PDA

View Full Version : Statement on Resignation of Petraeus

txradioguy
11-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Below is the text of the statement from the Director of National Intelligence

DNI STATEMENT ON THE RESIGNATION OF CIA DIRECTOR DAVID PETRAEUS

Today, CIA Director David Petraeus submitted his letter of resignation to the President. Dave’s decision to step down represents the loss of one of our nation’s most respected public servants. From his long, illustrious Army career to his leadership at the helm of CIA, Dave has redefined what it means to serve and sacrifice for one’s country.

Since he took over as Director in September of last year, he and I have worked together to tackle some of the most challenging issues faced by the Intelligence Community in more than a decade. Under his leadership, the CIA remained instrumental in providing our policy makers decision advantage through the best possible intelligence. I’m particularly thankful for Dave’s unwavering support and personal commitment to my efforts to lead the Intelligence Community and integrate our intelligence enterprise.

Whether he was in uniform leading our nation’s troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, or at CIA headquarters leading the effort to generate intelligence used to keep our nation safe, Dave inspired people who had the privilege of working with him.

I have spent more than five decades serving our country–in uniform and out–and of all the exceptional men and women I have worked with over the years, I can honestly say that Dave Petraeus stands out as one of our nation’s great patriots.

On behalf of the entire Intelligence Community, I thank Dave for his service, his support and his continued friendship.

James R. Clapper

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/11/09/statement-on-resignation-of-petreaus/

SaintLouieWoman
11-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Another one of Obama's casualtes. Honest men don't last long in the O administration. God help us who he gets to do this job next.

General Petraeus is a patriot, not many of them left. I can't believe how the left mocked him with "be-tray-us". That was shameful.

Thanks to a good man for his service to our country.

linda22003
11-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Honest men. Have you heard the reason he gave for his resignation?

ABC in Georgia
11-09-2012, 04:43 PM
Honest men. Have you heard the reason he gave for his resignation?

Yes, and I do not for one minute think a man of his caliber, whether the reason given was true or not ... would resign over something so inconsequential to the "big picture" as this.

There is more to this story than meets the eye!!!

linda22003
11-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Inconsequential? The military really frowns on this stuff. There are lots of conspiracy theories over at FR.

SaintLouieWoman
11-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Inconsequential? The military really frowns on this stuff. There are lots of conspiracy theories over at FR.

Odd timing. And it's particularly odd that he would put it in the first sentence of his resignation letter. I suspect one of the thugs weren't happy with the assertion that the CIA had not refused support when requested. Remember that "revenge" thing mentioned by our annointed one and his close friend, Valerie Jarrett?

Something smells here. I agree with ABC.

Lager
11-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Inconsequential? The military really frowns on this stuff. There are lots of conspiracy theories over at FR. I agree. Security clearances are greatly affected by affairs. They call into question the possiblity of blackmail, and raise trust issues. Petraeus seems like someone who would do the right thing. Timing is suspicious though.

ABC in Georgia
11-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Inconsequential? The military really frowns on this stuff.

That is not what I meant.

Regardless of what it meant ... if true, to his career, I meant it in terms of what he was about to testify to in regard to Benghazi ...

What if his truth would reflect badly on our beloved leader?

IMHO ... he has been squelched!!!

m00
11-09-2012, 04:56 PM

I think if the CIA can fake the moon landing, assassinate JFK, and architect 9/11, it shouldn't have been too hard to cover up a simple affair if they really wanted to. :cool:

linda22003
11-09-2012, 04:57 PM
As I said, there are lots of conspiracy theories over on FR. They probably have lots you haven't thought of yet.

Lager
11-09-2012, 04:57 PM
I had hoped he would eventually run for public office. It's been awhile since we had a General as POTUS.

linda22003
11-09-2012, 04:59 PM
I've heard he's up for President of Princeton.

txradioguy
11-09-2012, 05:03 PM
Yes, and I do not for one minute think a man of his caliber, whether the reason given was true or not ... would resign over something so inconsequential to the "big picture" as this.

Especially in light of the Benghazi hearings that are about to start next week.

linda22003
11-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Especially in light of the Benghazi hearings that are about to start next week.

Congress can still call him, and likely will.

SaintLouieWoman
11-09-2012, 05:17 PM
One of the military Fox commentators on Cavuto's show just said what many of us had been saying---that the timing was very suspicious. He said that the affair had been known for some time and came right out and said that the thugs (he worded it more graciously) chose to bring it up now. They want to squelch his testimony. If he is called up by Congress now, he's damaged goods. His successor will carry the water for the administration.

I hope the country reflects on what a vicious administration they've elected. God help us all. The murder in Behghazi will never have the truth see the light of day. Good little Acorn people, particularly Chicago ones, make sure that truth doesn't emerge.

SarasotaRepub
11-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Congress can still call him, and likely will.

Nope, not happening Linda, it was just on that he is NOT going to testify. SHOCKING!!!!

Rockntractor
11-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Nope, not happening Linda, it was just on that he is NOT going to testify. SHOCKING!!!!

This is certainly good news for Linda, I think she was expressing her worry that Dear Leader might be exposed.

djones520
11-09-2012, 05:46 PM

Who said it?

It would seem to me that it's Congress's business who does and doesn't testify.

SarasotaRepub
11-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Who said it?

Sorry, It was reported by Neal Cavuto of Fox. Do you honestly think if Lord O doesn't want the General to
talk that he will???

djones520
11-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Sorry, It was reported by Neal Cavuto of Fox. Do you honestly think if Lord O doesn't want the General to
talk that he will???

What will the President do? He's a private citizen now. Short of his car break lines suddenly breaking... I hope we're not that ready to go off the deep end on conspiracy theories yet.

If Congress subpoena's him to testify, then he's obligated to.

Rockntractor
11-09-2012, 06:18 PM
What will the President do? He's a private citizen now. Short of his car break lines suddenly breaking... I hope we're not that ready to go off the deep end on conspiracy theories yet.

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/puzzled.jpg

RobJohnson
11-09-2012, 06:28 PM

Of course he won't testify, that would blow the cover up by our President.

Odysseus
11-09-2012, 06:49 PM
If anything, this frees him up to be more candid, in the event that he is called to testify.

I have a lot of respect for the General as a leader and commander, but if Patton and Ike succumbed to temptation, why wouldn't he?

JB
11-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Honest men. Have you heard the reason he gave for his resignation?Do you really want to go down that road?

Your hero, and the hero of the Left, maybe the second most popular Demopuke ever, cheated on his wife several times, lied about it, was accused of rape, took advantage of a young female subordinate and then didn't give a second thought about resigning over it because he has no honor.

Clinton gave every man in America a pass on cheating on his wife and not having to suffer any consequences as a result of it. In fact, he became more popular, public and richer after it. So spare us your indignation and judgement.

Hawkgirl
11-09-2012, 07:57 PM
They say it's a woman reporter. They show a picture of the two of them laughing aboard a plane. Something is fishy. They wanted to disgrace him for some reason.

Rockntractor
11-09-2012, 10:11 PM
What a fucking coincidence, 2 generals and an admiral in two months, nothing to see here, move along.

Starbuck
11-09-2012, 10:28 PM
Odd timing. And it's particularly odd that he would put it in the first sentence of his resignation letter. I suspect one of the thugs weren't happy with the assertion that the CIA had not refused support when requested. Remember that "revenge" thing mentioned by our annointed one and his close friend, Valerie Jarrett?

Awright. Here's the scoop.

Patraeus knows Obama has to go. Broadwell feels the same way. They thought Obama would lose and that would take care of the problem.
But it didn't.
No problem; they had a plan B.
Plan B was they staged an affair that they never had, and leaked the story to the FBI through a third party who was undergoing a routine background check. The third party believed the story was true, and didn't realize she was being used by Patraeus and Broadwell.
When the third party tells the FBI, the FBI goes to Broadwell to corroborate the story. Broadwell confesses that it is all true. She tells Patraeus that the plan is working.
Patraeus resigns. Obama accepts and the rest of the world is stunned.
Now, Patraeus, as a civilian, can be compelled to testify as to what he knew about Obama's activities during the Benghazi affair.
His testimony is damning! Obama has actually broken the law and lied about it, and Patraeus knew about it all along but could not tell anyone as long as he was employed as Director.
Obama is impeached, disgraced, and removed from office!

