PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Room

SaintLouieWoman
06-10-2008, 10:10 PM
EMERGENCY ROOM....

The other day, I needed to go to the emergency room.

Not wanting to sit there for 4 hours, I put on my old Marine fatigues and stuck a patch that I had downloaded off the Internet onto the front of my shirt.

When I went into the E.R., I noticed that 3/4 of the people got up and left. I gues s they decided that they weren't that sick after all.Cut at least 3 hours off my waiting time.

Here's the patch. Feel free to use it the next time you're in need of quicker emergency service.

Sorry, wasn't able to post the patch. Received this as an email from a co-worker.

The patch says

BORDER PATROL

Zeus
06-10-2008, 10:23 PM
EMERGENCY ROOM....

The other day, I needed to go to the emergency room.

Not wanting to sit there for 4 hours, I put on my old Marine fatigues and stuck a patch that I had downloaded off the Internet onto the front of my shirt.

When I went into the E.R., I noticed that 3/4 of the people got up and left. I gues s they decided that they weren't that sick after all.Cut at least 3 hours off my waiting time.

Here's the patch. Feel free to use it the next time you're in need of quicker emergency service.

http://bobmccarty.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/border-patrol-patch.jpg

BORDER PATROL

Looks fine on my end ,You been huffin the pergo mastic aint ya :p

SaintLouieWoman
06-10-2008, 10:32 PM
Looks fine on my end ,You been huffin the pergo mastic aint ya :p

Maybe it's the gas can out in the garage that must be leaking. SR opened the garage door when he got home from work. :D

Cold Warrior
06-10-2008, 10:36 PM
I guess I'm very unclear on what's being discussed here. On the surface, it appears that the OP is suggesting that it's appropriate to pretend to be something one is not, in this case a border patrol officer who, in this time of xenophobia, is prized for his/her role in protecting our society, in order to gain preferential treatment in a medical facility. That is preferential over people who have been there longer and may (or may not) be more in need of treatment.

Since I doubt that this is the poster's intent, I must be missing something. Can anyone enlighten me? :confused:

Zeus
06-10-2008, 10:44 PM
I guess I'm very unclear on what's being discussed here. On the surface, it appears that the OP is suggesting that it's appropriate to pretend to be something one is not, in this case a border patrol officer who, in this time of xenophobia, is prized for his/her role in protecting our society, in order to gain preferential treatment in a medical facility. That is preferential over people who have been there longer and may (or may not) be more in need of treatment.

Since I doubt that this is the poster's intent, I must be missing something. Can anyone enlighten me? :confused:

It's a joke Kenneth :p

Cold Warrior
06-10-2008, 10:46 PM
It's a joke Kenneth :p

Ah, I see (I think). However, since you see it much more clear than I, could you explain the humor to me?

SaintLouieWoman
06-10-2008, 10:50 PM
Ah, I see (I think). However, since you see it much more clear than I, could you explain the humor to me?

If it must be explained to you, then guess you just will never understand. Go enjoy your adult beverage sipped out of your Waterford crystal. It was just one of those unsophisticated jokes that I'm sure the EU wannabes wouldn't comprehend. :rolleyes:

Zeus
06-10-2008, 10:54 PM

Hey SLW Been Huffin paint & thought it was funny. Cut her some slack ok ;)

Cold Warrior
06-10-2008, 10:55 PM
If it must be explained to you, then guess you just will never understand. Go enjoy your adult beverage sipped out of your Waterford crystal. It was just one of those unsophisticated jokes that I'm sure the EU wannabes wouldn't comprehend. :rolleyes:

Again, despite your resorts to insults, and the implicit threat that everyone on this board can recognize, I don't see the joke.

Cold Warrior
06-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Hey SLW Been Huffin paint & thought it was funny. Cut her some slack ok ;)

I have no clue (really) as to what that means.

SaintLouieWoman
06-10-2008, 11:00 PM
Again, despite your resorts to insults, and the implicit threat that everyone on this board can recognize, I don't see the joke.
What threat? There is no threat, implicit or otherwise. I guess I don't understand this time. :rolleyes:

Zeus
06-10-2008, 11:01 PM

For some strange reason Illegal immigrants get kinda nervous around Border Patrol & INS agents. scared they'll get shot in the butt I guess. although that a lotto winner for them if it happens specially if they trafficking in drugs at the time.

Shannon
06-10-2008, 11:03 PM

You're not that dense.;) I thought it was funny.

Cold Warrior
06-10-2008, 11:03 PM
For some strange reason Illegal immigrants get kinda nervous around Border Patrol & INS agents. scared they'll get shot in the butt I guess. although that a lotto winner for them if it happens specially if they trafficking in drugs at the time.

Ah, I see. You walk into the ER, pretending to be a border patrol agent, and all the spics run away so you can be first? Is that an adequate paraphrase?

