PDA

View Full Version : Showing respect at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

Apocalypse
11-20-2012, 11:18 AM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/540106_303141773134493_1466226320_n.jpg

Meet Lindsey Stone. She was on a paid trip to Arlington by her company "Life" Taken before Veterans day.

LIFE, Living Independently Forever, Inc., is a non profit organization that provdes supported independent living for adults with disabilities within its condominium communities on Cape Cod, Massachusetts. www.lifecapecod.org

(http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lifecapecod.org&h=NAQHBEe-c&s=1)

Mission

The mission of LIFE, working in collaboration with families is to assist residents to develop the skills to function as independently as possible, and to provide supports to assist them in attaining their maximum level of independence, self fulfillment and happiness. Our commitment is life-long, and encompasses the personal, social, and employment needs of LIFE residents.

Company Overview

LIFE, Living Independently Forever, Inc., is a non profit organization that has served adults with learning disabilities within its condomium communities on Cape Cod, Massachusetts for fifteen years. Residents have joined the LIFE community from many areas of our country and beyond. LIFE's professional staff is dedicated to the goal of encouraging each residentís aspirations, strengths and abilities.

LIFE provides support and resources in the areas of vocation, education, social/community involvement and daily living. LIFE is a thriving community, whose residents live full and productive lives.

Residents own or share a condominium within LIFE's condominium communities which offer recreation facilities and state of the art fitness centers in Hyannis and Mashpee on Cape Cod, MA LIFE's professional staff provide responsive support services appropriate to each individual resident.

For more information about LIFE,
please call Diane Enochs, Executive Director
508-790-3600
diane@lifecapecod.org

http://thisainthell.us/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Lindsey-Stone-the-douche-bag-explains.jpg

She left that photo up through out V. day, even thou her friends told her to take it down out of respect. Only recently scrubbing her FB account of it and all others due to the fact her employer is now being blasted for her actions.

Her response is pathetic to say the least.

linda22003
11-20-2012, 11:45 AM
She's got some disabilities, all right. Mental ones.

Rockntractor
11-20-2012, 11:58 AM
I'm sure she will be available for hire soon if someone needs a horses ass to do something.

m00
11-20-2012, 12:09 PM
It's pretty sad, actually.

I don't think she was deliberately offensive -- I think she honest believes that smoking next to a "no smoking sign" is equivalent to flipping off a "show respect" sign at Arlington.

So it's sad that Americans don't understand that the sacrifice of men and women is a real, tangible thing; that soldiers have died overseas since the birth of our nation in service to our nation. "Showing Respect" is not some sort of city ordinance or bylaw (like no smoking in certain areas). It's what you do because you are American, and have freedoms that others have fought and died to secure.

Rockntractor
11-20-2012, 12:14 PM
her job is payed by American taxpayers. She needs to be fired so she can get a job at MSNBC.

She would also be a good spokesperson for taxpayer funded birth control, she would probably be just as good a reason for birth control as Sandra Fluke was.

Apocalypse
11-20-2012, 05:25 PM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-prn1/41788_111187028910078_8470_q.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/LIFECapeCod)LIFE- Living Independently Forever (http://www.facebook.com/LIFECapeCod)3 hours ago

On Nov. 19 at approximately 6 p.m., we became aware that one of our employees had posted an offensive, inappropriate photograph on her personal Facebook page. The photo was taken at a national historic site in October by a fellow employee during a trip to Washington, D.C. attended by 40 residents and eight staff. The photo has since been removed from Facebook, and both employees have been placed on unpaid leave pending the results of an internal investigation.

This photograph in no way reflects the opinions or values of the LIFE organization, which holds our nationís veterans in the highest regard. We are proud to have veterans serving on our staff and board of trustees, and we value their service. The men and women who have selflessly fought and sacrificed their lives to protect the rights and lives of Americans deserve our utmost respect and gratitude. We are acutely aware that this photo has done a disservice to veterans and we are deeply saddened that it was taken and shared in a public medium.

Don't know sounds too muck like we hope it quiets down and we will keep them both.

Rockntractor
11-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Don't know sounds too muck like we hope it quiets down and we will keep them both.

