PDA

View Full Version : ‘Destroy the idols,’ Egyptian jihadist calls for removal of Sphinx, Pyramids

SarasotaRepub
11-12-2012, 01:55 PM
What a collection of friggen nutballs... (http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/11/12/249092.html)

Monday, 12 November 2012

By AL ARABIYA

An Egyptian jihad leader, with self-professed links to the Taliban, called for the “destruction of the Sphinx and the Giza Pyramids in Egypt,” drawing ties between the Egyptian relics and Buddha statues, local media reported this week.

Murgan Salem al-Gohary, an Islamist leader twice-sentenced under former President Hosni Mubarak for advocating violence, called on Muslims to remove such “idols.”

“All Muslims are charged with applying the teachings of Islam to remove such idols, as we did in Afghanistan when we destroyed the Buddha statues,” he said on Saturday during a television interview on an Egyptian private channel, widely watched by Egyptian and Arab audiences.

“God ordered Prophet Mohammed to destroy idols,” he added. “When I was with the Taliban we destroyed the statue of Buddha, something the government failed to do.”

Just shoot these morons...

djones520
11-12-2012, 02:18 PM
I say we should deliver a 500lb GBU to this guy. He can use it to go consult with his Prophet for clarification. :evil-grin:

linda22003
11-12-2012, 02:44 PM
The Bamiyan Buddhas were phenomenal - now there are just huge empty holes where the statues were. :apologetic:

Elspeth
11-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Yeah, get rid of the pyramids because Ra and Isis are clobbering Mohammed's worldwide popularity.

Rockntractor
11-12-2012, 05:28 PM
Yeah, get rid of the pyramids because Ra and Isis are clobbering Mohammed's worldwide popularity.

They have hoodies in the spirit world that say Mo and Ra, I don't think they have one for Isis.

ironhorsedriver
11-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Well, I'm sure the rest of the world would let it happen. Just like the Buddha's.

JB
11-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Yes, get rid of all that pagan crap. I support you muzzies on this.

Zathras
11-12-2012, 11:15 PM

Well, when the Goa'uld come back and find the landing spots for their motherships gone they're going to be pissed.

SarasotaRepub
11-12-2012, 11:55 PM
Well, when the Goa'uld come back and find the landing spots for their motherships gone they're going to be pissed.

Yep, better alert Jack...:biggrin-new: