PDA

View Full Version : too sexy??? you're fired !!!

namvet
12-24-2012, 10:23 AM
an Iowa dental assistant is fired by her boss and his wife who considered her a threat to their marriage, and the all male Iowa Supreme Court agreed.

"These judges sent a message to Iowa women that they don't think men can be held responsible for their sexual desires and that Iowa women are the ones who have to monitor and control their bosses' sexual desires," said attorney Paige Fiedler. "If they get out of hand, then the women can be legally fired for it."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/22/iowa-court-rules-boss-can-fire-employee-considers-irresistible-attraction/#ixzz2FylpTxZL

like some feedback here. especially from our F members. this is a crock a shit. obviously his wife does not trust him

Apache
12-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Nelson, 32, worked for Knight for 10 years, and he considered her a stellar worker. But in the final months of her employment, he complained that her tight clothing was distracting, once telling her that if his pants were bulging that was a sign her clothes were too revealing, according to the opinion

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/22/iowa-court-rules-boss-can-fire-employee-considers-irresistible-attraction/#ixzz2FysTqpUn

If she was dressing in this manner and it was brought to her attention, then it was her fault she was fired... Not that I believe the entire story as told...

FlaGator
12-24-2012, 11:18 AM
If she was dressing in this manner and it was brought to her attention, then it was her fault she was fired... Not that I believe the entire story as told...

This happened to me once. It was an embarrassing experience

hampshirebrit
12-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Knight is a very religious and moral individual, and he sincerely believed that firing Nelson would be best for all parties, he said.

<snort> except Nelson.

Odysseus
12-24-2012, 12:44 PM

There's a bit more in the article:

Nelson, 32, worked for Knight for 10 years, and he considered her a stellar worker. But in the final months of her employment, he complained that her tight clothing was distracting, once telling her that if his pants were bulging that was a sign her clothes were too revealing, according to the opinion.

He also once allegedly remarked about her infrequent sex life by saying, "that's like having a Lamborghini in the garage and never driving it."

Knight and Nelson -- both married with children -- started exchanging text messages, mostly about personal matters, such as their families. Knight's wife, who also worked in the dental office, found out about the messages and demanded Nelson be fired. The Knights consulted with their pastor, who agreed that terminating Nelson was appropriate.

Knight fired Nelson and gave her one month's severance. He later told Nelson's husband that he worried he was getting too personally attached and feared he would eventually try to start an affair with her.

Nelson was stunned because she viewed the 53-year-old Knight as a father figure and had never been interested in starting a relationship, Fiedler said.

Nelson filed a lawsuit alleging gender discrimination, arguing she would not have been terminated if she was male. She did not allege sexual harassment because Knight's conduct may not have risen to that level and didn't particularly offend her, Fiedler said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/22/iowa-court-rules-boss-can-fire-employee-considers-irresistible-attraction/#ixzz2FzLJEEdd

In other words, he was flirting with her, his wife found out, and demanded that he let her go. Not exactly innocent on his part. I'd say that she has a case, not for sexual discrimination, but sexual harassment.

hampshirebrit
12-24-2012, 12:50 PM
In other words, he was flirting with her, his wife found out, and demanded that he let her go. Not exactly innocent on his part. I'd say that she has a case, not for sexual discrimination, but sexual harassment.

But he's "very religious and moral" and her boss, so that's ok. It must then be all her fault.

Rockntractor
12-24-2012, 12:55 PM
This happened to me once. It was an embarrassing experience

We should start a support group, they just don't understand.

Apache
12-24-2012, 02:08 PM

Nelson, 32, worked for Knight for 10 years, and he considered her a stellar worker. But in the final months of her employment, he complained that her tight clothing was distracting, once telling her that if his pants were bulging that was a sign her clothes were too revealing, according to the opinion.

He also once allegedly remarked about her infrequent sex life by saying, "that's like having a Lamborghini in the garage and never driving it."

Knight and Nelson -- both married with children -- started exchanging text messages, mostly about personal matters, such as their families. Knight's wife, who also worked in the dental office, found out about the messages and demanded Nelson be fired. The Knights consulted with their pastor, who agreed that terminating Nelson was appropriate.

Knight fired Nelson and gave her one month's severance. He later told Nelson's husband that he worried he was getting too personally attached and feared he would eventually try to start an affair with her.

Nelson was stunned because she viewed the 53-year-old Knight as a father figure and had never been interested in starting a relationship, Fiedler said.

Nelson filed a lawsuit alleging gender discrimination, arguing she would not have been terminated if she was male. She did not allege sexual harassment because Knight's conduct may not have risen to that level and didn't particularly offend her, Fiedler said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/22/iowa-court-rules-boss-can-fire-employee-considers-irresistible-attraction/#ixzz2FzLJEEdd

Like I said Ody... I don't believe the story as told. There is more here than is being reported...

Odysseus
12-24-2012, 02:14 PM
But he's "very religious and moral" and her boss, so that's ok. It must then be all her fault.
Exactly. His temptation is her fault. He'd make a great Muslim.

Hard to say. I think that we need more information. Like photos of the offending outfits with her in them.

Like I said Ody... I don't believe the story as told. There is more here than is being reported...

Agreed, but even as reported, it's obvious that she's got a case for wrongful dismissal, since the boss flirted with her.

FlaGator
12-24-2012, 02:15 PM

I'm too sexy for a support group.

Unreconstructed Reb
12-24-2012, 03:58 PM

This isn't some multinational corporation where the parties can be transferred to different departments, it's a freaking dentist office! What's this guy supposed to do? Shut his business down because he is too distracted to work and he can't fire the distraction?

Sexual harassment! Yeah, against her! Strutting around flaunting camel toe, swollen cleavage and a tight ass is one hell of a distraction. Hell, I'm getting distracted just thinking about her.......................I'll be back in a little while..................................

Zeus
12-24-2012, 07:23 PM
You have 1 employer , 1 employee and 1 problem. Someone has to go. Gee who ya suppose that person will be ?

hampshirebrit
12-24-2012, 08:02 PM
I think that we need more information. Like photos of the offending outfits with her in them.

Now that's an excellent idea right there.

hampshirebrit
12-24-2012, 08:40 PM
As it turns out, and for the curious, story w/ pics from The Daily Hell:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2252850/Melissa-Nelson-Dental-assistant-sacked-attractive-hits-court-rules-her.html

Sadly no "outfit" shots. :cold:

namvet
12-24-2012, 08:58 PM
I'd like to know what he means by provocative. I worked in an office environment and seen lots of gals dressed hot. so what. they never fired them. was she walking around with it all showing and hanging out???? if so she should be called out but not fired. and an all male jury??? this really blows

Starbuck
12-24-2012, 11:13 PM
You have 1 employer , 1 employee and 1 problem. Someone has to go. Gee who ya suppose that person will be ?

Well, not exactly 1. Actually, the wife worked in the office, too.

That changes things. Not only did The Twit have perky tits, but she was 21 years younger, too!
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/23/article-2252135-16A10265000005DC-351_634x453.jpg

namvet
12-24-2012, 11:49 PM
Well, not exactly 1. Actually, the wife worked in the office, too.

That changes things. Not only did The Twit have perky tits, but she was 21 years younger, too!
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/23/article-2252135-16A10265000005DC-351_634x453.jpg

who's fuckin' who's mind ????

Artois
12-24-2012, 11:59 PM
The whole ordeal to me sounded like the guy was having a midlife crisis and thought he'd go for an employee. What was revealed elsewhere, would have clearly been sexual harassment towards her, had it been in a corporate environment. She was a stellar long term employee by his own words, married, with kids, and not engaging his deviant behavior. His wife finds out he was flirting with her and demands she be fired, understandable feelings.

Personally I view it as sexual harassment and the guy to be an absolute douche bag.

Starbuck
12-25-2012, 01:27 PM
Fact is, it's a free market system and he can fire her for almost any reason he chooses, or no reason at all. But some well meaning politician will try to pass a law limiting the reasons for termination, and awaaaay we go, down the road already paved by Europeans.

I don't want to go down that road. Leave it the way it is; it's his business, his employee.

In fact, I think she is a crybaby for not getting another job during the month she was terminated, but still being paid.

hampshirebrit
12-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Fact is, it's a free market system and he can fire her for almost any reason he chooses, or no reason at all. But some well meaning politician will try to pass a law limiting the reasons for termination, and awaaaay we go, down the road already paved by Europeans.

I don't want to go down that road. Leave it the way it is; it's his business, his employee.

