure the humiliation of serving under him as Pres, particularly after Libya.

Rockntractor
10-30-2012, 05:32 PM

SLW is correct, it had a detrimental effect on McCain but then again I have a feeling his was a hopeless cause anyway.

SaintLouieWoman
10-30-2012, 06:21 PM
SLW is correct, it had a detrimental effect on McCain but then again I have a feeling his was a hopeless cause anyway.

Just watched the BBC News. They had a guy from ABC News on, saying that Obama looks so presidential now, with even Gov Christie praising his handling of the storm, that he'll probably get a bump from this.

(First time I've seen it in years---happened to have PBS on when I turned on the set).

Rockntractor
10-30-2012, 06:50 PM
Just watched the BBC News. They had a guy from ABC News on, saying that Obama looks so presidential now, with even Gov Christie praising his handling of the storm, that he'll probably get a bump from this.

(First time I've seen it in years---happened to have PBS on when I turned on the set).

If God wants him in for 4 more years than so be it.

Novaheart
10-30-2012, 08:00 PM
If you're truly certain that Romney is going to win and that that is a good thing for America then why do you care what Obama does? It almost seems like you just want to complain.

Rockntractor
10-30-2012, 08:16 PM
If you're truly certain that Romney is going to win and that that is a good thing for America then why do you care what Obama does? It almost seems like you just want to complain.

Where do you see a complaint in this thread? I see more of an attitude of acceptance for whatever comes.

txradioguy
10-31-2012, 07:01 AM

I think what we're doing is pointing out how little Obama cares about actual people and that he's more interesed in being king and doing what it takes to get re-elected.

Novaheart
10-31-2012, 12:12 PM
I think what we're doing is pointing out how little Obama cares about actual people and that he's more interesed in being king and doing what it takes to get re-elected.

When President Bush was on vacation you said he was working. When President Obama is on vacation you say he's ignoring his duties.

There is no reason to believe that Obama could do anything of which you would approve. Neither of these men can be presumed to be doing anything out of the goodness of his heart- THEY ARE POLITICIANS. Stop looking for a fucking savior or saint in that position, it's not going to happen. You have to be a piece of crap or willing to associate with them and play by their rules to get that far in politics.

Seriously, it comes off as if you are buying the Mormon crap; that you think that Romney goes home to fix his kid's bicycle before they settle in for Family Home Evening and a game of Twister. He has been at the top of industry, perhaps not as big a monster as Dick Cheney in terms of his associations and dealings, but a monster nonetheless. Stop telling yourself bedtime stories about these people.

Novaheart
10-31-2012, 12:19 PM
If God wants him in for 4 more years than so be it.

Seriously? I swear, people like you not only have ridiculous notions about what a god would be like, but you have absurdly narcissistic ideas about what would interest such a being. With the entire universe to keep an eye on, saying that God cares about an election is right up there with thinking that God blessed you with a good parking space at Walmart because he knows your foot hurts.

Arroyo_Doble
10-31-2012, 12:35 PM
Why are you yelling at these people, Nova?

Rockntractor
10-31-2012, 12:42 PM

Oh my god the emo squad!

Novaheart
10-31-2012, 01:05 PM

I'm practicing for my move to California. Fucking hippies!

Bailey
10-31-2012, 01:30 PM
Seems its Nova's time of the month....

LukeEDay
10-31-2012, 02:11 PM
Seems its Nova's time of the month....

That is every month; day; hour; minute; second ..

NJCardFan
10-31-2012, 02:34 PM
When President Bush was on vacation you said he was working. When President Obama is on vacation you say he's ignoring his duties.

Because when Bush took a vacation, he went to his house in Texas and took staff with him. Obama goes to Hawaii or Martha's Vineyard or Aspen or wherever. Not to mention that Obama has spent more time on the golf course than any other president in history.

Novaheart
10-31-2012, 03:48 PM
Because when Bush took a vacation, he went to his house in Texas and took staff with him. Obama goes to Hawaii or Martha's Vineyard or Aspen or wherever. Not to mention that Obama has spent more time on the golf course than any other president in history.

Now, I think that playing golf is a good reason to not vote for a president. It's right up there with smoking a pipe as a pointless waste of time, money, and other people's attention.