(last scene) Patraeus, Mrs Patraeus, Broadwell, and Mr Broadwell are all enjoying a barbeque together. Patraeus has his retirement, and Broadwell's book about Patraeus has become a best seller. None of them will ever have to work again and they have rid America of the worst President in history......And no one ever suspected the truth.

The End:smile-new:

SaintLouieWoman
11-09-2012, 10:32 PM
They say it's a woman reporter. They show a picture of the two of them laughing aboard a plane. Something is fishy. They wanted to disgrace him for some reason.

They said she was his biographer and was there in Afghanistan with him for a year. So it's nothing all that recent. And it was coming across that it was found by the FBI, who "happened" to come across some emails from her. Geeze, what a coincidence. It sounds like a setup.

JB, you beat me to it with the Clinton comments. It's funny how the dems can throw everything up in our faces, but become very vocal in condemning a military or a conservative person. With them, as with Bubba C, anything goes.

Also I thought that I heard that Patraeus said he wasn't testifying. Something really, really smells here, and it's not just the rubbing the salt in the wounds from our not so loyal opposition.

SaintLouieWoman
11-09-2012, 10:34 PM
Awright. Here's the scoop.

Patraeus knows Obama has to go. Broadwell feels the same way. They thought Obama would lose and that would take care of the problem.
But it didn't.
Plan B was they staged an affair that they never had, and leaked the story to the FBI through a third party who was undergoing a routine background check. The third party believed the story was true, and didn't realize she was being used by Patraeus and Broadwell.
When the third party tells the FBI, the FBI goes to Broadwell to corroborate the story. Broadwell confesses that it is all true. She tells Patraeus that the plan is working.
Now, Patraeus, as a civilian, can be compelled to testify as to what he knew about Obama's activities during the Benghazi affair.
His testimony is damning! Obama has actually broken the law and lied about it, and Patraeus knew about it all along but could not tell anyone as long as he was employed as Director.

(last scene) Patraeus, Mrs Patraeus, Broadwell, and Mr Broadwell are all enjoying a barbeque together. Patraeus has his retirement, and Broadwell's book about Patraeus has become a best seller. None of them will ever have to work again and they have rid America of the worst President in history......And no one ever suspected the truth.

The End:smile-new:

If only that were true. I hope Patraeus does testify to what he knows. Turnabout would be fair play if Obama falls on that same sword that got Nixon after his reelection.

Apocalypse
11-09-2012, 10:53 PM
If only that were true. I hope Patraeus does testify to what he knows. Turnabout would be fair play if Obama falls on that same sword that got Nixon after his reelection.
More then likely considering the position he's leaving, there would be a confidentiality clause attached upon leaving. One with sever penalties. He won't say a word, not if he doesn't want prison time.

Same with those two relived for disobeying Obama in Libya. They can't talk, if they do, Obama will throw the book at them for disobeying a direct order from the CnC of the US. Those in the military should know what penalties come with that. They are in a damned if they do, and damned if they don't situation. Right now, they are facing at best a discharge from the military. But if they talk, they will face hard time.

djones520
11-09-2012, 11:07 PM
More then likely considering the position he's leaving, there would be a confidentiality clause attached upon leaving. One with sever penalties. He won't say a word, not if he doesn't want prison time.

Same with those two relived for disobeying Obama in Libya. They can't talk, if they do, Obama will throw the book at them for disobeying a direct order from the CnC of the US. Those in the military should know what penalties come with that. They are in a damned if they do, and damned if they don't situation. Right now, they are facing at best a discharge from the military. But if they talk, they will face hard time.

Whistle blower protection laws Apoc. They're designed to prevent things like that.

FlaGator
11-09-2012, 11:08 PM
I look at the world though the lens of a very simple philosophy... there are no coincidences.

Rockntractor
11-09-2012, 11:09 PM
They are in a damned if they do, and damned if they don't situation. Right now, they are facing at best a discharge from the military. But if they talk, they will face hard time.

There is nothing harder to face for a good man than his own conscience.

