PDA

View Full Version : TominTib stole $35.67 from a Republican yesterday

ralph wiggum
09-24-2008, 04:29 PM
TomInTib (1000+ posts)
Wed Sep-24-08 04:25 PM
Original message
I stole $35.67 from a Republican yesterday. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4079325)

Whenever we pass by this gas station in Larkspur, we almost always pull in and fill up because they have the lowest prices in S. Marin.

Yesterday afternoon, there were a few cars in line, but we pulled in, anyway.

There was a Range Rover in front of us with a McCain/Palin sticker (only the 2nd one I have seen in Marin).

The two cars at that particular island pulled away simultaneously and the Rover pulled up to the pump nearest us, leaving a space in front and us behind.

So this ditzy blonde got out of the car and pranced over to the pump, credit card held in her teeth (I am not making this up). Standing there, all blonde and confused, as if she had never seen a gas pump before -- head cocked to the side, jeans torn at the knee.

GF says, "Tom, get out and ask her to move to the pump in front."

Tom replied, "F**k it, tell her yourself because she's too f***ing dumb to get it".

Just as GF gets out of the car, Ditzy Blonde inserts credit card in the little slot on the pump.

GF asks her if she could move up a space so we could fill up, too. DB gets this blank look on her face and says something to the effect that she thought there was still a car there. Real Dumb.

So she prances (and I mean PRANCES) over to the driver's door, hops in and pulls forward.

We pull up and I insert card. Pump reads "Card Not Read". I figure what the hell, insert nozzle and, Lo and Behold, the pump works.

DB gets in her car as our pump clicks off and I get in our car.

Then DB hops out and goes into the convenience store part of the station. I am pissed, just sitting there for a few minutes. I tell GF that DB is probably confused by the selection of bottled water (they carry one brand in one size).

Sure as shit, DB prances out with a bottle of water, credit card still between teeth.

I look down at the little receipt that came out of the pump and the name printed on it was "Tamara" something.

$35.67.

I'm gonna frame it.

I don't know where to start with this one.

KingOfTorts
09-24-2008, 04:39 PM
I'd like to get her number...:)

YupItsMe
09-24-2008, 04:44 PM
I'd like to get her number...:)

My first thought also. Bet she was hot as hell, probably not a bitchy, ugly lib chick.

ralph wiggum
09-24-2008, 04:44 PM
Some responses before the thread gets locked and/or deleted:

NNN0LHI (1000+ posts)
Wed Sep-24-08 04:31 PM
Response to Original message
4. I have never seen my name printed on my gas credit card receipts before

Thats weird.

Don

TomInTib (1000+ posts)
Wed Sep-24-08 04:36 PM
Response to Reply #4
10. All of them do, here.

Some places, you even have to enter your ZIP code.

I think the name thing might be a California deal, as I don't see it when we go to Tahoe.

I just checked with my GF, and the woman's name is Tara Verkuir (in the interest of clarification).

It's funny how all this security business goes, when I am able to maintain a Drivers License and Passport with a non-existent address.

negativenihil(422 posts)
Wed Sep-24-08 04:32 PM
5. how does this help the progressive movement?

i mean really - petty theft (and more to the point - im sure a good lawyer could frame this as credit card fraud)? and then bragging about it? This reflects poorly on all of us at DU.

Caliman73 (114 posts)
Wed Sep-24-08 04:37 PM
Response to Reply #5
13. I have to agree

Theft is more a Republican trait. I wouldn't celebrate that. I would definitely celebrate making a neocon look like an idiot, but not stealing.

NeedleCast (1000+ posts)
Wed Sep-24-08 04:34 PM
6. Stealing, even from McCain Supporters, remains wrong

Sorry, not going to give you a pat on the back for theft regardless of who the victim is.

delaware97 (383 posts)
Wed Sep-24-08 04:34 PM
7. this is funny why, exactly?

is this for real?

tandot (1000+ posts)
9. How funny. But it looks like some freepers were pissed and rated your thread down

cat_girl25 (1000+ posts)
11. That's wrong. nt

cboy4 (1000+ posts)
Wed Sep-24-08 04:37 PM
12. That's outrageous.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/thumbsdown.gif

ralph wiggum
09-24-2008, 04:46 PM
Someone might want to contact this woman:

I just checked with my GF, and the woman's name is Tara Verkuir (in the interest of clarification).

bijou
09-24-2008, 04:59 PM

I just googled her name out of interest (mainly to see if she was a celebrity whose name he had stolen). Funnily enough no one has this name anywhere on the internet. There is however an artist with a very similar name ... funny that. :rolleyes:

ralph wiggum
09-24-2008, 05:00 PM
cbayer DU Moderator Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Wed Sep-24-08 04:51 PM
49. Locking

We do not wish for our members to advocate breaking the law, now do we think it is in your best interest to advertise that you have done so.