Cold Warrior
06-10-2008, 11:06 PM
What threat? There is no threat, implicit or otherwise. I guess I don't understand this time. :rolleyes:

Yeah, right! Why don't you ask another poster from SL? Since I don't want to violate any rules by posting PMs (and since those PMs actually aren't available now), we'll all pretend that that threat doesn't exist! :rolleyes:

SaintLouieWoman
06-10-2008, 11:09 PM
Yeah, right! Why don't you ask another poster from SL? Since I don't want to violate any rules by posting PMs (and since those PMs actually aren't available now), we'll all pretend that that threat doesn't exist! :rolleyes:
There aren't any other posters from SL---at least none that I've ever corresponded with. Nice try at making stuff up. :rolleyes:

I've never threatened anyone. Not dignifying your junk with any other replies. If you have anything else to say, do it in PM's.

patriot45
06-10-2008, 11:12 PM
Ah, I see. You walk into the ER, pretending to be a border patrol agent, and all the spics run away so you can be first? Is that an adequate paraphrase?

If you were offended at that joke you will hate the way they are stopping illegals now!

Two mexicans are stuck in he desert,wandering aimlessly and close to death. They are close to just lying down and waiting for the inevitable, when all of a sudden…….. “Hey Pepe, do you smell what I smell? Ees bacon I ahm sure of eet.” “Si, Luis eet smells like bacon to meee”.

So with renewed strength, they struggle up the next sand dune, and there, in the distance, is a tree loaded with bacon. There’s raw bacon, dripping with moisture, there’s fried bacon, back bacon, double smoked bacon……every imaginable kind of cured pig meat. “Pepe, Pepe we ees saved! Eet is a Bacon Tree!” “Luis, are you sure ees not a meerage?”We ees in the desert don’t forget.” “Pepe when deed you ever hear of a meerage that smeell like bacon…..ees no meerage, ees a bacon tree”.

And with that ……. Luis races towards the tree. He gets to within 5 feet, with Pepe close behind, when all of a sudden a machine gun opens up and Luis is cut down in his tracks. It is clear he is mortally wounded but, true friend that he is, he manages to warn Pepe with his dying breath.

“Pepe….go back man, you was right….ees not a bacon tree.” “Luis, Luis, mi amigo…….what ees it?” “Pepe……ees not a bacon tree…… ees

ees

ees

ees

ees

ees

ees a HAM BUSH!.”

Zeus
06-10-2008, 11:14 PM

Not all of them just the Illegals.

Cold Warrior
06-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Not all of them just the Illegals.

Ah, just the illegal spics! hahahaha. Good joke.

Shannon
06-10-2008, 11:24 PM

I'm sure it includes the illegal frogs too.:p

Zeus
06-10-2008, 11:24 PM

why you being so racially insensitive, there could be some illegal Canadians in the ER also.

Cold Warrior
06-10-2008, 11:31 PM

Oh noes. No one expected the plague of illegal frogs in SL!!!

A stupid CW story. There was once a wrestler by the name of Rowdy Roddy Piper who, being completely crazy, went into the movies. He actually made more (if not better) movies than wrestlers Hulk Hogan, John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and the Rock put together. He did this great movie entitled Hell Comes to Frogtown (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093171/), which depicted life after a nuclear holocaust, in which frogs had become the dominant species, and human males were vitually wiped out. This caused the remaining human women to take them as sex slaves. It was an interesting concept.

But, fortunately, there were no spics in it so there is no need for anyone here to pretend to be a border agent.

Zeus
06-10-2008, 11:40 PM

why you being so racially insensitive, there could be some illegal Canadians in the ER also.

French canadians ;)

MrsSmith
06-11-2008, 09:03 AM
As I work in a hospital, I find the fact that illegal immigrants are using and abusing us for free healthcare somewhat less than amusing, regardless of CW's racial epithets and complete lack of knowledge. My hospital is small, and not close to the border, yet we write off millions every year in free healthcare, some for Americans, but certainly no where near all. This is true despite the recent legal changes that have caused many to find more hospitible areas to live.

Given that ERs are famous - or infamous - for the long waits, due to those who can't afford a doctor yet need some minor ailment treated, this joke strikes at what can be life or death for many Americans. If wearing a badge on fatigues causes some to magically feel better, I'm cool with that.

linda22003
06-11-2008, 09:12 AM

That's pretty much it. Not an all time knee-slapper.

BSR
06-11-2008, 10:43 AM
For God's Sake, you people complaining need to pull the stick out of your ass. It was a joke. If you dont like it, don't respond. No one is forcing you to respond to a joke you dont like. :rolleyes:

LogansPapa
06-11-2008, 10:50 AM
You're not that dense.;) I thought it was funny.

Now that's funny! :p:p:p

linda22003
06-11-2008, 11:15 AM

You want a frog joke? I gotcher frog joke, right here.