ABC in Georgia
11-09-2012, 11:22 PM
They said she was his biographer and was there in Afghanistan with him for a year. So it's nothing all that recent. And it was coming across that it was found by the FBI, who "happened" to come across some emails from her. Geeze, what a coincidence. It sounds like a setup.

An interesting comment I found re this story on Breitbart ...

How quickly we forget. The Chicago nazi would always find either a divorce or extramarital affair attached to one of their opponents. True?

I remember reading about this long ago somewhere. About how Obama defeated *all* his opponents when running for the Illinois State Senate.

Whether true or not, I don't know, but I wouldn't put anything past this despicable man and his enablers.

Apocalypse
11-09-2012, 11:35 PM
Whistle blower protection laws Apoc. They're designed to prevent things like that.

Not fully.

What is Military Whistleblower protection?
The Military Whistleblower Protection Act, Title 10 U.S.C. 1034, as amended, prohibits interference with a military memberís right to make protected communications to members of Congress; Inspectors General; members of DoD audit, inspection, investigation or law enforcement organizations; and other persons or organizations (including the chain of command) designated by regulation or administrative procedures. A protected communication is any lawful communication to a Member of Congress or an IG, as well as any communication made to a person or organization designated under competent regulations to receive such communications, which a member of the Armed Services reasonably believes reports a violation of law or regulation.

What law or regulation did Obama violate when he ordered those two to stand down and not engage?

Did they disobey a direct order from Obama? Hell yes.

The Wistleblower clause doesn't protect them unless there was an actual violation of some law or regulation.

If they talk, they are screwed. They could face Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 5 years. If Obama really wanted to be a dick, say it is during a time of war, and add the death penalty.

Apocalypse
11-09-2012, 11:44 PM

I doubt its a set-up, but won't rule it out. To me, sounds like a lame excuse to get the hell out of dodge before Obama has a chance to throw him under the bus for Libya putting full blame on Petraeus for the incident.

Obama wants him gone bad enough, I do believe he has it in his authority to just replace him. I think Petraeus knows enough of what really happened, but also knows that there is enough to put the blame back on him self if Obama really was looking for a scape-goat.

Elspeth
11-10-2012, 12:05 AM
Won't it be easier to scapegoat him now that he is gone?

Retread
11-10-2012, 12:09 AM

but the mess-----iah is immune to law.

Elspeth
11-10-2012, 12:15 AM
Also, Oblahblah has been the worst on whistleblowers, even while claiming to support them:

Obama Pursuing Leakers Sends Warning to Whistle-Blowers (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-18/obama-pursuing-leakers-sends-warning-to-whistle-blowers.html)

Obama Administration Convicts Whistleblower, Gives Accused Torturers A Free Pass (http://www.forbes.com/sites/timothylee/2012/10/25/obama-administration-convicts-whistleblower-gives-accused-torturers-a-free-pass/)

Obama's War on Whistleblowers (http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/06/obamas-whistleblowers-stuxnet-leaks-drones)

Obama has Prosecuted More Whistleblowers than All Other Presidents COMBINED (http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/04/obama-has-prosecuted-more-whistleblowers-than-all-other-presidents-combined.html)

Apocalypse
11-10-2012, 12:18 AM
Won't it be easier to scapegoat him now that he is gone?

He could. But least now Petraeus is out safely enough that his retirement and benefits should be safe from any reprisal.

Elspeth
11-10-2012, 12:21 AM
He could. But least now Petraeus is out safely enough that his retirement and benefits should be safe from any reprisal.

Then it may have been done by mutual agreement.

SaintLouieWoman
11-10-2012, 01:19 AM
Then it may have been done by mutual agreement.

Polite term for a deal was done. But it might be disrupted. There was a congressman on Fox tonight who said they'll talk to Patraeus voluntarily or via subpoena. I don't think the general will lie under oath. But who knows how many threats are being held over his head.

txradioguy
11-10-2012, 01:39 AM

C'mon Jonsey don't be that naive. You're talking about an administration that has unsealed divorce records...made up outright lies and God knows what else to get where its at now. He's got a military pension they can screw with and if they felt so inclined they could still call him back to AD and courts martial him on this and drop him a star or two.