I think after it soaks in a little more and when the complaints don't stop right away, they will fire them both.

txradioguy
11-21-2012, 04:45 AM
There was a CW3 from Ft. Hood that thought it was quite funny:

Josh Hauger:

I'm a 17 Year Army Officer with 5 Iraq Tours and I fully support her actions. It's only harming the softies that can't take a joke.

And here is my email reply to him:

Really sir? With all due respect that shows a level of ignorance about the Tomb that boggles the mind, especially for someone that’s been in as long as you. You obviously have no idea what it means to be a Tomb Guard, the seriousness of the job which they undertake voluntarily or the reason why such respect is asked, and given by everyone but you and the idiot in that picture. Flipping the bird and mocking like you’re screaming your brains out is not something just offensive to :softies”…it’s offensive to anyone, like myself, who’s served in The Old Guard or who gives a damn about what the Tomb and its history really means. Perhaps you should visit Arlington National Cemetery, talk with some of the Tomb Guards and find out what it takes to do their job. I doubt any of the 11B’s walking the mat would appreciate your “softie” remark.

In the future sir, please give a little more thought to your comments before you hit enter.

V/r

SFC XXXX X. XXXXXXXXX

Not surprisingly CW3 Hauger's FB page is chock full of Obama lovin'.

Idiot.

Odysseus
11-21-2012, 09:41 AM
It's pretty sad, actually.

I don't think she was deliberately offensive -- I think she honest believes that smoking next to a "no smoking sign" is equivalent to flipping off a "show respect" sign at Arlington.

Then she is an idiot.

So it's sad that Americans don't understand that the sacrifice of men and women is a real, tangible thing; that soldiers have died overseas since the birth of our nation in service to our nation. "Showing Respect" is not some sort of city ordinance or bylaw (like no smoking in certain areas). It's what you do because you are American, and have freedoms that others have fought and died to secure.

A number of the responses on the "Fire Lindsey Stone" page on Facebook were worse than her original action. One guy had the obligatory crap about us not being as upset when one of us rapes or murders a civilian. Lindsey Stone has no business whining about her intention. We know when the mask slips.

JB
11-21-2012, 09:25 PM
I encourage this type of behavior. I prefer they self-identify.

If one ever worked for me I would take pleasure for years with phrases such as:

"I'm sorry, there's just no room in the budget for a raise for you this year. In fact, I'm going to need you to work this weekend. FYI, you don't get unemployment if you quit".
"I know you put in for that big promotion but we've decided to go in a different direction".
"We're going to have to let you go".

I don't live near her but some dude should start dating her, get her to pay off his credit cards, rent for a few months, dinner every night and then a foot in the ass when she asks where this is going.

marv
11-22-2012, 11:26 AM
Lindsey Stone doesn't realize that those Unknown's and the others in Arlington gave their lives so that she has the privilege to mock them!

When she dies, I would be the first to dance on her grave. The scar on my side from a grenade fragment in Laos gives me that privilege.

Odysseus
11-22-2012, 11:40 AM
I encourage this type of behavior. I prefer they self-identify.

Same here. I have a hard time with people who say "thank you for your service" and then turn around and vote for politicians who undermine it at every turn. She let the mask slip, and demonstrated her core values.

I don't live near her but some dude should start dating her, get her to pay off his credit cards, rent for a few months, dinner every night and then a foot in the ass when she asks where this is going.

That's pretty much what happened when she voted for Obama. He's saddling her with debt, and lying about her future.

Apache
11-22-2012, 08:15 PM
She was fired... (http://hotair.com/archives/2012/11/22/lindsey-stone-loses-her-job/) Seems the outrage over the stunt caught up to her.

Rockntractor
11-22-2012, 08:40 PM
She was fired... (http://hotair.com/archives/2012/11/22/lindsey-stone-loses-her-job/) Seems the outrage over the stunt caught up to her.

There should be a special Darwin award category for people that lose their jobs due to complete idiocy.
I suggest she talk to MSNBC, Democrat Party under desk job or spokesman for free unlimited taxpayer financed birth control.
Maybe Jane could use her in an exercise video.

SarasotaRepub
11-23-2012, 06:03 PM

Good. What a dumbass. I wonder what her DU name is??? :biggrin-new:

Apache
11-23-2012, 08:04 PM
Good. What a dumbass. I wonder what her DU name is??? :biggrin-new:

From what I read, there was outrage on bothsides of the spectrum (as there should be). However there is also calls for her to be left alone. Why? I'll never know...:cold:

Retread
11-24-2012, 09:52 PM
Maybe Jane could use her in an exercise video.

