PDA

View Full Version : Elections Have Consequences

namvet
11-17-2012, 12:37 PM
we may see unemployment reach a staggering new high. with Jesus Obama Christ re elected snd the deathcare looming business's are already cutting back on employess's and changing more for products

… NY Applebee’s CEO Zane Tankel says He May have to Lay Off Employees because of Obamacare. (Update: Papa John to do the Same) link (http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/11/11/elections-have-consequences-businesses-laying-off-employees-due-to-obamacare-and-regulations-ny-applebees-ceo-zane-tankel-says-he-may-have-to-lay-off-employees-because-of-obamacare-upd/)

Denny's to

President Obama's election victory ensured his Affordable Care Act would remain the centerpiece of his first term in power - but that has left some business owners baulking at the extra cost Obamcare will bring.

Florida based restaurant boss John Metz, who runs approximately 40 Denny's and owns the Hurricane Grill & Wings franchise has decided to offset that by adding a five percent surcharge to customers' bills and will reduce his employees' hours.

With Obamacare due to be fully implemented in January 2014, Metz has justified his move by claiming it is 'the only alternative. I've got to pass on the cost to the customer.'

story (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2233221/Dennys-charge-5-Obamacare-surcharge-cut-employee-hours-deal-cost-legislation.html#ixzz2CM7syBdn)

enjoy your last Twinkie. the unions have killed it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO3zLzedFOw

tip of the iceberg

Rockntractor
11-17-2012, 12:46 PM
President Obama's election victory ensured his Affordable Care Act would remain the centerpiece of his first term in power - but that has left some business owners baulking at the extra cost Obamcare will bring.

tip of the iceberg

It hasn't even begun yet, wait until the forced buying of insurance starts, the IRS fines, the 1/2 trillion dollars in new taxes. later down the road there will be IRS confiscations of property because people didn't pay health care penalties, there will be a new class of homeless caused by Obamacare.

NJCardFan
11-17-2012, 01:02 PM
And somehow Bush will shoulder the blame in all of this.

Novaheart
11-17-2012, 01:06 PM
It hasn't even begun yet, wait until the forced buying of insurance starts, the IRS fines, the 1/2 trillion dollars in new taxes. later down the road there will be IRS confiscations of property because people didn't pay health care penalties, there will be a new class of homeless caused by Obamacare.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Jsr5ppAX5T0/TbkXxKXmibI/AAAAAAAAAIs/DpC4j-rDu68/s1600/skyfalling.jpg

Rockntractor
11-17-2012, 01:08 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Jsr5ppAX5T0/TbkXxKXmibI/AAAAAAAAAIs/DpC4j-rDu68/s1600/skyfalling.jpg

It already has fallen,but libs they lie and explain it away.

namvet
11-17-2012, 01:15 PM
he'll give China the go ahead to send over cheap labor

sure glad im retired

Starbuck
11-17-2012, 01:47 PM
Not sure where I would go or what I would do if I were young. My grandson asked for my input for a college major and the best I could come up with was the Master's Program in Health Care Administration. He's a 4.0 student and will never want to leave his home area, which has health care facilities galore.

But for someone like me, who was born to wander the world? Besides starting in the military like I did, I really don't know what direction I would take.

There are hard times coming. The birth rate is down, immigration is down, workers are retiring, people are making less. I see all the preceding resulting in a future economy where GDP does not grow (like Japan), population does not grow and good jobs are hard to come by.

I guess my advice for someone like me is to acquire a trade (diesel mechanic, for instance) and learn to live under the radar, i.e. cheaply.

Hawkgirl
11-18-2012, 12:57 AM
w

Florida based restaurant boss John Metz, who runs approximately 40 Denny's and owns the Hurricane Grill & Wings franchise has decided to offset that by adding a five percent surcharge to customers' bills
tip of the iceberg

Patrons will resent that and choose other establishments. Looks like 40 Dennys might be going out of business. Like you said, unemployment numbers today will represent a dream 5 years from now, after Obamacare is law.

marv
11-18-2012, 10:53 AM
I guess my advice for someone like me is to acquire a trade (diesel mechanic, for instance) and learn to live under the radar, i.e. cheaply.

Lots of retired folks here in SW Missouri. The retired folks who have it best are those with trades like rough-in carpentry, electrician, plumbing. It's easier for them to "live off the cuff" on a cash only basis. Expect a boom in barter clubs (I'm thinking of starting one here in Shell Knob), and more "handymen".

Keep in mind that the only thing that kept the Soviet Union going economically for so long was the black market and bartering. Obama said he would change America. He has a head start.

There are dark times ahead.........:scared:

Retread
11-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Like namvet, I'm just glad I'm retired and firmly hope the little o's economy doesn't run over that retirement. I'm the one in full control of the funds and still believe, so far, that they will outlast me and the Lady.

That said, I'm beating my head against a wall trying to determine what will be best for my grandson to do once he has control of his life. The USA is sliding downhill at a faster and faster rate but what countries can I point him toward that are moving the opposite direction....

I won't worry about my daughters as both of them helped put us where we are today so they've made their own beds and can lie in them until they collapse under the weight of the debt.

AmPat
11-18-2012, 10:21 PM
It already has fallen,but libs they lie and explain it away.
I pray that all the fallout from liberal policies are visited upon Nova tenfold. Then he can enjoy the fruit of the Marxist labor ten fold.

