PDA

View Full Version : Where were you when JFK was killed

FormerDemocrat
11-18-2012, 10:03 AM
Just got done watch interesting doucmentary about his death. But where were you when he was killed?

Unreconstructed Reb
11-18-2012, 10:57 AM
I was in school (4th grade) in my hometown in eastern NC. They let us out early. I remember walking home and it was a beautiful, clear November day and all us kids were happy that we got out early. I guess we were too young to understand the seriousness of the situation.

Bailey
11-18-2012, 11:18 AM
I wasn't even born yet :D

Rockntractor
11-18-2012, 11:26 AM
Home, my mother answered the phone and started crying, she then turned on the radio, we didn't have television yet.

Starbuck
11-18-2012, 12:36 PM
I was in the navy attending basic electronics school at Great Lakes naval Training Station. I was between classes sitting in the cafe when someone came running in with the news.

Novaheart
11-18-2012, 12:39 PM
I'm sure I was outside playing either at home or my grandparents' house. What I remember though, is the quiet, everyone being indoors. I really didn't understand what had happened, but like all things, I thought it had happened nearby. It's rather like I am watching myself on video (black and white no less) remembering this.

NJCardFan
11-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Waiting to be born in 19 months. I'm reading Killing Kennedy by Bill O'Reilly and it's a good read so far. And, so far, if what I'm reading is true, Bill Clinton is a rank amateur compared to JFK. He even deflowered a virgin on Jackie's bed. This guy was a complete dog.

Madisonian
11-18-2012, 07:48 PM
I've got an alibi, honest!

JB
11-18-2012, 07:52 PM
I was running point for G Herbert Walker in Dallas. We got it done.

Retread
11-18-2012, 10:57 PM
My wife and I were driving from college to home for the holidays. We had a task to complete as Mom had bought Dad a Chihuahua for his asthma for Christmas and we were to pick it up and pretend it was ours.

The breeder lady told us as we got out of the car.

linda22003
11-19-2012, 08:49 AM
I was home that Friday from third grade (it was a teacher's training day or something; it was a day off for the kids in my school district). The housekeeper always had lunch and watched "As the World Turns" at 1:00. That day we got Walter Cronkite instead - "This is a CBS News Special Report...."

noonwitch
11-19-2012, 09:43 AM
I was born 11 months after the assassination. My mom says that she was in a department store in Indianapolis, where we lived, and they announced it over the loudspeaker.

southernlady
11-19-2012, 10:50 AM
I was 9...in school and like others, they let us out early. I didn't understand what had really happened. All I remember was that nothing else was on TV (all of three stations back then and two were hard to get with the rabbit ears).

Liz

namvet
11-19-2012, 11:07 AM
I was a junior in HS. in study hall they let us listen to radios. some kid came running up to the teacher with the news

linda22003
11-19-2012, 11:10 AM
I was 9...in school and like others, they let us out early. I didn't understand what had really happened. All I remember was that nothing else was on TV (all of three stations back then and two were hard to get with the rabbit ears).

I was 8, and I certainly understood the concept that someone had killed the President, and what a terrible thing that was. It was pretty much the first time TV stayed on all the time (no signoffs that weekend, as I recall). I also remember the Latin Mass on the Monday, and asking my parents what was going on. They had probably never seen one before, and couldn't really fill me in on the details at all.