As what? A jump rope?

noonwitch
11-26-2012, 10:12 AM
She's got some disabilities, all right. Mental ones.

Maybe her organization is like the Hair Club For Men-she's the spokesperson and a patient!

txradioguy
11-26-2012, 10:33 AM
Heard back from CW3 Hauger:

As a former 11M It doesn't offend me or any of my peers I've shown this to.
You and I are charged with defending their right to do just this without
fear of reprisal. She wasn't shouting for real and she was not 'flipping
off' the soldiers. She took a picture that I've seen hundreds of soldiers
take similar pictures in front of the Ammo Supply Point sign that says no
open flame pretending to use cigarette lighters. Didn't intend to upset
you, just letting an American citizen know that not everyone finds a joke
offensive all the time.

My reply:

I served at The Old Guard for 4 years...did thousands of ceremonies there
never once saw or heard of such an offensive picture being taken. That kind
of "I've seen others do this stuff" is how photos like the ones at Abu
Ghraib get taken...looking the other way on pictures like this gets us photo
collections like the ones collected by the "kill team" in 5/2 ID.

Laugh at that all you want...but giving photos like that you
mention...civilian or soldier a pass is how it all gets started...baby
steps.

And if you haven't noticed...her employers didn't find it funny. Her and
the person who took the picture are now unemployed.

Funny joke huh?

His retort:

Looks like freedom of speech is no longer so free. Now you and I are wholly
non-productive consumptionist.

And the last word on the subject:

Even free speech has responsibility tied to it.

Don't believe me...go yell fire in a movie theater or talk about having a bomb in your suitcase at the airport.

I mean you SHOULD be able to joke about that...right? Freedom of speech and all?

Novaheart
11-26-2012, 12:57 PM
So would thee panties be in a knot were this joke photo have been taken at the Wicomico Memorial Park?

Apache
11-26-2012, 08:54 PM
His retort:

Looks like freedom of speech is no longer so free. Now you and I are wholly
non-productive consumptionist.

Wow! He's defending a Constitution he knows nothing about.... how sad.

There is no 1ST Amendment protections involved here. There were no grievances to be redressed, or political agendas being aired. It was instead, a very small-minded twit "trying to be funny"...

I think it's time for him to be dismissed :friendly_wink:

djones520
11-26-2012, 08:59 PM
So would thee panties be in a knot were this joke photo have been taken at the Wicomico Memorial Park?

You make it hard for me to not want to slap you sometimes.

Apache
11-26-2012, 09:01 PM

http://2wheeltuesday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/epic-fail-1.jpg

JB
11-26-2012, 09:34 PM
So would thee panties be in a knot were this joke photo have been taken at the Wicomico Memorial Park?Do they have a "silence and respect" or similar sign there?

NJCardFan
11-27-2012, 12:07 AM
Wow! He's defending a Constitution he knows nothing about.... how sad.

There is no 1ST Amendment protections involved here. There were no grievances to be redressed, or political agendas being aired. It was instead, a very small-minded twit "trying to be funny"...

I think it's time for him to be dismissed :friendly_wink:

Not to mention that her employer isn't congress.

Unreconstructed Reb
11-28-2012, 12:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYCPbP_a46I&feature=related

m00
11-28-2012, 12:36 PM

If it were a picture of an ez-bake oven at the holocaust memorial, would you be a bit offended? What about a noose at the MLK memorial?

m00
11-28-2012, 12:40 PM
Heard back from CW3 Hauger:

My reply:

His retort:

And the last word on the subject:

I would say legally and constitutionally people have a right to be offensive... even really, really offensive. Even mind-blowingly full-retard offensive. What's sad is the individual in the picture didn't even really understand how offensive she was being.

BUT, just as people have a right to engage in offensive speech, everyone else has a right to call them out on it... boycott and write nasty letters to their employer, and so forth.

Novaheart
11-28-2012, 12:51 PM
You make it hard for me to not want to slap you sometimes.

Why? Because I'm not jumping on the bandwagon to condemn this woman for joking around on a field trip? I doubt that she is the first to do so. So we should ask, "What has changed?" The thing that has changed is that this woman's photo album is now in a format where someone in desperate need of cause could blow it up and portray it as the worst thing anyone ever did. It simply, isn't. And if we're going to start demanding that everyone who does or says something stupid be fired from his job, then I'll assume that you are in a position to throw stones. Are you?

