PDA

View Full Version : Sheila Jackson-Lee Wants Law Abiding Citizens To Turn In Their Guns

NJCardFan
12-20-2012, 01:03 AM
There's stupid and then there's stupid but this coming from the woman who thinks we've been to Mars and that North and South Vietnam are separate countries. Here is the article. Too stupid to post excerpts from. http://redflagnews.com/headlines/dem-rep-sheila-jackson-lee-demands-law-abiding-americans-disarm-turn-in-your-guns Oh, she wants law abiding citizens to turn in their guns. The thugs she loves so, not so much.

Rockntractor
12-20-2012, 01:14 AM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/128935697516442024.jpg

Unreconstructed Reb
12-20-2012, 08:44 AM
No problem, Shelia. Come and get em..........

:evil-grin:

SarasotaRepub
12-20-2012, 11:30 AM
This loon is lucky she knows what planet she's on.:biggrin-new:

Odysseus
12-20-2012, 12:08 PM
It would be a violation of the UCMJ for me to say that a sitting congress member is an idiot, but I am allowed to think it.

Wibbins
12-20-2012, 12:44 PM
It would be a violation of the UCMJ for me to say that a sitting congress member is an idiot, but I am allowed to think it.

I thought the UCMJ only applied while in uniform? I remember my dad saying he couldn't say anything bad about bush while in uniform so he waited until he got home and started bashing him. He's a real jon stewart/colbert fan, he used to watch the guy that can't find work that screamed a lot as well, ironically my parents raised me conservatively my mom did the social part and dad did the fiscal part lol.

Odysseus
12-20-2012, 01:57 PM
I thought the UCMJ only applied while in uniform? I remember my dad saying he couldn't say anything bad about bush while in uniform so he waited until he got home and started bashing him. He's a real jon stewart/colbert fan, he used to watch the guy that can't find work that screamed a lot as well, ironically my parents raised me conservatively my mom did the social part and dad did the fiscal part lol.

The UCMJ applies 24/7. That's why I'm only allowed to think that she's an idiot.

JB
12-20-2012, 08:36 PM
After it got out that she asked if the rover on Mars would be driving by the US flag that the astronauts put there, her chief of staff wrote a letter to the editor (of The Hill) suggesting that it had been racist to point out the congresswoman's error.

No shame, twice the embarassment, race card, blame others. No wonder our Congress is so f'ed up.

Retread
12-20-2012, 11:12 PM
Sheila is about 6 nuts short of a sprouting walnut tree.

djones520
12-21-2012, 12:39 AM
The UCMJ applies 24/7. That's why I'm only allowed to think that she's an idiot.

Well fortunately, as an enlisted person I'm not held to that article, so I can say it. She's an idiot.

Adam Wood
12-21-2012, 03:22 AM
This loon is lucky she knows what planet she's on.:biggrin-new:I'm pretty sure you're giving her entirely too much credit there.

Odysseus
12-21-2012, 09:35 AM
Well fortunately, as an enlisted person I'm not held to that article, so I can say it. She's an idiot.

Sorry, but Article 88 applies to everyone, and it's punitive. Hold your wrist in front of your monitor so that I can virtually slap it.

djones520
12-21-2012, 10:41 AM
Negative Col. Wording specifically states "Commissioned Officers". I am a "Noncommissioned Officer".

Any commissioned officer who uses contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Transportation, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Territory, Commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present shall be punished as a court-martial may direct

Us low brow enlisted folks are expected to badmouth our betters. We don't know no better.

Novaheart
12-21-2012, 11:16 AM

If I still lived in Springfield, I would volunteer to stand on Belvoir and say it for you.

Novaheart
12-21-2012, 11:19 AM
Sorry, but Article 88 applies to everyone, and it's punitive. Hold your wrist in front of your monitor so that I can virtually slap it.

Negative Col. Wording specifically states "Commissioned Officers". I am a "Noncommissioned Officer".

Us low brow enlisted folks are expected to badmouth our betters. We don't know no better.

The way I read that, you can't express contempt for Congress, as an institution and the core of our Republic. I don't see that barring you from making contemptuous remarks about contemptuous Congressmen as individuals. However, since I am not the one who would be brought up on charges, I can understand your caution.

Odysseus
12-21-2012, 12:08 PM

Out-lawyered by an enlisted troopie, and an Air Force one to boot. Oh, the shame... <sigh> Okay, I'm putting my wrist up to the screen....

If I still lived in Springfield, I would volunteer to stand on Belvoir and say it for you.

I appreciate that, but don't feel constrained by geography. Say it wherever you are, as it is still true.

The way I read that, you can't express contempt for Congress, as an institution and the core of our Republic. I don't see that barring you from making contemptuous remarks about contemptuous Congressmen as individuals. However, since I am not the one who would be brought up on charges, I can understand your caution.

Especially since I would not be surprised if our current leadership decided to use politically incorrect speech as a reason to purge us unenlightened personnel from the force.