Once upon a time
~~~~~~~~
in a land far away,
~~~~~~~~
a beautiful, independent,
self-assured princess
~~~~~~~~
happened upon a frog as she sat
contemplating ecological issues
on the shores of an unpolluted pond
in a verdant meadow near her castle.
~~~~~~~~
The frog hopped into the princess' lap
and said: ' Elegant Lady,
I was once a handsome prince,
until an evil witch cast a spell upon me.
~~~~~~~~
One kiss from you, however,
and I will turn back
into the dapper, young prince that I am
~~~~~~~~
and then, my sweet, we can marry
~~~~~~~~
and set up housekeeping in your castle
~~~~~~~~
with my mother,
~~~~~~~~
where you can prepare my meals,
~~~~~~~~
clean my clothes, bear my children,
~~~~~~~~
and forever feel
grateful and happy doing so. '
~~~~~~~~
That night,
~~~~~~~~
as the princess dined sumptuously
~~~~~~~~
on lightly sautéed frog legs
~~~~~~~~
seasoned in a white wine
~~~~~~~
and onion cream sauce,
~~~~~~~~
she chuckled and thought to herself:
~~~~~~~~
I don't fuckin’ think so.

talleyJudy
06-11-2008, 11:34 AM
If you were offended at that joke you will hate the way they are stopping illegals now!

Quote:
Two mexicans are stuck in he desert,wandering aimlessly and close to death. They are close to just lying down and waiting for the inevitable, when all of a sudden…….. “Hey Pepe, do you smell what I smell? Ees bacon I ahm sure of eet.” “Si, Luis eet smells like bacon to meee”.

So with renewed strength, they struggle up the next sand dune, and there, in the distance, is a tree loaded with bacon. There’s raw bacon, dripping with moisture, there’s fried bacon, back bacon, double smoked bacon……every imaginable kind of cured pig meat. “Pepe, Pepe we ees saved! Eet is a Bacon Tree!” “Luis, are you sure ees not a meerage?”We ees in the desert don’t forget.” “Pepe when deed you ever hear of a meerage that smeell like bacon…..ees no meerage, ees a bacon tree”.

And with that ……. Luis races towards the tree. He gets to within 5 feet, with Pepe close behind, when all of a sudden a machine gun opens up and Luis is cut down in his tracks. It is clear he is mortally wounded but, true friend that he is, he manages to warn Pepe with his dying breath.

“Pepe….go back man, you was right….ees not a bacon tree.” “Luis, Luis, mi amigo…….what ees it?” “Pepe……ees not a bacon tree…… ees

ees

ees

ees

ees

ees

ees a HAM BUSH!.”

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u183/talleyJudy/labradorksrussmilielaughing025.gif

lacarnut
06-11-2008, 12:04 PM
For God's Sake, you people complaining need to pull the stick out of your ass. It was a joke. If you dont like it, don't respond. No one is forcing you to respond to a joke you dont like. :rolleyes:

I thought the joke was funny as all get out. Linda's22003 joke fell flat as a pancake.

linda22003
06-11-2008, 12:07 PM
I thought the joke was funny as all get out. Linda's22003 joke fell flat as a pancake.

I can see why a guy would think so. :p

lacarnut
06-11-2008, 12:10 PM
I can see why a guy would think so. :p

I can see why a broad would think yours is funny.

linda22003
06-11-2008, 12:11 PM
Oh, not only abroad; domestically, as well. :)

lacarnut
06-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Oh, not only abroad; domestically, as well. :)

Snobbish yankees for sure

linda22003
06-11-2008, 12:35 PM
That got me curious, so I looked up the derivation of the slang term "broad", and there doesn't seem to be much agreement on its origin. It's certainly outdated; I haven't heard it in years, and decades is probably more accurate. It's a very 1930s-1950s term.

BSR
06-11-2008, 12:42 PM
That got me curious, so I looked up the derivation of the slang term "broad", and there doesn't seem to be much agreement on its origin. It's certainly outdated; I haven't heard it in years, and decades is probably more accurate. It's a very 1930s-1950s term.

how about dame?

linda22003
06-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Dame goes WAY back; I've seen references to it in seventeenth century works, and in fact it's still an honorific title bestowed by the Queen, in England.

In terms of slang, I think broad and dame are two distinct entities. I would consider Mae West and Jean Harlow to be dames; Texas Guinan was a broad.

BSR
06-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Dame goes WAY back; I've seen references to it in seventeenth century works, and in fact it's still an honorific title bestowed by the Queen, in England.

In terms of slang, I think broad and dame are two distinct entities. I would consider Mae West and Jean Harlow to be dames; Texas Guinan was a broad.

huh, thats interesting.. Thanks for looking it up cause I'm to lazy.

Cold Warrior
06-11-2008, 01:01 PM

Dudley Moore did exactly the same thing (looking up the definition/derivation of the term "broad") in "10" just before breaking out with "I want a broad, just like the broad who married dear old dad."

Shannon
06-11-2008, 01:02 PM

I had never heard the term "moll" before a few years ago when I started reading up on Dillinger. " Broad" made me think of that.

linda22003
06-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Yes, a gangster's moll, sometimes known as a "gun moll". Another interesting slang term is "gunsel", which I first learned when I saw Bogart in "The Maltese Falcon". The junior gangster who tries to rough him up is a "gunsel".

I love slang from the thirties and forties; it's fun to watch films from that time for the line of patter.

Cold Warrior
06-11-2008, 02:16 PM

Yes you have. You and I both used it as the second of a triple word phrase in a conversation regarding sex toys (the first being "booze" and we differed on the third)! :D

linda22003
06-11-2008, 02:57 PM
You could be right, but certainly not in conversation (I was thinking of the "real" world).