Novaheart
11-28-2012, 12:57 PM
What's sad is the individual in the picture didn't even really understand how offensive she was being.

This woman was goofing around. I doubt that anyone other than the cameraman saw her do this in person.

Novaheart
11-28-2012, 01:14 PM
Congratulations. She lost her job. I hope you're proud of yourselves. Perhaps internet forums should go to real name users only so that all offensive speech can be similarly punished.

Novaheart
11-28-2012, 01:21 PM
If it were a picture of an ez-bake oven at the holocaust memorial, would you be a bit offended? What about a noose at the MLK memorial?

An equivalent argument would be simply if she were to do the same thing at the Holocaust Memorial or the MLK Memorial. In that circumstance I would take the same position. In fact, if she were to do the same thing at those other two monuments, then perhaps it would be clearer to you that her object was the sign, not the fallen soldiers and veterans.

Arroyo_Doble
11-28-2012, 01:47 PM
Congratulations. She lost her job.

Warhol called it.

Eupher
11-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Congratulations. She lost her job. I hope you're proud of yourselves. Perhaps internet forums should go to real name users only so that all offensive speech can be similarly punished.

Actions have consequences. Period.

Choosing a location at which honor and respect and service are more than just terms thrown about by someone paying lip service to those qualities to show one's ass demonstrates just how quickly ass showings have teeth.

Eupher
11-28-2012, 02:52 PM
An equivalent argument would be simply if she were to do the same thing at the Holocaust Memorial or the MLK Memorial. In that circumstance I would take the same position. In fact, if she were to do the same thing at those other two monuments, then perhaps it would be clearer to you that her object was the sign, not the fallen soldiers and veterans.

In the end, it doesn't really matter what her "true objective" was, even if you actually knew it.

She picked the wrong battle at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Ergo, she gets flushed like the proverbial turd. We can only hope she didn't leave a skid mark.

Odysseus
11-28-2012, 03:29 PM
From what I read, there was outrage on bothsides of the spectrum (as there should be). However there is also calls for her to be left alone. Why? I'll never know...:cold:

There are a couple of Facebook pages in support of her. The most prominent one, https://www.facebook.com/LindsayStoneIsAHeroFreeSpeechForAll?ref=ts&fref=ts, used this as an icon:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/270015_374140099340473_1612328574_n.jpg

Basically, they're antiwar moonbats who take up any cause that attacks us.

You can be such an idiot sometimes.

Why? Because I'm not jumping on the bandwagon to condemn this woman for joking around on a field trip? I doubt that she is the first to do so. So we should ask, "What has changed?" The thing that has changed is that this woman's photo album is now in a format where someone in desperate need of cause could blow it up and portray it as the worst thing anyone ever did. It simply, isn't. And if we're going to start demanding that everyone who does or says something stupid be fired from his job, then I'll assume that you are in a position to throw stones. Are you?

There are some places that you don't joke around. And if you are stupid enough to joke around, then you will have to deal with the consequences of your actions. In her case, she wasn't simply joking, but deliberately showing gross disrespect at the Tomb of the Unknowns. That's hallowed ground for those of us who, but for the grace of God or luck of the draw, could have ended up there. She sought to offend, and succeeded, and she did it on her employer's dime (it was a business-sponsored trip). She has every right to be an offensive jackass, but we have every right to point out to her employer that we don't appreciate the conduct that he pays for.

This woman was goofing around. I doubt that anyone other than the cameraman saw her do this in person.

If that had been the case, then she wouldn't have gotten into trouble. She posted the photo on her Facebook page and it went viral. She wanted attention and she got it.

As for goofing around, perhaps the next time she can pretend to wipe her butt with an AIDS quilt and see your reaction.

NJCardFan
11-28-2012, 04:25 PM
As for goofing around, perhaps the next time she can pretend to wipe her butt with an AIDS quilt and see your reaction.

Or any affront to gays for that matter. I wonder how Nova would feel if someone stood in front of Harvey Milk's grave, ate a Twinkie(or some other tubular sponge cake since Twinkie's are on hiatus) and snapped a picture and posted it for all the world to see.

