PDA

View Full Version : Should they make a Civil war/south vs north forum?

Bailey
11-05-2012, 07:48 PM
I mean its tiring when someone from the south brings up the civil war or how much of a traitor Lincoln was etc.

Rockntractor
11-05-2012, 07:56 PM
I mean its tiring when someone from the south brings up the civil war or how much of a traitor Lincoln was etc.

Use the History forum if you would like that discussion.

Retread
11-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Just be more opportunity for unknowing folks to praise a traitor.

JB
11-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Should they make a Civil war/south vs north forum?Probably not.

We don't really discuss the war of southern aggression much anymore.

Molon Labe
11-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Probably not.

We don't really discuss the war of southern aggression much anymore.

I agree.

Stupid forum is stupid. Doesn't change my beliefs.

LukeEDay
11-05-2012, 09:19 PM
Nothing will change a liberals beliefs. After all they are completely opposite reality and common sense.

djones520
11-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Nothing will change a liberals beliefs. After all they are completely opposite reality and common sense.

Not everything is about Liberals you know. Like this conversation for one thing.

LukeEDay
11-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Not everything is about Liberals you know. Like this conversation for one thing.

Correction. The ones who said that their opinions will not change and they hate Lincoln are liberals .. ;)

m00
11-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Correction. The ones who said that their opinions will not change and they hate Lincoln are liberals .. ;)

That seems very reductionist. I assumed you were an software engineer of some sort?

LukeEDay
11-05-2012, 10:49 PM
That seems very reductionist. I assumed you were an software engineer of some sort?

That is 'A' software engineer. Since you mention it, I am quite versed in computer functionality. What does that have to do with the cost of pork in Iran?

Note: I am a day trader who used to be a compute repair man ... ;)

djones520
11-05-2012, 10:51 PM
That is 'A' software engineer. Since you mention it, I am quite versed in computer functionality. What does that have to do with the cost of pork in Iran?

Note: I am a day trader who used to be a compute repair man ... ;)

I love it when people correct spelling and grammer, and then have errors of their own.

m00
11-05-2012, 10:54 PM
That is 'A' software engineer.

I originally wrote "an engineer" and then made a change.

Since you mention it, I am quite versed in computer functionality. What does that have to do with the cost of pork in Iran?

Well, you just made an illogical statement. But if you are a day trader, I guess you thrive on illogic. :friendly_wink:

LukeEDay
11-05-2012, 11:00 PM
I originally wrote "an engineer" and then made a change.

Well, you just made an illogical statement. But if you are a day trader, I guess you thrive on illogic. :friendly_wink:

Na, liberals thrive on illogics. That is their whole thought process. None of it is based on common sense; or reality.

I do something liberals also don't do. That is I research and 'Check Facts' before making any decision, whether it comes to politics or trading. When it comes to trading you can't just buy what looks good. You will lose your shirt. It is the same with politics. People bought obama without researching and because he looked good. It came back and kicked them in the butt.

There is a lot of buyers remorse with obama. Hey, that is another trading term ;)

Rockntractor
11-05-2012, 11:17 PM
Somehow I need to get all sides pissed here?http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_0169.gif (http://www.desismileys.com/)

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/Gomez-s-Train-Wreck-addams-family-5_zpsf9902a1a.jpg

LukeEDay
11-05-2012, 11:40 PM
Somehow I need to get all sides pissed here?http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_0169.gif (http://www.desismileys.com/)

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/Gomez-s-Train-Wreck-addams-family-5_zpsf9902a1a.jpg

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:: rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Ya know the odd thing? Watching Gomez stand there looking at the stock ticker coming out of his feeder while smoking a cigar is one of the things that made me get interested in stocks and Wall Street. :evil-grin:

m00
11-06-2012, 12:33 AM
Na, liberals thrive on illogics. That is their whole thought process. None of it is based on common sense; or reality.

I do something liberals also don't do. That is I research and 'Check Facts' before making any decision, whether it comes to politics or trading.

There are liberals that fact check too, but you won't find them on DU. Or on the 24 hour news cycle. Problem I see is that the world is so complex that when you and I talk about a 'fact' we really just mean the tip of a convoluted iceberg. Because nothing exists in a vacuum. Unfortunately we live in a world of gladiator-combat-by-soundbytes.

It's like... liberalism and conservatism -- these terms mean different things to different people. If someone is intellectually honest (and most people aren't), these terms aren't good or bad. They can't be, because there is no 'fact' of a definition. They mean what a given speaker wants them to mean. Look at Classical Liberalism. From wikipedia --"Classical liberalism is a political ideology, a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties and political freedom with limited government under the rule of law and emphasizes economic freedom" Either definitions change, or nothing means anything. :cool:

By that definition, would you consider yourself a classical liberal?

NJCardFan
11-06-2012, 01:35 AM
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:: rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Ya know the odd thing? Watching Gomez stand there looking at the stock ticker coming out of his feeder while smoking a cigar is one of the things that made me get interested in stocks and Wall Street. :evil-grin:

It still cracks me up when he would pull a cigar from the cigar store indian and it was already lit. I saw Roger Rees play Gomez on Broadway and his performance didn't hold a candle to John Astin.

That said, y'all lost the war. Get over it.

Retread
11-06-2012, 02:54 PM

And stupid is as stupid does.

LukeEDay
11-06-2012, 03:15 PM
And stupid is as stupid does.

Exactly ...