PDA

View Full Version : Somebody help me out

patriot45
09-24-2008, 08:05 PM
There are no boundries at the DUmp, so I'm not going to hell for bringing this stuff over! :D But, really, this is what the DUmp is made of , lunatic neurotic insaneos! These are all big time posters, so I think they are all nuts!
Moonbats (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=276x8284)
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/images-8.jpg

Droopy (1000+ posts) Tue Sep-23-08 01:41 PM
Original message
Somebody help me out
Advertisements [?]I'm interested in how talk therapy has helped you, if it has. I was in talk therapy for a couple of months after my last hospitalization and I had meds as well. The medication seemed to be working so well that I ditched the talk therapy because it appeared to be going nowhere. I guess I just didn't think I needed to be there.

Well it's 5 years later and some things have been popping into my awareness that I think I need to work on in talk therapy. I'm especially interested in how trauma in childhood has affected your adult life. Personally, I'm lacking in self-confidence and self-esteem and I think it's related to some nasty things that happened to me when I was a kid. We're talking emotional, sexual, and physical violence at the hands of adults. I was really thinking about all of that stuff for the first time in a long time today and now I feel terrible. I know I can let it go and bury those emotions, but I think I will always be dogged by feelings of low self worth if I don't figure out how this is all connected. I go through long periods of time when I feel okay with myself and then something comes along that throws me for a loop and I feel like I do now. I think it's always there, though, waiting for a fight. I'm tired of getting kicked around.

They need to take the 12 step program off a 11 step pier!

knowbody0 (1000+ posts) Tue Sep-23-08 06:14 PM
Response to Original message
1. Hey Droopy
I thought I had hit bottom, so I started talk therapy. Once a week, then every two weeks, then once a month. Over a two year period. Thinking I had already crashed I was so not expecting to shatter, but it happened. I was also medicated. I do believe I turned inside out, that my bones turned to rubber, and was a magnet for the sadness in the world.

It was really hard work, but my therapist was like an angel to me with great comforting wings. We were a perfect match. It always felt like she "got me" if that makes any sense. Bottom line, she saved my life by peeling the layers away. Yep, childhood traumas and horrific adult experiences were all a part of each cell in my body.

I'm really thankful for the experience. Left me with a bit of a song in my heart and the ability to walk tall with faith in my self, as well as in my thoughts.

Droopy, ask the universe for a good match for you, and then have faith in yourself. You have an amazing mind and lots to share with the world.

peace and love

And of course, the Pinko.

mopinko (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-24-08 09:49 AM
Response to Original message
3. droopy. i think
that you have hit bottom, worked yourself up from the bottom, are stable, and now you want to know how high up you can climb. can you find a mate? can you get a better job? so you are looking at all the things that can trip you up.
i think if you can find a good therapist, it can only help you. it is going to take a lot of emotional work for you to have the life you want. i guess you could make the same statement for anybody. and i guess it is equally true that a good therapist could probably help anybody through these turning points in life.
if you can find a good one, try it. and don't let it bother you if the first one doesn't work out. or the second. or the third. you have a long journey ahead. you need the right partner.

take care friend. you deserve to thrive, not just survive.

Now I know its probably good advice for a normal nutso, but these people do have some problems that therapy aint gonna help!