You don't need to ask what else this President will do...ask when he's gonna do it.

djones520
11-10-2012, 01:42 AM
C'mon Jonsey don't be that naive. You're talking about an administration that has unsealed divorce records...made up outright lies and God knows what else to get where its at now. He's got a military pension they can screw with and if they felt so inclined they could still call him back to AD and courts martial him on this and drop him a star or two.

You don't need to ask what else this President will do...ask when he's gonna do it.

Only Congress has the authority do that Tx.

txradioguy
11-10-2012, 01:43 AM

Nope they can still screw with his benefits.

djones520
11-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Rep. King says he is still expected to testify.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/11/09/rep_peter_king_petraeus_absolutely_necessary_witne ss.html

"Absolutely, to me, he's an absolutely necessary witness," King said when asked if Petraeus will testify.

Rockntractor
11-10-2012, 12:22 PM
If he does testify does anyone really think that congress would start impeachment hearings against Obama if he was implicated in questionable activities concerning Benghazi?

ABC in Georgia
11-10-2012, 12:54 PM
If he does testify does anyone really think that congress would start impeachment hearings against Obama if he was implicated in questionable activities concerning Benghazi?

Nope ...

Not this reluctant serf!!!!!!

Would be stopped DOA in the Senate!

Starbuck
11-10-2012, 03:31 PM

ONLY if the press clamors for it. Add the sex twist to the Benghazi and now you have something the press is interested in. And an Obama defending himself is not an Obama willing to persecute his accuser.

Read my made up story about Petraeus and Broadwell:

But it didn't.

The End
Now, I just made the whole thing up. But what if portions of it are true? :smile-new:

AmPat
11-11-2012, 10:56 AM
Who said it?

Congress "asked" Shrillery, she declined. Seems her busy schedule just could not accommodate something so inconsequential as a few questions into a murder investigation. I wonder if she'll get a pass from Maobama like Holder if she is subpoenaed.

Novaheart
11-11-2012, 11:05 AM

I would be sure of it, which is why I can't understand why people are investing so much time and emotion on it. There are such parlor games in the halls of power. People come and go strategically. And consider that Petraeus never spent very long in any position he held in his career. Hell, he spent most of his life going to school and hopscotching up the ladder of command.

Novaheart
11-11-2012, 11:09 AM

Come on now. Can you honestly imagine George Bush putting up with any shit out of the likes of Valerie Jarrett? We're not talking about the Secretary of Agriculture here, we're talking about the Director of the CIA.

Yes, it's odd that he would be so candid, but if he's one of those guys who joined up with the Promise Keeper set or some other confessional self flogging group of knee walkers who made him cry, then throwing himself on a fire in penance would be entirely consistent.

Novaheart
11-11-2012, 11:11 AM
I've heard he's up for President of Princeton.

Makes sense. He spent a lot of time there, in uniform no less.

Rockntractor
11-11-2012, 11:12 AM
I would be sure of it, which is why I can't understand why people are investing so much time and emotion on it. There are such parlor games in the halls of power. People come and go strategically. And consider that Petraeus never spent very long in any position he held in his career. Hell, he spent most of his life going to school and hopscotching up the ladder of command.

Two generals and one admiral in the last month after Benghazi, nothing to see here, move along.

AmPat
11-11-2012, 11:20 AM
Come on now. Can you honestly imagine George Bush putting up with any shit out of the likes of Valerie Jarrett? We're not talking about the Secretary of Agriculture here, we're talking about the Director of the CIA.

Yes, it's odd that he would be so candid, but if he's one of those guys who joined up with the Promise Keeper set or some other confessional self flogging group of knee walkers who made him cry, then throwing himself on a fire in penance would be entirely consistent.
How rich, you of all people comparing PK's to "self floggers and knee walkers." What is it then for those who stick lightbulbs and Gerbils up their anus and allow men to pound away at their sphincters like jack hammers? Come on Skippy, use your vaunted adjectives to skillfully describe that.:rolleyes:

Novaheart
11-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Two generals and one admiral in the last month after Benghazi, nothing to see here, move along.

Shit happens.

