PDA

View Full Version : need some prayers for Atrain

patriot45
11-09-2012, 11:08 PM
Some of you remember Atrain. He goes into surgery tomorrow for Testicle cancer and a cancerous cyst on his arm. He is 11 now. I'm sad.:blue:

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/HPIM1130.jpg

Rockntractor
11-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Some of you remember Atrain. He goes into surgery tomorrow for Testicle cancer and a cancerous cyst on his arm. He is 11 now. I'm sad.:blue:

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/HPIM1130.jpg

I've had several large dogs that had cancer cysts and if they are removed some of them will live two to three more years just fine, it doesn't always move that fast.

Hawkgirl
11-09-2012, 11:19 PM
Prayers for Atrain. He's so cute and huggable looking.

Retread
11-09-2012, 11:31 PM
My prayers are with you and aTrain. But also know I'm named after the saint that will keep him safe after he's gone and they'll be waiting on you.

ABC in Georgia
11-10-2012, 12:01 AM
How sad for you Patriot.

Prayers for the both of you, as well.

SaintLouieWoman
11-10-2012, 12:51 AM
Prayers for you and your wife and Atrain. He's a great dog and a sweetie. We were lucky enough to meet Atrain. Believe me, he's an exceptional pup. Good luck with the surgery. Keep us posted.

RobJohnson
11-10-2012, 01:02 AM
I hope all goes ok with your nice looking dog!

SarasotaRepub
11-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Hope everything turns out ok bud!!!

patriot45
11-10-2012, 08:49 PM
Atrain and I thank you guys for your prayers!

He's home! Both surgurys went well. He is a little lighter without his danglers:friendly_wink:
He was a bull before moving furniture and chairs that were in his way, now with his hateful cone he is a disaster! :biggrin-new:

Behold.... the cone of silence!!

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z450/patriot65/atrainhurt013.jpg

Rockntractor
11-10-2012, 08:52 PM
Atrain and I thank you guys for your prayers!

He's home! Both surgurys went well. He is a little lighter without his danglers:friendly_wink:
He was a bull before moving furniture and chairs that were in his way, now with his hateful cone he is a disaster! :biggrin-new:

Behold.... the cone of silence!!

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z450/patriot65/atrainhurt013.jpg

You would make him feel less self conscious if you wore a cone too.

Rockntractor
11-10-2012, 08:54 PM
You forgot to reset the clock on your camera.

patriot45
11-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Your the only one who calls me on my camera date! I dont feel like changing it, it keeps you amused!

JB
11-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Train...I just heard buddy. Good luck. Didn't he win some CU beauty contest or something some time back?

P45, I hope he bites you hard for posting that cone pic of him. He looks like he needs steak and crab stuffed mushrooms and maybe some boneless chicken wings and a nice ale. Some strawberry shortcake too.

patriot45
11-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Train...I just heard buddy. Good luck. Didn't he win some CU beauty contest or something some time back?

P45, I hope he bites you hard for posting that cone pic of him. He looks like he needs steak and crab stuffed mushrooms and maybe some boneless chicken wings and a nice ale. Some strawberry shortcake too.

Hey! He won 2 beauty contests!:biggrin-new:

The dang vet wants him to lose weight! Usually he gets 4 cups of chef Michaels dry food, 1 large can alpo and 3 hotdogs, thats not counting his doggie snacks during the day.
So he'll bite me for the cone pic and his new diet!:biggrin-new:

JB
11-10-2012, 09:19 PM
The dang vet wants him to lose weight!Hilarious!!! I was actually going to ask what the heck you are feeding the fat bastard but he's having a rough time right now so I let it go. LMAO.

SarasotaRepub
11-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Glad he's ok! He looks pretty good, except for the cone. :biggrin-new:

Hawkgirl
11-10-2012, 10:40 PM
Glad everything went well....he doesn't look to happy about the cone though...lol

SaintLouieWoman
11-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Hey! He won 2 beauty contests !:biggrin-new:

The dang vet wants him to lose weight! Usually he gets 4 cups of chef Michaels dry food, 1 large can alpo and 3 hotdogs, thats not counting his doggie snacks during the day.

Glad he got through the surgery so well. And he won those beauty contests/personality contests in competition with a bunch of CU pooches.

Seriously might be good to deep 6 those hotdogs. The "girls" Bella and Darlene had gained weight the last time we took them to the vet. They used to get 1 cup of meal twice daily, now get 3/4 cup 2x daily. Instead fo a whole can of dog food, we mix in a couple tablespoons and a bit of broth. They're slimming down and running faster.

Poor ATrain, that's a bunch of change coming with that darned cone and the diet.

Novaheart
11-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Hey! He won 2 beauty contests!:biggrin-new:

Dear lord, I had a 90 lb Rotty who ate less than that.

2 cups of Hundenflocken (goof for allergies)
2 huge carrots raw
1 Checker Burger w/no bun or condiments
any food my mother's dogs left in their bowls when we would come and visit
the occasional loaf of bread, stick of butter, submarine or anything else left on the kitchen counter

glad to see your puppy cam through ok

patriot45
11-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Glad he got through the surgery so well. And he won those beauty contests/personality contests in competition with a bunch of CU pooches.

Seriously might be good to deep 6 those hotdogs. The "girls" Bella and Darlene had gained weight the last time we took them to the vet. They used to get 1 cup of meal twice daily, now get 3/4 cup 2x daily. Instead fo a whole can of dog food, we mix in a couple tablespoons and a bit of broth. They're slimming down and running faster.

Poor ATrain, that's a bunch of change coming with that darned cone and the diet.

Yeah we all have to get used to his new diet, I guess 118 lbs is a little heavy for a Lab! Now his hot dogs are just to get him to take his pills, we break up the dogs and push the pills inside sneaky like!. Now we are giving him 1/2 cup dry and 1/2 cup can in the morning and in the evening and we aren't so easy with his doggy biscuits.
He; gonna hate us!:biggrin-new: