PDA

View Full Version : Happy News From England!

noonwitch
12-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Not that I'm royalty obsessed, but in light of terrorist attacks, fiscal cliffs, and other depressing news there is this:

William and Kate are expecting!

My prayer for the child is this: Please, God, don't let the child inherit his or her paternal grandfather's looks! My he or she have the mother's hair, the father's eyes and the great-grandmother's intelligence.

linda22003
12-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Well, good! That's what they got her for. :)

Rockntractor
12-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Good news indeed!http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/celebre/historique/tyransujets.gif

NJCardFan
12-03-2012, 02:07 PM
To quote Frasier Crane(and editing it to fit the subject): "Roger, at Cornell University they have an incredible piece of scientific equipment known as the Tunneling Electron Microscope. Now, this microscope is so powerful that by firing electrons you can actually see images of the atom, the infinitesimally minute building blocks of our universe. Roger, if I were using that microscope right now, I still wouldn't be able to locate my interest in this news."

So basically what this news is is that another welfare baby is about to be born. Why do I say welfare? Because the royal family of England isn't anything more than a figurehead and showpiece monarchy who lives off of the taxpayers of the United Kingdom.

noonwitch
12-03-2012, 04:04 PM
To quote Frasier Crane(and editing it to fit the subject): "Roger, at Cornell University they have an incredible piece of scientific equipment known as the Tunneling Electron Microscope. Now, this microscope is so powerful that by firing electrons you can actually see images of the atom, the infinitesimally minute building blocks of our universe. Roger, if I were using that microscope right now, I still wouldn't be able to locate my interest in this news."

So basically what this news is is that another welfare baby is about to be born. Why do I say welfare? Because the royal family of England isn't anything more than a figurehead and showpiece monarchy who lives off of the taxpayers of the United Kingdom.

New babies need love, even welfare babies.

Or, as Honey Boo Boo would say:

Baby Kaitlin smells like sunshine. And poop.

Rockntractor
12-03-2012, 04:18 PM
I wonder if England would take us back now, I'm really sorry about that whole revolution deal.

LukeEDay
12-03-2012, 06:07 PM
I don't see the hype over people who are who they are because of their name. They do nothing for society, and live off the tax payers of the country. Then when they take a shit, people get all excited over how big it is.. Please give me a break ...

JB
12-03-2012, 06:58 PM
I care less about the royal family than I do the Kardashians and although this is more Lounge-y than Breaking News is it really necessary to pounce in a new baby thread.

I do like it when they wear their Nazi uniforms though. That's always good for a laugh.

Hawkgirl
12-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Congratulations to the couple. Having a baby is exciting news, no matter who you are. I never got the whole royalty thing either, but they seem like nice enough people.

SaintLouieWoman
12-04-2012, 01:17 AM
Congrats to the new couple. It's better than listening to more fiscal cliff stuff, seeing pics of Obama in his flight jacket (wait, the election is over so he doesn't have to wear it), and Benghazi. This at least is nice news.

linda22003
12-04-2012, 09:48 AM
I wonder if England would take us back now, I'm really sorry about that whole revolution deal.

If you like our tax rates, you'll LOVE the British ones.

Arroyo_Doble
12-04-2012, 09:54 AM
I am an American and all that implies when it comes to the Royal Family (in other words, I don't give a rat's ass) but I think the UK makes out better in the deal and the Royal Family would be happy to take the Crown Estate back if that nation felt their maintenance was too much of a burden.