Not that it's at all relevant, but on election night after going to the Romney office to gloat, I stopped by McDonald's for a vanilla cone (175 calories). I handed the clerk a five dollar bill and apparently aware that his candidate had lost, this idiot (whom I suspect was from the midwest judging by his accent) said, "This is who we need for President." I looked at him like he was the idiot he was, and said, "You mean a man who killed 600,000 Americans?" He was puzzled, and said, "Oh, the Civil War? " in a tone of voice like "That silly thing?"

I would love to be able to report that I converted that young man to enlightenment, but instead I looked at him and said, "No, what this country needs is a benevolent dictator and within ten years we will have one."

Rockntractor
11-11-2012, 11:29 AM
How rich, you of all people comparing PK's to "self floggers and knee walkers." What is it then for those who stick lightbulbs and Gerbils up their anus and allow men to pound away at their sphincters like jack hammers? Come on Skippy, use your vaunted adjectives to skillfully describe that.:rolleyes:

Luckily for him they invented Velcro or he couldn't keep his butt cheeks closed.

AmPat
11-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Luckily for him they invented Velcro or he couldn't keep his butt cheeks closed.
Blech! Velcro wears out, I suggest welding.

Novaheart
11-11-2012, 11:46 AM

I'm sure this make sense to you, but it makes no sense to an intelligent person.

Novaheart
11-11-2012, 11:47 AM

How old are you?

Rockntractor
11-11-2012, 11:50 AM
How old are you?

Youre contribution to this thread should generate that same response, just returning more to you of the same.

(I am rubber you are glue)
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/nova2.jpg

Zathras
11-11-2012, 01:14 PM
I'm sure this make sense to you, but it makes no sense to an intelligent person.

So you're saying that you understand what he posted perfectly. Got it.

Novaheart
11-11-2012, 02:53 PM
So you're saying that you understand what he posted perfectly. Got it.

How much do you know about Promise Keepers?

ABC in Georgia
11-11-2012, 03:05 PM

Nova ...

You are trying my patience here. You know very well that when I said "there is more to this story than meets the eye" I meant on the part of wonderful O's administration.

They saved this juicy bit of info, tucked it away til needed, and are just now bringing it out into the open in hopes of making their best use of it.

May it backfire on the bastards!!!

txradioguy
11-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Nova ...

You are trying my patience here. You know very well that when I said "there is more to this story than meets the eye" I meant on the part of wonderful O's administration.

They saved this juicy bit of info, tucked it away til needed, and are just now bringing it out into the open in hopes of making their best use of it.

May it backfire on the bastards!!!

It would indeed seem that it's starting to backfire.

Not only is the House Intel committee upset over not knowing so is the Senate committee and it's Dem chairwoman.

If someone high up in the Intelligence agencies is being investigated...these two committee's are to be notified.

That wasn't done.

And now on top of everything else they have questions on regarding Benghazi...they want to now how much Obama knew about this scandal and when did he know.

Because it appears he kept everyone else in the dark...which is (shock) against the law.

Zathras
11-11-2012, 06:38 PM
How much do you know about Promise Keepers?

Nothing really but if they upset you and the rest of your ilk then they must be pretty good.

AmPat
11-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Care to put that to a poll Mr "Intelligence?":rolleyes: I won't hold my breath.

SaintLouieWoman
11-11-2012, 10:49 PM
It would indeed seem that it's starting to backfire.

Not only is the House Intel committee upset over not knowing so is the Senate committee and it's Dem chairwoman.

If someone high up in the Intelligence agencies is being investigated...these two committee's are to be notified.

That wasn't done.

And now on top of everything else they have questions on regarding Benghazi...they want to now how much Obama knew about this scandal and when did he know.

Because it appears he kept everyone else in the dark...which is (shock) against the law.

It might indeed backfire, because now I actually heard the word Benghazi on one of those cheap Entertainment type shows. Now that they have pics of not one, but two good looking women to use in their sleazy little sound bite quickies, they're also tying into the concept of Patreus not testifying. Maybe the masses will start finding out about this. All you need is pics of women's boobies and the yellow journalists will be hot on it. I suspect you'll go to the grocery stores and see all the stories in the Enquirer and other sleazy rags.

SaintLouieWoman
11-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Who might be this intelligent person? Are you talking about yourself? :biggrin-new:

At least you were semi-honest, admitting in another thread that you're not a dem but a fascist. How special.