Rockntractor
11-18-2012, 10:33 PM
I pray that all the fallout from liberal policies are visited upon Nova tenfold. Then he can enjoy the fruit of the Marxist labor ten fold.

in the eyes of the Obama administration he is the most despicable creature, an older white male, it doesn't mean shit that he is queer now that the election is over.

SaintLouieWoman
11-18-2012, 11:09 PM
in the eyes of the Obama administration he is the most despicable creature, an older white male, it doesn't mean shit that he is queer now that the election is over.
There are many people that don't mean shit now that the election is over. They're all expendable now that the Annointed One has 4 more years to ruin our country.

Despite Nova's snotty "the sky is falling", he's still here, insulting and rubbing salt in the wounds. The libs wouldn't tolerate that. Actually, as I said a few days back, my own patience is wearing extremely thin.

It's hurtful to people who have worked and tried to do the right thing to be ridiculed by the left. I remember when Bush won, the admonitions to not gloat. Don't recall seeing any of that from the left this time.

Retread
11-18-2012, 11:23 PM

It's hurtful to people who have worked and tried to do the right thing to be ridiculed by the left. I remember when Bush won, the admonitions to not gloat. Don't recall seeing any of that from the left this time.

And you'd best not expect to hear any in the future either. It's the way of the left to lord it over others at every opportunity. Our resident lib at HZ couldn't get it through hid head that the little o wasn't running against
w. He gloated on that first election right up until HZ folded.

txradioguy
11-19-2012, 06:01 AM
And somehow Bush will shoulder the blame in all of this.

What's gonna end up happening is just like with Gm and Chrysler...the Feds will concoct some way to come in and "rescue" failing corporations that buckle under the weight of Obamacare.

ANd for places like Hostess...I wouldn't be surprised if Obama gets the Labor Dept...in conjunction with the NLRB to force Hostess to stay open.

ReinMan
11-19-2012, 06:17 AM
What's gonna end up happening is just like with Gm and Chrysler...the Feds will concoct some way to come in and "rescue" failing corporations that buckle under the weight of Obamacare.

ANd for places like Hostess...I wouldn't be surprised if Obama gets the Labor Dept...in conjunction with the NLRB to force Hostess to stay open.

My guess is that the Govt will somehow assume ownership of the most popular brands and trademarks, either by purchasing them or nationalizing them as a part of some 'deal' with unsecured creditors.

Of course these brands would then be handed over to some Workers Paradise Union Shop, which will need to man up for the increased demand. Of course, the WPUS will be forced to hire twice as many heads as they need, at higher wages than they deserve, allowing O to take credit for a few thousand jobs created (never mind that 18K jobs were sacrificed!).

Of course, news of the inevitable collapse of the unsustainable WPUS will be buried under reams of print about how O saved the bakery industry by single-handedly creating a few thousand jobs for his union cronies.

Just a wild guess, but I could see it happening...

SaintLouieWoman
11-19-2012, 09:49 PM
My guess is that the Govt will somehow assume ownership of the most popular brands and trademarks, either by purchasing them or nationalizing them as a part of some 'deal' with unsecured creditors.

Of course these brands would then be handed over to some Workers Paradise Union Shop, which will need to man up for the increased demand. Of course, the WPUS will be forced to hire twice as many heads as they need, at higher wages than they deserve, allowing O to take credit for a few thousand jobs created (never mind that 18K jobs were sacrificed!).

Of course, news of the inevitable collapse of the unsustainable WPUS will be buried under reams of print about how O saved the bakery industry by single-handedly creating a few thousand jobs for his union cronies.

Just a wild guess, but I could see it happening...

You've got their exact mode of operating down to a T. Yes, it will happen again and it won't be those Keebler Elves running the bakery. :biggrin-new:

ReinMan
11-19-2012, 10:28 PM
You've got their exact mode of operating down to a T. Yes, it will happen again and it won't be those Keebler Elves running the bakery. :biggrin-new:

Apparently not. Seems to be a trend forming. :D

http://inserteyeroll.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Keebler-Elves-striking-300x225.jpg

Keebler’s Elves Enter Third Month Of Strike... (http://inserteyeroll.com/2011/12/keeblers-elves-enter-third-month-of-strike-americans-forced-to-eat-those-shitty-generic-cookies/)

Industry experts suggest that the public support for the mascots and underprivileged workers may have a directly causal connection to the shortage of brand-name cookies available in stores as a direct result of the strike. Aisle after aisle, consumers are only able to find Yoreos, L.A. Fudgish, Grammy Teddys, and other shitty generic store-brand cookies that have none of the taste or appeal of their brand-name counterparts.

NJCardFan
11-19-2012, 11:37 PM

They're already bankrupt. The government can't force a company to stay open if they're already insolvent.

marv
11-20-2012, 12:17 PM
They're already bankrupt. The government can't force a company to stay open if they're already insolvent.

Check with Government Motors........

nightflight
11-21-2012, 12:35 PM

This is the time we live in; where a sneer is thought to be an argument. Its just not good enough anymore; its tiresome and predictable. But what can we do? The left has internalized Alinsky to the point where its simply a stimulus-response thing.

NJCardFan
11-21-2012, 02:23 PM
Check with Government Motors........

They didn't force GM to stay open, they took GM over so unless the gubment is going to take over Hostess my statement is still true.

AmPat
11-21-2012, 02:27 PM

Does Obamacare even cover Bunghole repair? I mean, our queer king is butthole friendly, surely he would cover that?