In fact, I think she is a crybaby for not getting another job during the month she was terminated, but still being paid.

So he has an uncontrollable boner and it's somehow her fault ?? I must be missing something here.

Starbuck
12-25-2012, 03:26 PM
So he has an uncontrollable boner and it's somehow her fault ?? I must be missing something here.

The only thing you are missing is the free market mindset, which means he may employ or un-employ anyone of his choosing (almost). He may have fired her for having bad breath, big breasts, extra-marital affairs, not getting along with patients, not getting along with his wife, being a liberal, being a conservative, carrying a handgun in her purse, being 30 seconds late, leaving one minute early or any other reason that occurs to him. But he didn't. He fired her because she became a threat to his marriage. May or may not have been her fault, but there it is.

She is qualified in her field. She should go get another job, and quit her complaining. The trouble is, her willingness to use the court the way she did would preclude her from working in my office. So in the end she screwed only herself.:smile-new:

hampshirebrit
12-25-2012, 04:30 PM
The only thing you are missing is the free market mindset, which means he may employ or un-employ anyone of his choosing (almost).

I'd say the same free market mindset gives her the right to sue him for all manner of things, not least of which would be sexual harrasment, which she isn't doing. I'd say him going on and on to her about getting wood kinda leaves him "exposed" to legal redress, or at least should.

Just out of interest, are you a 1978 Starbuck or a re-imagined Starbuck?

Starbuck
12-25-2012, 05:43 PM
........Just out of interest, are you a 1978 Starbuck or a re-imagined Starbuck?
I'm the 1851 Starbuck, Chief mate of Pequod, and born of the pen of Herman Melville. I, and I alone stood silently while Ahab roused the crew to the task of hunting the white whale, and I alone passed the celebratory measure of grog without so much as a sip. Had I spoken my fears aloud, Pequod and her crew might have been saved, but weakling that I was, I stood mutely and allowed Melville and his pen to drown us all save Ishmael.
Foolish man that I was!.......:smile-new:

namvet
12-27-2012, 04:54 PM
For once, the patients are making the dentist “Yelp.”

Users have written 22 largely one-star reviews of an Iowa dentist on the social-reviews website Yelp after an all-male Supreme Court gave him the thumbs up for firing a dental assistant he found “irresistible

Melissa Nelson, a 32-year-old married mother of two, had worked for James Knight for 10 years, and he considered her a stellar worker. But in the final months of her employment, he complained that her tight clothing was distracting -- once telling her that if his pants were bulging that was a sign her clothes were too revealing, according to the Supreme Court opinion.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2012/12/27/yelp-users-slam-dentist-who-fired-his-assistant-for-being-irresistible/#ixzz2GHuBNsVH

Zeus
12-27-2012, 05:19 PM
A Dentist chose his wife & business over a Dential assistant. What a cad.:rolleyes:

Hawkgirl
12-27-2012, 07:37 PM
She can't help it if her boss is attracted to her. The boss' wife acted out of jealousy, which is also understandable after seeing their pics.

I think she has a civil suit on her hands, even if she doesn't get her job back, she should sue for damages and lost wages.

Zeus
12-27-2012, 07:59 PM
She can't help it if her boss is attracted to her. The boss' wife acted out of jealousy, which is also understandable after seeing their pics.

I think she has a civil suit on her hands, even if she doesn't get her job back, she should sue for damages and lost wages.

What damages ? As far as "lost wages" she got a months wages for not working,not much of a loss now is it.

Hawkgirl
12-27-2012, 09:08 PM
What damages ? As far as "lost wages" she got a months wages for not working,not much of a loss now is it.

She must have not had a lot of money as she got a dumb attorney who didn't underscore the fact that he sent his employee texts about orgasms. This was a slam dunk sexual harassment case...if her dumb attorney took it in that direction.

NJCardFan
12-27-2012, 09:30 PM
I saw her interviewed last night and I gotta say she's pretty hot. That said, what would be the outpouring if she had been fired because she was too ugly?

Zeus
12-27-2012, 10:07 PM
I saw her interviewed last night and I gotta say she's pretty hot. That said, what would be the outpouring if she had been fired because she was too ugly?

Should it matter. Does a business owner as the employer retain the right to hire/fire at their discretion or not , or is that the states call.