Obviously you can't be the most intelligent person on the board making fun of people from the Midwest, calling them morons and mocking their accents. Not a good way to make friends. You've been extremely obnoxious lately, even for you, and the gloating isn't appreciated. We've been tolerant as administrators but sometimes you push things too far and especially tax my patience.

Novaheart
11-12-2012, 12:02 AM
Who might be this intelligent person? Are you talking about yourself? :biggrin-new:

At least you were semi-honest, admitting in another thread that you're not a dem but a fascist. How special.

Obviously you can't be the most intelligent person on the board making fun of people from the Midwest, calling them morons and mocking their accents. Not a good way to make friends. You've been extremely obnoxious lately, even for you, and the gloating isn't appreciated. We've been tolerant as administrators but sometimes you push things too far and especially tax my patience.

That's true, however I should think your irritation at my deportment would have to be less than it would be towards those constantly making juvenile remarks about gerbils up the butt and similar.

I'll try to be less obnoxious while still being perfectly candid, hopelessly analytical, and logically flawless of course.

Rockntractor
11-12-2012, 12:07 AM
That's true, however I should think your irritation at my deportment would have to be less than it would be towards those constantly making juvenile remarks about gerbils up the butt and similar.

I'll try to be less obnoxious while still being perfectly candid, hopelessly analytical, and logically flawless of course.

Do the gerbils live through it?http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_2655.gif (http://www.desismileys.com/)

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/nova3.jpg

Rockntractor
11-12-2012, 12:16 AM
Go to the light my little friend, go to the light!

Novaheart
11-12-2012, 01:11 AM
Go to the light my little friend, go to the light!

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s08e12-stupid-spoiled-whore-video-playset

Odysseus
11-12-2012, 11:03 AM

You really have no concept of how the armed forces work, do you? We spend our careers moving between different kinds of jobs, some staff, some command, with a certain amount of time in professional education. This isn't evidence of failure, but of development. War is a complex business, and requires study as well as field work. The "hopscotching" that you derisively refer to is actually movement through a series of increasingly demanding and complex jobs, in which the officer in question performs critical functions at each level of the army, eventually culminating in command of one of the major Army commands, or the chairmanship of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. It is a difficult and demanding career, far more so than whatever it is that you do for a living, and he deserves more than the casual mockery of someone who wouldn't have made it past the first rung of the ladder.

Bush would not have had a radical like Jarrett on his staff, but the Obama's consider her indispensable. She is the only White House staffer who accompanies the Obamas to their quarters at the end of the day, and she wields more power than the White House Chief of Staff (and she has ousted two who ran afoul of her). She's their Cardinal Richelieu (or Cardinal Mazarin, since Richelieu actually understood how to wage war and defeat adversaries), and like the courtiers of France, she wields power far beyond the title of her job. Remember also that Obama has not bothered with the majority of his intel briefings, but he's never blown off Jarrett. The previous National Security Advisor stated that Obama spent almost no time with him, and GEN McChrystol had to wait the better part of a year to get action on his Afghanistan plan, but it only took Obama a day to decide to fire him over comments made by his staff, off the record, and published in a scurrilous music rag. If Jarrett wanted the DCI fired, Petraeus didn't stand a chance.

Eupher
11-12-2012, 03:02 PM
James R. Clapper.

Gawdalmighty. When I see that man's name, I think back to this interview in which he looked like a complete imbecile:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/director-national-intelligence-james-clapper-briefed-london-arrests/story?id=12458010#.UKFHfuRlFIE

SaintLouieWoman
11-12-2012, 03:08 PM
James R. Clapper.

Gawdalmighty. When I see that man's name, I think back to this interview in which he looked like a complete imbecile:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/director-national-intelligence-james-clapper-briefed-london-arrests/story?id=12458010#.UKFHfuRlFIE

Clapper is a joke, but what does that make us? It's so frustrating to see the patients taking over the asylum. We're in a world of hurt in this country and hope that someone figures out how to combat the insolent dems before it's too late.

JB
11-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Is the affair still in the news? For crying out loud, have him flip to D and buy him some cigars. He could be president.