PDA

View Full Version : CHRISTIE CALLS OBAMA TO CONGRATULATE, EMAILS ROMNEY

txradioguy
11-09-2012, 09:14 AM
New Jersey Gov. Benedict Arnold Christie revealed that he took the time to make a personal phone call to congratulate Barack Obama on his reelection. Christie was clear that any political chicanery was not discussed:

“We didn’t have a political strategy discussion. I said congratulations on your win last night Mr. President, he said thank you governor.”

Oops. Properly italicized, that last sentence should read, “Thank you, Governor.”

Christie has lashed out at Republicans, upset with his glowing words for Obama during the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, especially Mitt Romney’s staffers, saying:

"When you get to the end of a campaign and it’s unsure of the results, those who fear they may be blamed if things don’t go well will try to look for other people to blame. That’s the way it goes.”

Here’s the way it goes for Christie: he didn’t call Romney, simply emailed him his condolences, saying weakly, “We haven't spoken on the phone yet."

There’s a shock.

One would suppose that the journey of being the keynote speaker at the Republican National Convention to stabbing Mitt Romney in the back a week before the election must have been exhausting for Christie.

No wonder he didn’t have the energy to call Romney. And for all of Christie's reputed toughness, he didn’t have the ***** to call the man whose dreams and career he sabotaged.

Some tough guy.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/11/08/Christie-Calls-Obama-To-Congratulate-But-Only-Emails-Condolences-To-Romney

LukeEDay
11-09-2012, 09:15 AM
Well, working with the President is a good thing. But kissing his ass when all he did was show up at your state for a photo-op is stupid.

Hawkgirl
11-09-2012, 05:53 PM
Is Fatso trying to get a seat in his cabinet? Why all the ass kissing?

Rockntractor
11-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Is Fatso trying to get a seat in his cabinet? Why all the ass kissing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpbbuaIA3Ds

LukeEDay
11-09-2012, 07:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpbbuaIA3Ds

One of the greatest albums in history.

Elspeth
11-10-2012, 12:20 AM
You don't know how much Obama is making Christie bow and scrape to get money for New Jersey. Christie was one of Zero's biggest critics. Now that Christie's state needs Federal disaster relief--which should be a non-political thing--the Empty Suited bastard is now taking his pound of flesh and destroying Christie's political career.

SaintLouieWoman
11-10-2012, 12:49 AM
You don't know how much Obama is making Christie bow and scrape to get money for New Jersey. Christie was one of Zero's biggest critics. Now that Christie's state needs Federal disaster relief--which should be a non-political thing--the Empty Suited bastard is now taking his pound of flesh and destroying Christie's political career.

Anyone who takes anything from Obama should remember the old stories about what happens when people accept favors from the Godfather. In the end, you're not gaining much.'
'

Elspeth
11-10-2012, 12:57 AM
Anyone who takes anything from Obama should remember the old stories about what happens when people accept favors from the Godfather. In the end, you're not gaining much.'
'

Yeah, but the state is crushed and people are in real trouble. It's, unfortunately, an offer he can't refuse.

SaintLouieWoman
11-10-2012, 01:27 AM
Yeah, but the state is crushed and people are in real trouble. It's, unfortunately, an offer he can't refuse.
It sounds like a bad deal as it doesn't look like Christie is getting all that much. He gave way more than he got.

Bailey
11-10-2012, 07:56 AM
Why is Federal aid dependent on what the President says? Shouldn't it be automatic? Well his ass kissing just cost him my vote, for any office he runs for in the future

NJCardFan
11-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Why is Federal aid dependent on what the President says? Shouldn't it be automatic? Well his ass kissing just cost him my vote, for any office he runs for in the future

Wife and I already said we're not supporting him in his re-election bid for governor next year.

SaintLouieWoman
11-10-2012, 09:34 PM

It should be automatic, not dependent on politics. But in the presidential era of Chicago thug-dom (is that a word? to the winner belongs the spoils. I guess the Republican governors had best get used to begging to the thug in chief. Remember that revenge thing.

txradioguy
11-11-2012, 07:38 AM

Should be...but explain that to states like Texas...Kentucky and a couple others that had disasters strike and FEMA turned down their repeated requests for Federal aid and weren't lucky enough to have the President come tour their area.

Remember too that Obama wasn't going to go visit Louisiana until he found out Romney was going there.

This is a vindictive man we have in office...e bases decisions on whether to give out aid based on whether the state voted for him or not.

SaintLouieWoman
11-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Should be...but explain that to states like Texas...Kentucky and a couple others that had disasters strike and FEMA turned down their repeated requests for Federal aid and weren't lucky enough to have the President come tour their area.

Remember too that Obama wasn't going to go visit Louisiana until he found out Romney was going there.

This is a vindictive man we have in office...e bases decisions on whether to give out aid based on whether the state voted for him or not.

The electorate really isn't too perceptive. What does it take to show him that he isn't all that likeable? He indeed is a nasty, shallow man with a good dose of narcissism. Hang on, it's going to be a bumpy ride the next 4 years.

Zathras
11-11-2012, 02:26 PM
The electorate really isn't too perceptive. What does it take to show him that he isn't all that likeable? He indeed is a nasty, shallow man with a good dose of narcissism. Hang on, it's going to be a bumpy ride the next 4 years.

The people who voted for the Empty Suit don't care if he's a nasty, shallow narcissist. All they care is about the free stuff he's going to give them, the rest of us and, indeed, America as a free country be damned.

m00
11-11-2012, 02:29 PM

Oh, come on. Let me make a prediction. Four years from now when Christie is the nominee in the "most important election of our lifetimes" because "Hillary Clinton will destroy the country" most people on this board will not only vote for Christie, but attack those who are the least bit critical.

Rockntractor
11-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Oh, come on. Let me make a prediction. Four years from now when Christie is the nominee in the "most important election of our lifetimes" because "Hillary Clinton will destroy the country" most people on this board will not only vote for Christie, but attack those who are the least bit critical.

Until there is equal over site by both parties over the voting process it matters not who, how, or what Republicans run for president, we will not win.
No more electronic machines and all ballots must be tamper proof with a full paper trail and right to verify.
It should go without saying that picture ID and proof of eligibility should be given before any vote is accepted.

SaintLouieWoman
11-11-2012, 10:21 PM
The people who voted for the Empty Suit don't care if he's a nasty, shallow narcissist. All they care is about the free stuff he's going to give them, the rest of us and, indeed, America as a free country be damned.

One of the many mistakes made by Republicans was feeling they had to be "nice" and be likeable. Romney smiled so nicely and didn't go for the jugular during that 2nd debate. It was a big mistake. When he had his opponent dopwn, he should have never given him a break. Obama just went after him more fiercely after he got his second wind.

Romney and his handlers forgot that it was a fight to the finish, not a country club cotillion. That's why my first choice was Newt, who definitely wouldn't roll over.