PDA

View Full Version : Just a reminder...

SarasotaRepub
11-13-2012, 11:16 AM
Please don't post entire or huge parts of a story. 4-5 paragraphs tops and the Link to it will do. I thought I had this in the Rules but I had left it out. It's there now. :smile-new:

If any of the Mods see a post that breaks this rule please edit it down.

Thanks!

SR.

marv
11-13-2012, 12:49 PM
A number of forums that I do/have posted to have the same rule. Also, using a graphics editor to reduce the size of images is helpful.

Retread
11-15-2012, 05:50 PM
A number of forums that I do/have posted to have the same rule. Also, using a graphics editor to reduce the size of images is helpful.

You noted this before on HZ and I've wondered ever since. Yes, I could download the image and resize it but that implies I have my own site to post the imge back up to and then link from there.

What about those of us who do not have a site other than flickr or some such? We can't/should not repost images we've rustled from someone and then resized or cropped so ........

Retread
11-15-2012, 05:52 PM
Please don't post entire or huge parts of a story. 4-5 paragraphs tops and the Link to it will do. I thought I had this in the Rules but I had left it out. It's there now. :smile-new:

If any of the Mods see a post that breaks this rule please edit it down.

Thanks!

SR.

Thanks for posting this boss. I was harassed early on in my tenure here for doing exactly that. "Bring it all over" I was told (but not by any mod) I know copyright law to that extent anyway.