Cheers,

cbayer
DU Moderator

:D :D :D :D

movie buff
09-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Think TiT will get tombstoned for that admission, or is that sort of punishment reserved for those who disagree with the Hive mentality at the DUmp?

Teetop
09-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Think TiT will get tombstoned for that admission, or is that sort of punishment reserved for those who disagree with the Hive mentality at the DUmp?

Hell no. The DUmp will let TiT lie until the place is shut down or TiT dies, while deep undercover somewhere. :rolleyes:

Shannon
09-24-2008, 05:23 PM
He's bragging about stealing from someone? Holy loser.:rolleyes:

jinxmchue
09-24-2008, 05:32 PM
Someone send an email to that city's PD. I'm sure they'll love a helpful head's up on someone fully admitting to their crime. Hope they have a criminal complaint already. That would be awesome. They could be led directly to TiT's front door.

jinxmchue
09-24-2008, 05:35 PM
I just googled her name out of interest (mainly to see if she was a celebrity whose name he had stolen). Funnily enough no one has this name anywhere on the internet. There is however an artist with a very similar name ... funny that. :rolleyes:

whitepages.com

0 Results matching "Verkuir, United States"

It's not even a real last name anywhere.

Perhaps we should contact this artist and let her know her name is being besmirched on DU.

ralph wiggum
09-24-2008, 05:38 PM
whitepages.com

It's not even a real last name anywhere.

Perhaps we should contact this artist and let her know her name is being besmirched on DU.

Change the last letter of the last name from an "R" to an "L", and it works. I think the idiot misspelled the name.

jinxmchue
09-24-2008, 05:39 PM
Tit's proud of his criminal activity:

TomInTib Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Wed Sep-24-08 04:51 PM
Response to Reply #35
48. I have admitted much worse. How about this one?

I have a California Drivers License and a US Passport with a non-existent address on both.

If you can't have some fun with Life, why get out of bed?

Tiburon PD needs to receive a friendly call. They don't need to track down his address. They can just go to where he works.

jinxmchue
09-24-2008, 05:39 PM
Change the last letter of the last name from an "R" to an "L", and it works. I think the idiot misspelled the name.

Probably deliberately. He needed a name to make up this bullshit, so he took a name he knew or looked around and saw and changed the one letter.

GrumpyOldLady
09-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Seriously - would someone who knows how to track down a federal official please do so?

Turn this guy in.

The feds can track computer IDs.

He's admitted to theft.

He's admitting to federal fraud.

PLEASE. Someone do it. I'm old and don't know how.

nacho
09-24-2008, 07:01 PM
And allegedly a felon in possession of firearms, including automatics. I'd drop a dime, but the feds might find my counterfeiting press. Well, it's not so much a press as a bunch of the neighbor kids with crayons. When the green crayons wore out they started using other colors and I took it to the bank, said it was French money and exchanged it :D

(*I am kidding Agent Mike! ...they actually use markers...)

FDK
09-25-2008, 12:03 PM
What really happened is that somebody dropped a nickel on the sidewalk and TiT picked it up. :rolleyes:

Eilise
09-25-2008, 12:44 PM
cali Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Wed Sep-24-08 03:46 PM
Response to Reply #28
36. yeah, of course. anyone who disagrees with you is an authoritarian or a fascist or
whatever. Pathetic. As is the OP- whether he's making up his asshole stories or not.

spoony Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Wed Sep-24-08 03:42 PM
25. Boy seems like this sort of thing happens to you, like, once a week or so.
Odd, that.

lionesspriyanka
Wed Sep-24-08 03:44 PM
32. you are proud of being a thief and having homophobic, anti semitic children
which is really strange because most people would be ashamed of such things.

Bunny Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Wed Sep-24-08 03:45 PM
34. There's an asshole in this story, and it ain't the "dumb blonde".
Could you at least remove her name from this thread? That is, if there is even a hint of truth to this tale.

They really don't like TiT at the DUmp. I'm guessing nobody likes him in real life either. And the biggest lie in his story - the claim that he has a girlfriend.

Scarlet
09-25-2008, 04:37 PM
Has anyone ever seen thier name on your receipt from a gas staion when using your card? We do have to put our zip code in, but I have never had my name printed on it.
________
Yamaha zuma 125 history (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_Zuma_125)

JB
09-25-2008, 04:45 PM
I just checked with my GF, and the woman's name is Tara Verkuir (in the interest of clarification).Drop off one of the R's and it's an anagram for "Rekruit Ava". Does he want her to go to Iraq?

movie buff
09-25-2008, 06:54 PM
They really don't like TiT at the DUmp. I'm guessing nobody likes him in real life either. And the biggest lie in his story - the claim that he has a girlfriend.

More than just that; I believe TiT has claimed to have three girlfriends simultaneously, living in different cities.
The other DUmmies don't like him because they've finally realized how bogus 99% of his stories are (It took most of them about 4-6 months longer than it took us here at CU to figure that out).

LibraryLady
09-25-2008, 07:03 PM
By Federal law all credit card receipts are truncated to only include the last 4 digits of the card holder.

FACTA (http://www.privacyrights.org/fs/fs6a-facta.htm)

jinxmchue
09-26-2008, 11:32 AM
More than just that; I believe TiT has claimed to have three girlfriends simultaneously, living in different cities.

Didn't we all have a friend or someone we knew in school growing up who made such claims?

MoshMasterD
09-27-2008, 12:45 PM
cbayer (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-24-08 04:51 PM
49. Locking
We do not wish for our members to advocate breaking the law, now do we think it is in your best interest to advertise that you have done so.

Cheers,

cbayer
DU Moderator

Talk about double standards. If I had $35.67 every time someone advocates civil (code name for uncivil) disobediance......:rolleyes:

CommieDonkey
09-28-2008, 06:48 PM
lol <3 TomInTib...

As you all know, no one actually likes that guy...

Yes, I post at DU often but only because I want to steal your guns, raise your taxes and abort your already born fetuses... To be honest, I always suspected he was one of you people.

Are you going to diginoro me?

Shannon
09-28-2008, 07:27 PM
Wow. Another retard. Do we have room for another one?:rolleyes:

Cold Warrior
09-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Wow. Another retard. Do we have room for another one?:rolleyes:

I don't know. I'm going with jerkstore...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwfioD-ING8

SarasotaRepub
09-28-2008, 08:13 PM
lol <3 TomInTib...

Yes, I post at DU often but only because I want to steal your guns, raise your taxes and abort your already born fetuses... To be honest, I always suspected he was one of you people.

Maybe. :p:D Welcome to CU!

Zathras
10-04-2008, 03:40 AM
Has anyone ever seen thier name on your receipt from a gas staion when using your card? We do have to put our zip code in, but I have never had my name printed on it.

TiT is full of shit...hey, that rymes :)...anyway, I live in Cali and the name is never printed on gas station receipts...never seen it done.

AmPat
10-04-2008, 05:32 AM
A Republican Bouncy

A funny thing happened the other day. My daughter who is an Obama supporter took my Land Rover to round up some voters to register. I let her take the Rover because it is more reliable than her Prius and at any rate holds more people.

I made her use her college money (she has a debit card from which she withdraws her funds). I told her that I cannot support her 100% in assisting Obama since I am a Republican.

Anyway, she told me when she tried to pay for her gas the clerk gave her two receipts and overcharged her. The clerk, suspected something was amiss, copied the license plate number of the vehicle that pulled out ahead of her. We filed an arrest warrant and the police issued a BOLO for the thief.:rolleyes:

Sonnabend
10-04-2008, 07:55 AM
lol <3 TomInTib...

Oh? Yet he remains.

None of us happen to ever consider the idea of pretending to be a veteran, even in jest. Tom pretends to service he never gave, medals he never won, places he has never been.

None of us would ever stoop that low. You are amongst veterans here, son, many of them combat veterans. Word of warning now whilst you are new: watch your mouth or you'll be sorry.

Think before you type and it wont be necessary.

Start making idiotic comments, slag off vets, start lying, and you become my personal project.

Habai ita swe!