Novaheart
11-28-2012, 05:08 PM

She didn't wipe her butt on the monument. She goofed around with a sign. She's from New Jersey- what do you expect?

Eupher
11-28-2012, 05:12 PM
She didn't wipe her butt on the monument. She goofed around with a sign. She's from New Jersey- what do you expect?

Even Jerseyites understand RESPECT.

What that asshat did went far beyond "goofing around with a sign."

Zeus
11-28-2012, 05:23 PM
Actions have consequences. Period.

Choosing a location at which honor and respect and service are more than just terms thrown about by someone paying lip service to those qualities to show one's ass demonstrates just how quickly ass showings have teeth.

In the end, it doesn't really matter what her "true objective" was, even if you actually knew it.

She picked the wrong battle at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Ergo, she gets flushed like the proverbial turd. We can only hope she didn't leave a skid mark.

Ain't karma a bitch :biggrin-new:

Apache
11-28-2012, 07:16 PM

Wow Princess, nice to see that you're only a WEEK behind in the news...:biggrin-new:

As for your suggestion. The opinions expressed on this board, by myself, are in no way harmful to my employer. Too bad Ms. Stone could not say the same...

Save your faux outrage for something that matters...:evil-grin:

Odysseus
11-29-2012, 01:23 AM

Silence and Respect, just like the sign says. I would assume even someone from your neck of the woods would understand that.

Hawkgirl
11-29-2012, 01:50 AM
I"m so happy that she got fired and that Nova is mad because he's too stupid to understand why.l

txradioguy
11-29-2012, 03:56 AM

Only because they were too chickenshit to do it at a time when others would be there.

Looking at the lighting..IMO it was taken right about the time the park opened and people could first start to walk by the Tomb.

You Libs never have the balls to do anything like that when there are actual people whi might see it. Guess it's that fear of getting your ass beat.

txradioguy
11-29-2012, 03:58 AM

Thanks to your friends at the DUmp...my real name IS widely known...and they HAVE tried...and failed on several occasions to get me in trouble...for simply stating my opinion on here and in a LTE in Stars and Stripes.

Doesn't change the fact I'm glad this idiot got canned. Or that I said what I did to that idiot CW3.

txradioguy
11-29-2012, 03:59 AM

I'm thinking someone should go put one of these:

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/EIr2aQawgt1IMS3FwPTgMg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9MjUzO2NyPTE7Y3c9NDUwO2R4PTA7ZH k9MDtmaT11bGNyb3A7aD0yNTM7cT04NTt3PTQ1MA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2012-11-16T203245Z_2_CBRE8AF17MH00_RTROPTP_2_US-HOSTESS-BANKRUPTCY.JPG

...at the gravesite of Harvey Milk and take a picture.

I wonder how much Novas thong would get in a twist over that?

Unreconstructed Reb
11-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Congratulations. She lost her job.

You play stupid games, you get stupid prizes.

Of course, you homosexuals already know that................

NJCardFan
11-29-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm thinking someone should go put one of these:

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/EIr2aQawgt1IMS3FwPTgMg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9MjUzO2NyPTE7Y3c9NDUwO2R4PTA7ZH k9MDtmaT11bGNyb3A7aD0yNTM7cT04NTt3PTQ1MA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2012-11-16T203245Z_2_CBRE8AF17MH00_RTROPTP_2_US-HOSTESS-BANKRUPTCY.JPG

...at the gravesite of Harvey Milk and take a picture.

I wonder how much Novas thong would get in a twist over that?

That's precisely what I said considering the anniversary of his death was the other day. Gays from all around would be screaming and whoever did it would be charged with a hate crime.

txradioguy
11-30-2012, 04:54 AM
That's precisely what I said considering the anniversary of his death was the other day. Gays from all around would be screaming and whoever did it would be charged with a hate crime.

Bingo. It would seem these days that only special interest groups and certai protected classes are allowed to have "outrage".

You and I are just supposed to STFU.

Odysseus
11-30-2012, 10:18 AM

Funny how the laws on hate crimes don't cover something like giving the finger to the Tomb of the Unknowns. I guess it's okay to hate Soldiers...

Molon Labe
11-30-2012, 10:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYCPbP_a46I&feature=related

The rifles aren't loaded...but I bet they would butt stroke you real good if you challenge the sanctity of the site.